Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Gagne out for a LONG time
GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

<a href='http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2091891' target='_blank'>http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2091891</a>

Best of luck to him. It's going to be a long road back. Who knows if he'll ever be the same?
06-21-2005 10:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JoltinJacket Offline
The Resident Stat Machine

I Root For: Georgia Tech

SkunkworksHall of FameCrappies

Ruh roh. This is his 2nd Tommy John surgery. It's tough to gauge how guys will come back from the 2nd surgery. My guess is he's gone until the middle of '06 or maybe even '07.
06-21-2005 10:48 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies

how tragic. bye gagne :wave:
06-22-2005 06:44 AM
GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

Maybe not so long.

<a href='http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/baseball/mlb/06/24/gagne.surgery.ap/index.html' target='_blank'>http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/base...y.ap/index.html</a>
06-24-2005 10:14 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies

GDawgs88 Wrote:Maybe not so long.

<a href='http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/baseball/mlb/06/24/gagne.surgery.ap/index.html' target='_blank'>http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/base...y.ap/index.html</a>
too bad.
06-24-2005 10:34 PM
GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

Too bad for the rest of baseball, great for Gagne.
06-24-2005 10:35 PM
Advertisement

flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies

GDawgs88 Wrote:Too bad for the rest of baseball, great for Gagne.
no, i mean too bad he's not going to be injured for a longer period of time. i was hoping he would never pitch again.
06-24-2005 10:39 PM
GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

I know what you meant. It's too bad we're going to have to face him next year. Oh well, we only have to face him six times a year, you have to face him twenty times a year. 04-rock 03-wink
06-24-2005 10:52 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies

GDawgs88 Wrote:I know what you meant. It's too bad we're going to have to face him next year. Oh well, we only have to face him six times a year, you have to face him twenty times a year. 04-rock 03-wink
i'm not worried about facing him. we can beat him. it's just that i hate him, cause he's a dodger.
06-24-2005 10:54 PM
JoltinJacket Offline
The Resident Stat Machine

I Root For: Georgia Tech

SkunkworksHall of FameCrappies

flyingswoosh Wrote:
no, i mean too bad he's not going to be injured for a longer period of time. i was hoping he would never pitch again.
Wow. You ripped us for (A) hoping the steroid controversy would end Barry Bonds career and (B) no longer liking Tom Glavine because he signed with another team. Now you're hoping a severe injury ends a player's career.
06-24-2005 10:54 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies

JoltinJacket Wrote:
flyingswoosh Wrote:
Wow. You ripped us for (A) hoping the steroid controversy would end Barry Bonds career and (B) no longer liking Tom Glavine because he signed with another team. Now you're hoping a severe injury ends a player's career.
he's a dodger. do you get it. you braves fans don't understand rivalries, cause you have none. it's the job of a giants fan to deeply hate all dodgers. this rivalry is the best in baseball. you can't understand these feelings if you don't have a true rival.
06-24-2005 10:57 PM
Advertisement

GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

Seriously, how can you be happy when a guy's career is ruined by injury? I wouldn't be happy if say, Pedro Martinez could never pitch again.
06-24-2005 10:58 PM
GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

flyingswoosh Wrote:he's a dodger. do you get it. you braves fans don't understand rivalries, cause you have none. it's the job of a giants fan to deeply hate all dodgers. this rivalry is the best in baseball. you can't understand these feelings if you don't have a true rival.
This has nothing to do with rivalries. We understand that you hate the Dodgers. But to be happy when a guy has his career possibly ruined is a little severe. The guy's a human being first and a ball player second.
06-24-2005 11:00 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies

GDawgs88 Wrote:Seriously, how can you be happy when a guy's career is ruined by injury? I wouldn't be happy if say, Pedro Martinez could never pitch again.
what does he have to do w/anything? the mets are not a natural rival of the braves.
06-24-2005 11:02 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies

GDawgs88 Wrote:
flyingswoosh Wrote:he's a dodger.&nbsp; do you get it.&nbsp; you braves fans don't understand rivalries, cause you have none.&nbsp; it's the job of a giants fan to deeply hate all dodgers.&nbsp; this rivalry is the best in baseball.&nbsp; you can't understand these feelings if you don't have a true rival.
This has nothing to do with rivalries. We understand that you hate the Dodgers. But to be happy when a guy has his career possibly ruined is a little severe. The guy's a human being first and a ball player second.
no. he's a dodger first, and nothing else. if the dodger plane went down, and would not feel the least bit of remorse or sadness.
06-24-2005 11:02 PM
GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

flyingswoosh Wrote:
GDawgs88 Wrote:Seriously, how can you be happy when a guy's career is ruined by injury? I wouldn't be happy if say, Pedro Martinez could never pitch again.
what does he have to do w/anything? the mets are not a natural rival of the braves.
They are in the Braves division, so I hate them as much as you hate the Dodgers.
06-24-2005 11:03 PM
Advertisement

flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies

GDawgs88 Wrote:
flyingswoosh Wrote:
They are in the Braves division, so I hate them as much as you hate the Dodgers.
believe me when i say that you don't. it means nothing to say that they are in the same division. if you want pedro to tear his rotator cuff, then you hate the mets as much as i hate the dodgers. until then, it's obvious that you don't.
06-24-2005 11:04 PM
GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

flyingswoosh Wrote:no. he's a dodger first, and nothing else. if the dodger plane went down, and would not feel the least bit of remorse or sadness.
Now, that's way over the top.

You would not be sad if 25 young men died all at once? I hope you just did not say that.
06-24-2005 11:05 PM
GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

flyingswoosh Wrote:believe me when i say that you don't. it means nothing to say that they are in the same division. if you want pedro to tear his rotator cuff, then you hate the mets as much as i hate the dodgers. until then, it's obvious that you don't.
Or maybe I just don't take pleasure in other people's misery.
06-24-2005 11:05 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies

GDawgs88 Wrote:
flyingswoosh Wrote:no.&nbsp; he's a dodger first, and nothing else.&nbsp; if the dodger plane went down, and would not feel the least bit of remorse or sadness.
Now, that's way over the top.

You would not be sad if 25 young men died all at once? I hope you just did not say that.
i did just say that. they're the enemy. i despise the dodgers, with every bone in my body.
06-24-2005 11:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.