Scott - Sophomore *2
Grant - Freshman
Sanders - Freshman
May - Freshman *5
Felton - Freshman *1
McCants - Freshman
Will Johnson-Senior
Noel-freshman walk on

Gonna be another long year,with 2 freshmen and 3 sophs, but it should be fun!
03-20-2002 09:14 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

lawrenceterp
Unregistered

I thought Manuel was leaving?
03-20-2002 09:51 AM
rickheel
Unregistered

Evidently, he was thinking about it but it seems he has changed his mind and will be staying.
03-20-2002 10:31 AM
Advertisement

tarheelsben1
Unregistered

YES I HAVE POSTED THIS BEFORE, BUT ITS MODIFIED A LITTLE(b/c of Morrison)

in order of rotation
1. Raymond "the Savior of UNC bball" Felton, boone, holmes
2. scott, manuel
3. manuel, rashad mccants, will johnson
4. jawad, will johnson, byron sanders
5. sean may, damien grant

wow! that's 11 players!! can you imagine if we actually went that deep?? there may be alot of inexperience, but there is a heckofalot of talent and athleticism and wow! I can't wait till all of Doh's recruits get in here, just imagine only 50% of these players are the responsiblity of Doh! haha yeah doh will def bring the heels back on top of the world!
03-20-2002 04:16 PM
nate jonesacc
Unregistered

Ben,
If you are expecting contribution from Sanders, Grant and/or Holmes, you are going to be very disappointed.
03-20-2002 06:37 PM
Advertisement

rickheel
Unregistered

agreed
03-20-2002 10:03 PM
hoops13
Unregistered

The starting lineup for the first few games:

Felton
Scott
Manuel
Williams
May

The starting lineup we will see most next season:
Felton
McCants
Manuel
Williams
May

The lineup I would like to see:
Felton
Scott
McCants
Williams
May

Thoughts:
Throughout each game Boone will play to give Felton breathers, but with the way Boone has played this season he could see more minutes than most expect.

I don't know if many of you fans watch defense, but Jackie Manuel is a great defender. He plays smart on the ball defense and off the ball defense. Jackie is always alert, and he his long arms allow him to alter many shots. I am sure Jackie will improve his offensive skills in the off-season, but his defense will get him minutes. I know many would like to see the offensive players getting most of the minutes, but in order to win games we have to stop the other team from scoring; we will need defense and this is why Jackie will get a lot of minutes.

McCants will most likely play the 2, but will he be able to play the 3? If he plays the 3, McCants and Scott could be in the same lineup.

Will Sanders and Grant develop? Will they be able to give us 10 minutes a game of solid defense, get rebounds, and provide a prescence down low?

At basically a powerfoward build, will May be our biggest guy on the court for most of the game?

Next year's Tarheels will have a lot of talent, hopefully it will gel and this team will find a chemistry. And in that chemistry= victories.
03-20-2002 10:33 PM
Advertisement

JD Heel
Unregistered

I think by the end of the year, our starting lineup will be:

1 - Felton
2 - McCants
3 - Manuel
4 - Jawad
5 - May

I see the first guys off the bench being Boone, Scott, Johnson, and Sanders.

Grant and Sanders should see plenty of action over the course of the year, I think. I don't think either of them is going to be a huge threat on the offensive end, but that's not what we will ask of them. I expect Grant to be a big body that bangs some down low and grabs a couple of rebounds, spelling May for a few minutes a game. If he scores anything at all, it will be a bonus. I actually think Sanders will surprise many with some decent numbers on the offensive end -- decent, but not great. But, I think they will both see a good amount of time off the bench.

-JD
03-21-2002 01:51 PM
tarheelsben1
Unregistered

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
Boone
McCants
Manuel
Williams
May
Backups
Felton
Scott
Johnson
Sanders
Grant</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">maybe for the first couple of games... but you know as well as I do that Doh won't be able to keep Felton out of the game!
03-24-2002 02:18 PM
hamE Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: sports
RE: Your starting line up next year?
guys, boone will NOT be here next year. how many times to i have to say it?
03-19-2008 07:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.