Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Libertarian Party: The Party of Principle
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies

Quote:Spoiler news: No, not Ralph. There is a secret spoiler lurking out there that only political junkies have ever heard of: Michael Badnarik of the Libertarian Party. He is on the ballot in 48 states, vs. about 35 for Nader. Some polls show him pulling in 1% to 3% of the vote. To a much greater extent than Nader, Badnarik is an equal-opportunity spoiler--he pulls at least at much support from Bush as he does from Kerry. His message is balanced budgets, low taxes, and minimal government. Minimal government means turning many government functions, from welfare to social security to national parks over to the private sector. Voters who support a balanced budget, free trade, and abortion on demand, and who oppose high taxes, gun control and laws telling consenting adults what they can do in private but can't stomach voting for a Democrat may go for Badnarik. The pollsters don't seem to know about Badnarik and rarely include him in the polls. If you want to see the polls include him you might suggest it to the pollsters.

Don't believe, however, that the Libertarian Party parallels in ANY WAY the Democratic Party. Libertarians are socially liberal, but fiscally conservative. That site is ran by a filthy Democrat, and his statement essentially calling the Libertarians Democrats is dead f'n wrong.

http://www.electoral-vote.com
10-07-2004 12:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Tulsaman Offline
This Space For Rent
Jersey Retired

I Root For: OK State, Tulsa
CrappiesCrappies

georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:
Quote:Spoiler news: No, not Ralph. There is a secret spoiler lurking out there that only political junkies have ever heard of: Michael Badnarik of the Libertarian Party. He is on the ballot in 48 states, vs. about 35 for Nader. Some polls show him pulling in 1% to 3% of the vote. To a much greater extent than Nader, Badnarik is an equal-opportunity spoiler--he pulls at least at much support from Bush as he does from Kerry. His message is balanced budgets, low taxes, and minimal government. Minimal government means turning many government functions, from welfare to social security to national parks over to the private sector. Voters who support a balanced budget, free trade, and abortion on demand, and who oppose high taxes, gun control and laws telling consenting adults what they can do in private but can't stomach voting for a Democrat may go for Badnarik. The pollsters don't seem to know about Badnarik and rarely include him in the polls. If you want to see the polls include him you might suggest it to the pollsters.

Don't believe, however, that the Libertarian Party parallels in ANY WAY the Democratic Party. Libertarians are socially liberal, but fiscally conservative. That site is ran by a filthy Democrat, and his statement essentially calling the Libertarians Democrats is dead f'n wrong.

http://www.electoral-vote.com
sounds like Southern Democrats. Southern Dems conservative-ish don't pull the liberal stunt GOPers
10-07-2004 12:50 PM
MAKO Offline
1st String

I Root For:

And it's like the bible toting fanatics of the Republicans in what way??? Actually, you will find that, on civil liberties questions, libertarians are most often aligned with the ACLU.
10-07-2004 01:00 PM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies

MAKO Wrote:And it's like the bible toting fanatics of the Republicans in what way???
Hey, I resemble that remark. Actually, I am one of them, and that is why I don't fall into the libertarian party.
10-07-2004 01:03 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Sounds nothing like Southern Democrats. Southern Democrats believe in things like blue laws, mandating prayer in schools, and mandating what you can do in your own home.
10-07-2004 01:08 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Tulsaman Offline
This Space For Rent
Jersey Retired

CrappiesCrappies

RebelKev Wrote:Sounds nothing like Southern Democrats. Southern Democrats believe in things like mandating prayer in schools
whats the matter with that.
10-07-2004 01:18 PM
Advertisement

Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

I Root For: Charlotte

georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:Don't believe, however, that the Libertarian Party parallels in ANY WAY the Democratic Party.
I guess it depends on your vantage point.

Libertarians favor open borders, gay marriage, abortion, legalized drugs and elimination of the INS. These are definently not republican positions.

I'd say they are a mix of the "further" right/left elements of each party, with some exceptions.
10-07-2004 01:28 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Tulsaman Wrote:
RebelKev Wrote:Sounds nothing like Southern Democrats. Southern Democrats believe in things like mandating prayer in schools
It's not your job to force your prayer on someone else's child. You want your child praying, tell him/her to pray. Leave other children out of it.
10-07-2004 01:28 PM
Tulsaman Offline
This Space For Rent
Jersey Retired

CrappiesCrappies

RebelKev Wrote:
Tulsaman Wrote:
It's not your job to force your prayer on someone else's child. You want your child praying, tell him/her to pray. Leave other children out of it.
America is built on Chirstian values. don't like it don't come here.
10-07-2004 01:30 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Tulsaman Wrote:
RebelKev Wrote:
Tulsaman Wrote:
Not everyone that founded this country was a Christian. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.
10-07-2004 01:38 PM
Tulsaman Offline
This Space For Rent
Jersey Retired

CrappiesCrappies

RebelKev Wrote:
Tulsaman Wrote:
RebelKev Wrote:
Tulsaman Wrote:
Not everyone that founded this country was a Christian. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.
majority was. Majority rules.
10-07-2004 01:41 PM
Advertisement

Lethemeul Offline
Fancy Pants

I Root For: Pirates!

NCAAbbs LUGDonatorsFolding@NCAAbbs

Quote:majority was. Majority rules.

Well, the 'majority' can kiss my behind. If I had children, and I don't, their prayer habits are nobody's business but my own. You cannot and should not force people to pray any more than you should force them not to pray.

This is America. You can tell the church, God, and the government to bleep off if the mood strikes you. The only one of the above three who can force you to face the consequences is God, and he ain't institutional (I think that makes sense).
10-07-2004 02:02 PM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies

Ninerfan1 Wrote:Libertarians favor open borders, gay marriage, abortion, legalized drugs and elimination of the INS. These are definently not republican positions.
I am from a more Boortz-ian vantage point.

I favor extremely secure borders. While I want the legalization of drugs, I want them INSTITUTIONALIZED. Manage it... house it... and then tax the ever loving crap outta it. 150%+ tax. You could do alot with that kind of money. Not to mention drugs would be safer since no highly contaminated drugs will be used b/c the government regulates it. It just may be cheaper too. Supply and demand. The supply will skyrocket (relatively) with nobody shooting down drug planes and/or boats.

So... let John and Jane Doe get their high. They're paying for secure borders, improved infrastructure, and other such goodies. :wave:
10-07-2004 02:06 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Tulsa, you need to read the constitution there buddy. This is NOT, I repeat NOT, a country based on majority rule.....it is based on the rule of law. Damn, stick to repairing vehicles.
10-07-2004 02:07 PM
Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:I am from a more Boortz-ian vantage point.

I favor extremely secure borders. While I want the legalization of drugs, I want them INSTITUTIONALIZED. Manage it... house it... and then tax the ever loving crap outta it. 150%+ tax. You could do alot with that kind of money. Not to mention drugs would be safer since no highly contaminated drugs will be used b/c the government regulates it. It just may be cheaper too. Supply and demand. The supply will skyrocket (relatively) with nobody shooting down drug planes and/or boats.

So... let John and Jane Doe get their high. They're paying for secure borders, improved infrastructure, and other such goodies. :wave:
So you're not a Bandarik libertarian then. :D

I find many of my positions right there with libertarians, just not to the extent in many cases.

I've talked to libertarians who think if you want a nuke and can afford it you should be allowed to have one. That's insane to me.
10-07-2004 02:08 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:
Ninerfan1 Wrote:Libertarians favor open borders, gay marriage, abortion, legalized drugs and elimination of the INS.  These are definently not republican positions.
I am from a more Boortz-ian vantage point.

Same here. I think we in the Libertarian party are starting to see different sects forming in the LP. Kinda like what they have in the DNC and RNC.
10-07-2004 02:09 PM
Advertisement

Tulsaman Offline
This Space For Rent
Jersey Retired

CrappiesCrappies

RebelKev Wrote:Tulsa, you need to read the constitution there buddy. This is NOT, I repeat NOT, a country based on majority rule.....it is based on the rule of law. Damn, stick to repairing vehicles.
but i do think you agree with me that religous values should be weighed in our candidates for political office. like me for example i am a Southern Baptist.
10-07-2004 02:13 PM
Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

Tulsaman Wrote:like me for example i am a Southern Baptist.
And you're voting for Kerry?

:eek: :eek: :shock: :shock: 03-confused
10-07-2004 02:19 PM
Tulsaman Offline
This Space For Rent
Jersey Retired

CrappiesCrappies

Ninerfan1 Wrote:
Tulsaman Wrote:like me for example i am a Southern Baptist.
And you're voting for Kerry?

:eek: :eek: :shock: :shock: 03-confused
yes sir. but i'm hoping edwards ends up president. we could impeach kerry 1 minute after he gets inagurated.
10-07-2004 02:20 PM
Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

Tulsaman Wrote:yes sir. but i'm hoping edwards ends up president. we could impeach kerry 1 minute after he gets inagurated.
Given that Kerry, socially speaking, represents virtually everything the southern baptists are against i'm amazed you can vote for him.
10-07-2004 02:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.