Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Paging Motown Bronco
Schadenfreude Offline
Professional Tractor Puller

I Root For: Bowling Green

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

I turned on the local Clear Channel station today.

A state representative has introduced a resolution that would call on Congress to put Reagan on Mount Rushmore.

Clear Channel Nation is mixed on that idea, but talk is now turning to placing Reagan on the $1 coin, the $10 bill, or something.

:ownd:
06-07-2004 07:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

1125 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati, NKU

Folding@NCAAbbsSkunkworks

Billy Cunningham on 700 WLW? (Cincinnati)
06-07-2004 09:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU

You're right. Here's an article that chats about the Reagan-coin thing <a href='http://hnn.us/articles/1853.html' target='_blank'>in more detail.</a> But the article is dated December 2003. I had no idea this was being bandied about months ago... it definitely slipped under my radar.

Given this is relatively "old news", and not a future prediction as we were discussing in the other thread, all bets are now off. :wave:
06-07-2004 09:41 PM
Schadenfreude Offline

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

UCBearcats1125 Wrote:Billy Cunningham on 700 WLW? (Cincinnati)
Actually, WTVN in Columbus.
06-07-2004 10:19 PM
Advertisement

Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU

BTW, the people calling for Reagan's head on a coin/paper money can shout until they turn blue. But it ain't gonna happen. Unless they come out with a 2-cent piece, the mint is going to be very reluctant to replace one popular ex-president for another one on any of our currency.

And no one, but no one, will be added to Mt. Rushmore. Well, if a president ever leads a global victory over an alien invasion, and is instrumental in blowing up the aliens' mothership itself, a la Independence Day... then maybe. [Image: Aliens_0071.gif]
06-07-2004 11:58 PM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies

Off topic but...

Motown... your avatar is the ****. 04-bow
06-08-2004 02:54 AM
rickheel Offline
The Old Bastard

I Root For: Heels
Donators

You guys remember when Clinton was asked who was on Mt Rushmore? He had no clue. None. Didn't get much run in the press. Had Bush not known..........well..........
06-08-2004 04:22 AM
Advertisement

Schadenfreude Offline

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Motown Bronco Wrote:BTW, the people calling for Reagan's head on a coin/paper money can shout until they turn blue. But it ain't gonna happen. Unless they come out with a 2-cent piece, the mint is going to be very reluctant to replace one popular ex-president for another one on any of our currency.
It isn't the mint's call. It's Congress' call.

This is my guess: Republicans will start polling this. If they find polling they like, they move right away.

If not, they move right after the election. (if Bush loses) or at a more leisurely pace in 2005 (if he wins).
06-08-2004 06:51 AM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest

georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:Off topic but...

Motown... your avatar is the ****. 04-bow
Agreed. Dr. Teeth never got enough respect.
06-08-2004 08:21 AM
HuskieDan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

rickheel Wrote:You guys remember when Clinton was asked who was on Mt Rushmore? He had no clue. None. Didn't get much run in the press. Had Bush not known..........well..........
Link, or are you just making stuff up?
06-08-2004 09:26 AM
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest

Motown Bronco Wrote:BTW, the people calling for Reagan's head on a coin/paper money can shout until they turn blue. But it ain't gonna happen. Unless they come out with a 2-cent piece, the mint is going to be very reluctant to replace one popular ex-president for another one on any of our currency.
Hamilton and Franklin were presidents? 03-wink

Quote:And no one, but no one, will be added to Mt. Rushmore.&nbsp; Well, if a president ever leads a global victory over an alien invasion, and is instrumental in blowing up the aliens' mothership itself, a la Independence Day... then maybe.

:laugh:

Never happen. ID is what you get w/ a republican president, and everyone would complain that he was a "cowboy" and/or "stupid".

Mars Attacks is what you get w/ a democrat president: saving the Earth by playing music from Arkansas or Georgia. 03-razz
06-08-2004 09:36 AM
joebordenrebel Offline
1st String

I Root For:

rickheel Wrote:You guys remember when Clinton was asked who was on Mt Rushmore? He had no clue. None. Didn't get much run in the press. Had Bush not known..........well..........
And that's your official PITY THE REPUBLICAN WHITE MAN post for this Tuesday, June 8. :wave:
06-08-2004 10:01 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lethemeul Offline
Fancy Pants

I Root For: Pirates!

NCAAbbs LUGDonatorsFolding@NCAAbbs

Motown Bronco Wrote:You're right. Here's an article that chats about the Reagan-coin thing <a href='http://hnn.us/articles/1853.html' target='_blank'>in more detail.</a> But the article is dated December 2003. I had no idea this was being bandied about months ago... it definitely slipped under my radar.
<a href='http://money.cnn.com/2004/06/08/news/economy/reagan_hamilton/index.htm?cnn=yes' target='_blank'>Being batted around some more</a>

Interesting quote:

Quote:Unlike decisions about notes, coins can be changed at the discretion of the Treasury Secretary.
06-08-2004 03:50 PM
SDSundevil Offline
1st String

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

No way should he be on Mt Rushmore, I would consider putting him on some type of currency.
06-08-2004 07:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.