Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The unbiased press...
jjburtzel Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UC Bearcats

<a href='http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/latimests/20041026/ts_latimes/cbshadiraqstoryjustnotintime' target='_blank'>CBS Tries to Hold Story until next weekend...I wonder why?</a>

You think trying to 'hold' the story until this weekend had anything to do with trying to do any last-minute influencing? Usually these news guys are dying to get stuff out first. Interesting.
10-26-2004 10:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest

jjburtzel Wrote:<a href='http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/latimests/20041026/ts_latimes/cbshadiraqstoryjustnotintime' target='_blank'>CBS Tries to Hold Story until next weekend...I wonder why?</a>

You think trying to 'hold' the story until this weekend had anything to do with trying to do any last-minute influencing? Usually these news guys are dying to get stuff out first. Interesting.
Quote:CBS, however, had another major story set to air on "60 Minutes" Sunday: new reporting on the racially motivated slaying of 14-year-old Emmett Till in Mississippi in 1955. It also could not tape enough Iraq interviews in time for the Sunday broadcast.

The answer is obvious enough. First CBS-60 Minutes has a longstanding tradition of verifying their stories, and since they couldn't do it w/ Iraqi interviews they were ethically obliged to pass.

Secondly, a breaking story from 1955 just cannot wait!
10-26-2004 10:26 AM
MAKO Offline
1st String

I Root For:

CBS held off on a story talking about hundreds of tons of explosives that have gone missing in Iraq under Dubya's watch? Hmmm. Must be that librul media conspiracy I hear about all the time.
10-26-2004 11:18 AM
ccs178 Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss

CrappiesCrappiesDonators

MAKO Wrote:CBS held off on a story talking about hundreds of tons of explosives that have gone missing in Iraq under Dubya's watch? Hmmm. Must be that librul media conspiracy I hear about all the time.
The conspiracy is waiting until October 2004 to "break" a story from March 2003. There was an NBC news crew with the US troops that went to secure the base when we invaded in March 2003. According to the NBC crew the explosives were already gone. The explosives were taken sometime between January 2003 and March 2003, before we invaded. So, what you are saying is that it is President Bush's fault because we didn't go in soon enough?
10-26-2004 11:41 AM
Advertisement

jjburtzel Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UC Bearcats

MAKO Wrote:CBS held off on a story talking about hundreds of tons of explosives that have gone missing in Iraq under Dubya's watch?&nbsp; Hmmm.&nbsp; Must be that librul media conspiracy I hear about all the time.
Yep, the President has either missed his shift watching the warehouse or he didn't personally double check the duty roster to make sure that Ahbib hadn't worked a double shift the night before...so he wouldn't be tired during his shift (it just makes it easier for the terrorists to walk off with tons of explosives if your watchman is tired)... :rolleyes:

You know, I'm pissed at W today too...I mean, it's overcast and I expected a sunny day. Presidents control everything, right?

The point (and thanks for trying to change the subject), is that this story is in CBS's lap for months...but apparently they just rediscovered it, so instead of airing the story on, let's just say, October 24th's broadcast (the weekend after they 'rediscovered' the story), they decide to hold off until the October 31st broadcast. Oh damn...that's the Sunday before the election...well, I'm sure that's just a fluke that it turned out that way. I mean, CBS wouldn't want to try to influence anyone, or not give the President an opportunity to explain that this is an old story before election day, would they?

Don't you hate it when you think you've made a point, but you have to spell it out for people?
10-26-2004 01:04 PM
DrTorch Offline

jjburtzel Wrote:Don't you hate it when you think you've made a point, but you have to spell it out for people?
Mako's a lawyer. Facts are optional for his profession...much like journalism.
10-26-2004 01:07 PM
Bob Saccomano Offline
1st String

I Root For:

The story's pretty much been crushed anyway...but Kerry/Edwards aren't going to let the facts get in the way of a good lie against the President.

<a href='http://www.drudgereport.com/dnce.htm' target='_blank'>Kerry won't let failed 'October surprise' go...HE CAN'T. Spreading this lie is their only hope.</a>

The New York Times continually brings new meaning to the title "Ministry of Propaganda"...and CBS isn't far behind.
10-26-2004 01:17 PM
Advertisement

bearcat65 Offline
All American

I Root For:

Kerry's doing a fine job of talking out of both sides of his mouth. According to him Bush shouldn't have gotten us into Iraq yet it's Bush's fault that explosive's go missing prior to us getting there.
10-26-2004 01:50 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

I'm at Ft. Hood, Texas teaching so I don't have much access to the internet, but I heard that these materials went missing before we went into Iraq. If that is true, how can ANYONE blame Bush? Partisan politics?
10-26-2004 05:20 PM
Quote this message in a reply
MAKO Offline
1st String

I Root For:

The fact is that nobody knows when they went missing.
10-26-2004 05:49 PM
Advertisement

gruehls
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

MAKO Wrote:The fact is that nobody knows when they went missing.

the fact is, there's only one group pretending they do, and it's the kerry campaign histrionic nonsense patrol.
10-26-2004 06:14 PM
tigerjoe Offline
Fan of Mesaboogie and PRS

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

DonatorsDonators

MAKO Wrote:The fact is that nobody knows when they went missing.
The fact is that you democrats and your liberal media are idiots and liars. This is hog-f'ing-wash. This stuff was gone before we got there. Probably along with a bunch of fricken WMD's!! Most of us are not stupid freaking sheep that get led by the liberal media machine.

John Edwards said this about the Iraqi explosives story at a campaign stop in Wilmington, Ohio, only hours after this 'story' 'broke...'

Quote:These are exactly the kind of explosives terrorists want. They're the dangerous weapons we wanted to keep from falling in the hands of terrorists. And now these explosives are out there, and we have no idea who's got them.

So Edwards is now acknowledging that when we invaded Iraq Saddam Hussein possessed "exactly" the kind of "dangerous weapons" that "terrorists want." Does Edwards still believe that this was "the wrong war at the wrong place at the wrong time?"

fn <a href='http://newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/10/26/141756.shtml' target='_blank'>http://newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/10/26/141756.shtml</a>

Give me a break.

Get a life.
10-26-2004 06:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

<a href='http://www.cnsnews.com//ViewPolitics.asp?Page=\Politics\archive\200410\POL20041026b.html' target='_blank'>http://www.cnsnews.com//ViewPolitics.asp?P...L20041026b.html</a>
10-26-2004 06:55 PM
Advertisement

THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall

Some interesting interviews on Hannity and Colmes last night on this topic.

1) An NBC reporting traveling with the 81st Airborne (the first unit to reach the complex) said a search of the complex was done and NO boxes with IAEA tape on them were found. He said although not a detailed search (the complex was basically a large military base) there was no evidence to merit a more detailed search.

2) It would have taken thirty-eight, THIRTY-EIGHT, large tractor-trailers to move this much explosive in a short period of time. Don't you think someone would have noticed this kind of activity at a deserted military base?

3) Dick Morris (a Bill Clinton friend and advisor) says this story is without merit and will fall apart in less than a week, ultimately again embarrassing CBS news making Kerry look bad since he now has commercials running about this story.

4) Since this story broke Monday, How did the Kerry campaign have time to write, film, and edit their commercial on this topic so quickly? It was running by Tuesday afternoon.
10-27-2004 05:38 AM
DrTorch Offline

THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:4) Since this story broke Monday, How did the Kerry campaign have time to write, film, and edit their commercial on this topic so quickly? It was running by Tuesday afternoon.
So Kerry's last two campaign pitches have been knowingly lying about losing arms in Iraq and that it's the president's fault there is a flu vaccine shortage.

Yeah, that's the kind of guy I want in the highest office. :rolleyes:

If you really don't like Bush, then vote for Nader or something, I hate the idea of the US self-destructing w/ Kerry.

PS I notice SF isn't on here boasting about Kerry being a hero anymore.
10-27-2004 07:23 AM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Sadly, it usually doesn't matter with the un/misinformed. He who yells loudest is usually what they remember. I'm sure a retraction will be printed......a week or so after the election and buried in what Britney, Kobe, and Scott Peterson are doing lately.
10-27-2004 08:22 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.