Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Nancy Reagan - Baby killer?
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

<a href='http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/191958p-165782c.html' target='_blank'>Say it ain't so!</a>
05-10-2004 05:21 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest

Nancy Reagan also consulted astrologers...which bothered me immensely. Hannity had a great opportunity to deal with this weeks ago, but no mention was made.

Anyway, the Stem Cell research question is a tough one. The best answer that I've heard is that stem cells from adult tissue do better than fetal cells.

The source for this info for me has been pro-life groups, although they've referenced primary literature. I'm not so dim-witted to know that sometimes folks exaggerate, but I've never heard a rebuttal to that from anyone.

This question would be an easy one for the media to find an answer (very black and white question.) So why don't they?
05-10-2004 10:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MaumeeRocket Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Oddball Wrote:<a href='http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/191958p-165782c.html' target='_blank'>Say it ain't so!</a>
I never liked her anyway :D
05-10-2004 01:06 PM
joebordenrebel Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Yeah, she's just a woman! Who cares what she thinks?
05-10-2004 01:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MaumeeRocket Offline
1st String

I Root For:

joebordenrebel Wrote:Yeah, she's just a woman! Who cares what she thinks?
Damn Straight
05-10-2004 01:52 PM
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest

In a recent issue in New Scientist (I believe our libarary is a week behind in the printed subscription) there was an article that demonstrated mature stem cells could be treated to produce nerve cells.

The treatment medium was the key, as this process had been observed before but the medium did not allow harvesting w/o damage to many of the cells.

There is huge promise here, and it was unquestioned.

Curiously, in a different section of the magazine, where they print 1-sentence "sound bites" they had Nancy Reagan's quote about losing too much time in stem cell research.

I can assume this juxtaposition was intentional, but it's not clear. Certainly it would take a more sophisticated reader than your average American to put the two together. New Scientist is the best magazine at what it does (MIT Technology Reviews is similar but w/ a different slant) so perhaps they do have that sort of sophisticated reader.
05-27-2004 08:27 AM
MaumeeRocket Offline
1st String

I Root For:

To be honest I have no problem with stem cell research or the morning after pill. I think the the cure to all genetic diseases lyes in the research. The Nerve cell part is good news to anyone that might need to have any kind organ transplant or ahlzehimers.
05-27-2004 01:28 PM
DukeofDrums Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Cincinnati

Ok, I'm still not convinced she said exactly that. I see a few words here and there, but she has not said, "I am for stem cell research."
Instead, all I saw was this.

"I just don't see how we can turn our backs on this,"

AND

"Ronnie's long journey has finally taken him to a distant place where I can no longer reach him," she said. "Because of this, I'm determined to do whatever I can to save other families from this pain."

Nope, not convinced.
05-27-2004 04:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :stupid:
05-28-2004 05:53 AM
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.