Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Blue Devils' Autobiography
nate jonesacc
Unregistered

<a href='http://bbs.thedevilsden.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1369' target='_blank'>http://bbs.thedevilsden.com/phpBB2/viewtop...opic.php?t=1369</a>
12-09-2002 11:33 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

The Peoples Champion Offline
1st String

I Root For:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
12-09-2002 02:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Big Pimpin Deac
Unregistered

Great find, nate!
12-10-2002 08:54 AM
1st String

I Root For:

Man, whoever did this is hilarious!
12-10-2002 02:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
nate jonesacc
Unregistered

For those of you wondering about the author... that would be yours truly. :D :D :D 03-razz :stupid:
12-10-2002 03:53 PM
Big Pimpin Deac
Unregistered

In that case, good job nate!
12-10-2002 04:02 PM
Advertisement

Coach Doh
Unregistered

Go Nate! 04-bow
Go Duke! 04-bow

-doh
12-10-2002 04:51 PM
rickheel
Unregistered

That is one of the funniest things I have seen in a long time. Well done Nate. :laugh: 04-bow
12-12-2002 10:00 AM
Deep Blue
Unregistered

Incredibly lame, nate comes across as someone who favors censorship whenever he comes across anything he disagrees with but can't argue with due to lack of intelligence. Please don't even think about applying to Duke, the university needs only those who are capable of having real discussions and believe in open debates. Was there some reason this was posted 3 times in one day? It's funny how I'm the only one on the internet who actually posts about all aspects of Duke University, from academics and finances to football, mens and womens basketball, baseball, and field hockey.
12-12-2002 10:28 PM
1st String

I Root For:

Deep Blue, you have a lot of nerve saying all of this in regards to nate. let's go line to line in your most recent session, shall we? By the way, thanks for keeping it under 1 page this time...

Quote:Incredibly lame, nate comes across as someone who favors censorship whenever he comes across anything he disagrees with but can't argue with due to lack of intelligence.

Sounds like a case of the pot and the kettle to me.

Quote:Please don't even think about applying to Duke, the university needs only those who are capable of having real discussions and believe in open debates.

To the same token, this BBS needs those types of people as well. I highly doubt that many people here would agree that you fit that criteria.

Quote:Was there some reason this was posted 3 times in one day? &nbsp;It's funny how I'm the only one on the internet who actually posts about all aspects of Duke University, from academics and finances to football, mens and womens basketball, baseball, and field hockey.

You do post about most aspects of Duke, this is true. However, you negate this by relying on the same stuff in every single post. As per LK's suggestion a long time ago, I too suggest you find something new to say, or find a new place to "post."

By the way... who are you? You never answered BPD's questions, or Nate's.
12-12-2002 11:19 PM
Deep Blue
Unregistered

Actually I've never been in favor of any kind of censorship, even profanity doesn't bother me or coach K or most other Americans. It's pointless to talk about ourselves on anonymous message boards as if anyone should care. I have said I'm a Duke alum fan which may be relevant at times, but discussions should stick to sports.

<!--EDIT|Deep Blue|Dec 13 2002, 04:37 AM-->
12-12-2002 11:30 PM
Advertisement

nate jonesacc
Unregistered

Deep Blue Wrote:Actually I've never been in favor of any kind of censorship, even profanity doesn't bother me or coach K or most other Americans. It's pointless to talk about ourselves on anonymous message boards as if anyone should care. I have said I'm a Duke alum fan which may be relevant at times, but discussions should stick to sports.
Wanna know why I never respond to your "thoughtful discussions"? :rolleyes:

BECAUSE THEY ARE RIDICULOUS!

Comparing Duke basketball to fascism? What the hell are you smoking? "The fist salute" is an analogy for 5 fingers making one hand, and 5 players making one team, you moron. I guess if you knew ANYTHING about how the Duke basketball program is run, you would know that.

Implying that Joe Alleva is a racist because he fired a black coach? LMAO! Is the Michigan State AD a racist for firing his football coach this year? NO!

And how are you going to deny the COUNTLESS times you've spouted off wrong, random facts? Shannon Brown committing to Kentucky, Luol Deng being a Power Forward, etc... and that is only from the few "articles" I've read of your nonsense.

Oh, and don't worry, just because Duke rejected you, and you had to settle for piss poor Boston College... doesn't mean that you have to launch an unwarranted diatribe on me about my academics. To be honest with you, I know for a fact that I will get into Duke.

And... if you are sooo smart and always open to talking... why does everyone on the board hate you? 03-confused 03-confused

I suggest getting a life and getting over your Duke obsession. It's getting you nowhere and it's making you look like a total idiot (which you are).
12-13-2002 08:20 AM
nate jonesacc
Unregistered

You want me to give you and example why you're posts are so ridiculous?

You wanna know if I can prove that Joe Alleva isn't a racist? Or that Coach K isn't a facist dictator?

How about you prove this...

I think you breast fed until you were 27. People who breast feed until they are mature adults usually tend to be more withdrawn from people. That is a scientific fact. You love to post and post without regards to what other people say. Are you withdrawing from people, breast feeder?
12-13-2002 08:24 AM
Big Pimpin Deac
Unregistered

nate jonesacc Wrote:Oh, and don't worry, just because Duke rejected you, and you had to settle for piss poor Boston College...
I think nate just hit the proverbial nail on the proverbial head.
12-13-2002 08:57 AM
Big Pimpin Deac
Unregistered

Deep Blue Wrote:It's funny how I'm the only one on the internet who actually posts about all aspects of Duke University, from academics and finances to football, mens and womens basketball, baseball, and field hockey.
Here, Deep Throat contends that he posts about all aspects of Duke University as to appear like an all-around great poster.
12-13-2002 09:00 AM
Big Pimpin Deac
Unregistered

Deep Blue Wrote:I have said I'm a Duke alum fan which may be relevant at times, but discussions should stick to sports.
Yet here, all discussions should stick to sports because nothing else is relevant. This assclown can't even make it through one thread without contradicting himself.
12-13-2002 09:03 AM
Advertisement

Jenibu
Unregistered

Big Pimpin Deac Wrote:
Deep Blue Wrote:I have said I'm a Duke alum fan which may be relevant at times, but discussions should stick to sports.
Yet here, all discussions should stick to sports because nothing else is relevant. This assclown can't even make it through one thread without contradicting himself.
The trademark hypocrisy strikes again.

But, you can't really blame him. When typing 1,000 word essays, one may tend to forget points he or she originally made. This is one of the sacrifices to the enlightenment that comes with such elongated documents.

Of course, the content of such writings should first be enlightening before these things are even considered.
12-14-2002 06:27 PM
Deep Blue
Unregistered

Obviously academics and finances are very relevant to college sports. Ask Coach G or any of her recruits or K or Will Avery about academics. How much money a school has relates to how much it is willing to spend on sports, Stanford is the wealthiest div.IA school with the most successful overall athletics because it fully funds lots of sports. Duke is tied with SU in usnews rankings, but funds the fewest scholarships in the ACC because it doesn't want to spend much on sports. Of course Duke pays K more than SU paid Montgomery and Willingham combined even though both are clearly superior coaches. Franks is the lowest paid in the ACC, unless he got a big raise in that ridiculous contract extension, Duke obviously needs to pay for a real coach. Anyway, it's pathetic that some care about nameless fans on a message board, trying to shoot the messenger with absurd and clueless personal attacks when they don't like the facts in a debate about sports. This board is for discussing college sports and the schools that play them.
12-15-2002 05:30 PM
Big Pimpin Deac
Unregistered

Deep Blue Wrote:Obviously academics and finances are very relevant to college sports. Ask Coach G or any of her recruits or K or Will Avery about academics. How much money a school has relates to how much it is willing to spend on sports, Stanford is the wealthiest div.IA school with the most successful overall athletics because it fully funds lots of sports. Duke is tied with SU in usnews rankings, but funds the fewest scholarships in the ACC because it doesn't want to spend much on sports. Of course Duke pays K more than SU paid Montgomery and Willingham combined even though both are clearly superior coaches. Franks is the lowest paid in the ACC, unless he got a big raise in that ridiculous contract extension, Duke obviously needs to pay for a real coach. Anyway, it's pathetic that some care about nameless fans on a message board, trying to shoot the messenger with absurd and clueless personal attacks when they don't like the facts in a debate about sports. This board is for discussing college sports and the schools that play them.
Translation:

It's okay to discuss academics and finances when I run out of things to babble about. Any other time, we need to keep the discussion on sports!
12-16-2002 09:25 AM
T-Monay820
Unregistered

Deep Blue Wrote:Obviously academics and finances are very relevant to college sports. &nbsp;Ask Coach G or any of her recruits or K or Will Avery about academics. &nbsp;How much money a school has relates to how much it is willing to spend on sports, Stanford is the wealthiest div.IA school with the most successful overall athletics because it fully funds lots of sports. &nbsp;Duke is tied with SU in usnews rankings, but funds the fewest scholarships in the ACC because it doesn't want to spend much on sports. &nbsp;Of course Duke pays K more than SU paid Montgomery and Willingham combined even though both are clearly superior coaches. &nbsp;Franks is the lowest paid in the ACC, unless he got a big raise in that ridiculous contract extension, Duke obviously needs to pay for a real coach. &nbsp;Anyway, it's pathetic that some care about nameless fans on a message board, trying to shoot the messenger with absurd and clueless personal attacks when they don't like the facts in a debate about sports. &nbsp;This board is for discussing college sports and the schools that play them.
Two words...

Stop your bitching!!!!!!!!!!! All you do is write long ****** posts that have hardly any meaning to them that whine about how Duke athletics uses underhanded tactics to recruit athletes or how horrible decisions by the school officials are, and all the evidence you present is hearsay. Stop complaining and get a life. And while your at it, grow up.
12-19-2002 09:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.