Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

And the doc says..........
rickheel Offline
The Old Bastard

I Root For: Heels
Donators

I have a very clear memory of an incident which occurred while I was the Medical Officer at Naval Support Facility, Cam Ranh Bay.

John Kerry was a (jg), the OinC or skipper of a Swift boat, newly arrived in Vietnam. On the night of December 2, he was on patrol north of Cam Ranh, up near Nha Trang area. The next day he came to sick bay, the medical facility, for treatment of a wound that had occurred that night.

The story he told was different from what his crewmen had to say about that night. According to Kerry, they had been engaged in a fire fight, receiving small arms fire from on shore. He said that his injury resulted from this enemy action.

Some of his crew confided that they did not receive any fire from shore, but that Kerry had fired a mortar round at close range to some rocks on shore. The crewman thought that the injury was caused by a fragment ricocheting from that mortar round when it struck the rocks.

That seemed to fit the injury which I treated.

What I saw was a small piece of metal sticking very superficially in the skin of Kerry's arm. The metal fragment measured about 1 cm. in length and was about 2 or 3 mm in diameter. It certainly did not look like a round from a rifle.

I simply removed the piece of metal by lifting it out of the skin with forceps. I doubt that it penetrated more than 3 or 4 mm. It did not require probing to find it, did not require any anesthesia to remove it, and did not require any sutures to close the wound.

The wound was covered with a bandaid.

Not [sic] other injuries were reported and I do not recall that there was any reported damage to the boat.
05-05-2004 04:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Follow the money, son...you won't be so easily led around by the nose.

Start here:
Merrie Spaeth
John E. O'Neill
Roy Hoffman

End here:
Texas
Karl Rove
05-05-2004 05:29 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Schadenfreude Online
Professional Tractor Puller

I Root For: Bowling Green

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

... meanwhile, back in Texas, Bush was snortin' blow off hookers chests between swigs of Jack Daniels.
05-05-2004 12:05 PM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest

Oddball Wrote:Follow the money, son...you won't be so easily led around by the nose.
Like Richard Clark? :D

(And does any of this matter anyway?)
05-05-2004 12:33 PM
Advertisement

Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Funny how Woodward confirms the main points of Clark's book, isn't it? :wave:
05-05-2004 02:08 PM
Schadenfreude Online
Professional Tractor Puller

I Root For: Bowling Green

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Oddball Wrote:Funny how Woodward confirms the main points of Clark's book, isn't it? :wave:
So did Paul O'Neil's book. :)
05-05-2004 06:07 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

And much of the testimony of the people who appeared in front of the 9/11 commission.
05-06-2004 05:24 AM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies

This showing of how flawed both presidents are is brought to you by Gary Nolan and the Libertarian Party.
05-06-2004 06:55 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.