Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Pugs eat their own
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

<a href='http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/05/19/mccain.hastert/index.html' target='_blank'>http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/05/19/...tert/index.html</a>
05-20-2004 11:18 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies

Oddball Wrote:<a href='http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/05/19/mccain.hastert/index.html' target='_blank'>http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/05/19/...tert/index.html</a>
Thanks for linking the article, but what was your point? As usual, thanks for adding to the discussion!
05-20-2004 11:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HuskieDan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

GrayBeard Wrote:
Oddball Wrote:<a href='http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/05/19/mccain.hastert/index.html' target='_blank'>http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/05/19/...tert/index.html</a>
Thanks for linking the article, but what was your point? As usual, thanks for adding to the discussion!
It was obviously for a laugh, and I got a hearty one out of it.

For the record, I'll gladly take McCain if he decides to defect! :wave:
05-20-2004 12:40 PM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

Crappies

HuskieDan Wrote:
GrayBeard Wrote:

Please take him!
05-20-2004 12:46 PM
HuskieDan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

GrayBeard Wrote:
HuskieDan Wrote:
GrayBeard Wrote:

Please take him!
Yeah, your side doesn't need any more intelligent people that have actually sacrificed for their country. :rolleyes:
05-20-2004 12:55 PM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

Crappies

Campaign Finance Reform
Campaign Finance Reform
Campaign Finance Reform
Campaign Finance Reform
Campaign Finance Reform
Campaign Finance Reform
Campaign Finance Reform
Campaign Finance Reform
Campaign Finance Reform
Campaign Finance Reform
Campaign Finance Reform
Campaign Finance Reform
Campaign Finance Reform
Campaign Finance Reform
Campaign Finance Reform
Campaign Finance Reform
Campaign Finance Reform
Campaign Finance Reform
Campaign Finance Reform
Campaign Finance Reform
Campaign Finance Reform
Campaign Finance Reform
Campaign Finance Reform
Campaign Finance Reform
Campaign Finance Reform
Campaign Finance Reform
Campaign Finance Reform
Campaign Finance Reform
Campaign Finance Reform
Campaign Finance Reform
Campaign Finance Reform

Yep, that's intelligent!

And I forgot, that only those who have seen combat can talk about it! 03-razz
05-20-2004 01:05 PM
Advertisement

KlutzDio I Offline
1st String

I Root For:

GrayBeard Wrote:Campaign Finance Reform [x100, truncated by KDI]

Yep, that's intelligent!

And I forgot, that only those who have seen combat can talk about it! 03-razz
Campaign finance reform is an intelligent issue, Gray.

What would you rather have a "representative" system in which elected politicians answer only to the big money contributors, or do you favor a representative system in which elected leaders answer to the voting public?

And, why the heck does it cost upteen hundred thousand million dollars to have an election anyway? Don't you think there's some money being wasted there?

Lastly Gray, why don't you give us some reasons to support your position, i.e. tell us why campaign finance reform is bad or why you think it's bad, or just tell us what you think about it (you were rather vague in the quoted post).

On your last comment about combat, what exactly does that relate to on this thread?

Who said only those who've been in combat are the only ones who can talk about it? Most people I know who've been in combat voluntarily choose NOT to talk about it. My grandpappy, for instance, says it was horrible and he'd like to forget about it.

As for intelligence, we see that you are on par with RebelKev! :roflol:
05-20-2004 01:12 PM
KlutzDio I Offline
1st String

I Root For:

After reading the article linked, I now offer my opinion.

Hastert is an activist Republican, much in the tradition of Newt Gingrich.

I found Hastert's remarks and his answer to the reporter's question to constitue a red herring fallacy of logic, and an appeal to emotion. He never did answer the reporter's question about taxes, war and sacrifice.

Instead, Hastert began talking about another issue entirely. He made some comments that McCain should go see the wounded and recovering soldiers at a Bathesda, MD hospital.

What does that have to do with Republican agenda to cut taxes during a two-front war (maybe more fronts than we know, i.e. the cyber-front)?

After reading this, I've concluded that Hastert is an idiot. He is a lazy and sloppy thinker just like his many supporters who frequent this forum.

He interjected emotional appeals when the reporter was specifically seeking a statement on policy.

I think Hastert is really upset that McCain continues to represent core Republican values, and since Hastert is a lap-dog of the ruling GOP elite (Cheney, Rove, Wolfie, Rummie and Ashwipe), he is sad that he had to sell-out to maintain his lofty position in the House. He is upset that McCain is more of a man than he is!

Hastert should be censured for this.
05-20-2004 01:21 PM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

Crappies

Insults, Insults, Insults

Can you post just fact and opinion without insulting someone? I didn't think so. :snore:
05-20-2004 01:24 PM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies

*sigh* I wish McCain could make it past the other GOP elephants. He would definately get my vote. One of the few people in either of the "big two" parties with some *** **** common sense, integrity, responsbility, and a sense of purpose.
05-20-2004 03:05 PM
KlutzDio I Offline
1st String

I Root For:

GrayBeard Wrote:Insults, Insults, Insults

Can you post just fact and opinion without insulting someone? I didn't think so. :snore:
I didn't post any insults on this thread, well none directed at you. I did insult Hastert because one who does not answer a reporter's question, and instead offers radical-conservative talking points, fallacies of logic and plays on the emotions of all Americans is definitely an idiot.

Hastert, and those on this forum who support him, are lazy and sloppy thinkers because their rhetoric displays no sound reasoning. Those who cannot or will not utilize sound reasoning are lazy and sloppy thinkers. Pointing this out, as I did in my previous post, does not constitute an insult, it is indeed factual.

As for you Gray, I see you are incapable of telling us exactly why campaign finance reform is bad, a bad idea, or exactly what you think about campaign finance reform. Instead you want to whine and cry about people like McCain and their efforts in the Senate.

:chair:
05-20-2004 04:28 PM
Advertisement

John Galt Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

KlutzDio I Wrote:I didn't post any insults on this thread, well none directed at you. I did insult Hastert because one who does not answer a reporter's question, and instead offers radical-conservative talking points, fallacies of logic and plays on the emotions of all&nbsp; Americans is definitely an idiot.

Is this a bad joke? Do you really think this doesn't equally apply to plain-old-conservatives, moderates, plain-old-liberals, and "radical-liberals," whatever the heck that means?

Quote:Hastert, and those on this forum who support him, are lazy and sloppy thinkers because their rhetoric displays no sound reasoning.

Um, it is, by your statement, "rhetoric" so what were you expecting in the category of "sound reasoning"; maybe that pre-eminent logician, Michael Moore?

Quote:Those who cannot or will not utilize sound reasoning are lazy and sloppy thinkers. Pointing this out, as I did in my previous post, does not constitute an insult, it is indeed factual.

Tell us about bras and your girlfriend; are you sure you want to set this standard?
05-20-2004 06:08 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

GrayBeard Wrote:
Someday maybe I'll post something that you'll be capable of comprehending. Until then, I'll leave you with an appropriate quote. Perhaps someone will explain it to you.

" Not all conservatives are stupid people, but most stupid people are conservatives."
- John Stuart Mill
05-20-2004 06:31 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

KlutzDio I Wrote:What would you rather have a "representative" system in which elected politicians answer only to the big money contributors, or do you favor a representative system in which elected leaders answer to the voting public?
His support for Bush answers that question most completely.
05-20-2004 06:33 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:*sigh* I wish McCain could make it past the other GOP elephants. He would definately get my vote. One of the few people in either of the "big two" parties with some *** **** common sense, integrity, responsbility, and a sense of purpose.
McCain is a good, honorable man. I hope the Hastert types cause him to seriously consider joining a bi-partisan ticket with Kerry. If I recall correctly, he never said that he wouldn't join such a ticket, he merely stated that he was a loyal member of the Republican party, and planned to remain one. The Republican party needs a thorough house cleaning, and that would be a good start.
05-20-2004 06:36 PM
MaumeeRocket Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Oddball Wrote:
georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:*sigh*&nbsp; I wish McCain could make it past the other GOP elephants.&nbsp; He would definately get my vote.&nbsp; One of the few people in either of the "big two" parties with some *** **** common sense, integrity, responsbility, and a sense of purpose.
McCain is a good, honorable man. I hope the Hastert types cause him to seriously consider joining a bi-partisan ticket with Kerry. If I recall correctly, he never said that he wouldn't join such a ticket, he merely stated that he was a loyal member of the Republican party, and planned to remain one. The Republican party needs a thorough house cleaning, and that would be a good start.
He has stated numerous times he would not run on the Kerry Ticket.
05-20-2004 08:04 PM
Advertisement

joebordenrebel Offline
1st String

I Root For:

"All we are called upon to do is not spend our nation into bankruptcy while our soldiers risk their lives. I fondly remember a time when real Republicans stood for fiscal responsibility. Apparently those days are long gone for some in our party."

Maybe Bernie could talk him into defecting. . .

We could call them the "Let's Call a Spade a Spade" Party.
05-20-2004 09:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Motown Bronco Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU

Quote:"All we are called upon to do is not spend our nation into bankruptcy while our soldiers risk their lives. I fondly remember a time when real Republicans stood for fiscal responsibility. Apparently those days are long gone for some in our party."

That pretty much sums it up.

Great quote.
05-20-2004 10:38 PM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies

I would not vote for Kerry as president if he had Jesus as vice president on the ballot.

I'm interested in something along the lines of:

President: John McCain (R-AZ)
Vice President: Lindsey Graham (R-SC)

Though both are Republicans, both vote with their head (not their party) first most times. They have a sense of purpose, etc etc etc.

It felt good to see somebody I voted for (Graham) absolutely grilling the hell out of the brass in Washington over the prisoner torture. He asked the questions that needed to be asked, and he didn't care who's feelings got hurt in the process. I respect that.

The Republican party doesn't need house cleaning -- the whole of Washington, DC needs house cleaning, starting with equal and fair funding for all of the other serious parties (Green, Libertarian, Reform) as well as better provisions for ind. candidates. It would, however, be nice to see somebody with a brain and sense of purpose to nuke about half the GOP and Democrats. It's far overdue for this nation to do what's right and stop playing politics.
05-20-2004 10:41 PM
Motown Bronco Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU

Another Republican I greatly admire is Senator Ron Paul. Would love to see him on a ticket.
05-20-2004 10:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.