Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Memphus01 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Re: scout state rankings
dscat Wrote:http://recruiting.scout.com/3/2007_StateRankings.html

we did well in georgia, but TN and MS not so much

well, MS only has 30 listed...GA has 75 - -if they cut that list to 30 we would have 0 . . . so I guess its all in how you look at it...

I would feel better if we could nail down a few of those listed on the GA list...like Tukes, Elder and Massaquoi
01-17-2007 01:33 PM
dscat Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
massaquoi
What's the deal with Massaquoi, he's been listed high interest all year, but not much press. Seems like he would be a big pick up at lb
01-17-2007 01:41 PM
Advertisement

tigercc Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

don't we usually have at least a couple out of that top 30 in MS, and maybe even a couple in TN every year. I may be wrong about this, and I hope that I am, but damn, we could really fall on our face with this class.
01-17-2007 01:58 PM
TigerEdward Offline
Poker Stars All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Re: massaquoi
dscat Wrote:What's the deal with Massaquoi, he's been listed high interest all year, but not much press. Seems like he would be a big pick up at lb

The word is grades are the problem with him, hence the lack of offers. More than likely he's JC bound.

I would expect Tukes may visit pretty soon. And Elder is a mystery. Very good prospect, I had heard at one time he was a strong Arkansas lean, but that was several weeks ago and even his status in regards to visits has been quiet. If I'm not mistaken, he played with one of our signees from last year, Winston Bowens and we were in the thick of things. Maybe some of the staff moves threw a wrench in things.
01-17-2007 02:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ChattTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

I posted about these rankings on the main board.

I didn't look at all the states' rankings, but focusing on the south. non-BCS schools at this point are doing terrible as far as commitments in TX, AR, TN, AL, MS, GA, and FL. BCS-bias in the rankings aside, there were less than 15 non-BCS commitments out of those states. And with TX and FL you are talking top 100 lists. Even the flagship isn't getting any TX commitments. Even after thought BCS schools like Vandy and Baylor are getting multiple commitments.

The rich get richer, and rift continues to grow wider.
01-17-2007 07:09 PM
HHammerhead Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Football

Donators

ChattTiger Wrote:I posted about these rankings on the main board.

I didn't look at all the states' rankings, but focusing on the south. non-BCS schools at this point are doing terrible as far as commitments in TX, AR, TN, AL, MS, GA, and FL. BCS-bias in the rankings aside, there were less than 15 non-BCS commitments out of those states. And with TX and FL you are talking top 100 lists. Even the flagship isn't getting any TX commitments. Even after thought BCS schools like Vandy and Baylor are getting multiple commitments.

The rich get richer, and rift continues to grow wider.

Careful there Chicken Little. The sky isn't falling. Those services are set up to serve the programs that bring the most subscribers to them. If the subscriber base comes to Scout or Rivals to track and discuss BCS school recruiting, then Scout and Rivals is going to dedicate their manpower to deliver information about the recruits of those schools. In fact, many of the scouts that are giving talent reports to the services work directly for BCS schools.

Don't be surprised that Memphis, Houston or any other Non-BCS school doesn't show up well with the recruiting services. I'm sure that Boise State hasn't had great showings either.
01-18-2007 07:32 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ChattTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

I realize that is the case, which is why on the other thread I pointed out the BCS bias in those services. But the reality is that not many true 4 or 5 star players are going to fall all the way through the cracks such that they don't end up somewhere on these state lists.

The main point is that the non-BCS schools, going head to head with the BCS schools whose fans fund these sites, are having a hard time getting the players. Seemingly harder than in the past.
01-18-2007 07:39 AM
HHammerhead Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Football

Donators

ChattTiger Wrote:I realize that is the case, which is why on the other thread I pointed out the BCS bias in those services. But the reality is that not many true 4 or 5 star players are going to fall all the way through the cracks such that they don't end up somewhere on these state lists.

The main point is that the non-BCS schools, going head to head with the BCS schools whose fans fund these sites, are having a hard time getting the players. Seemingly harder than in the past.

I know that you've been around long enough to know how the game is played. Scout and Rivals will even go so far as to downplay big non-BCS signings. It's easy to do since the BCS guys are doing the grading.

I honestly don't know what to think of this year's signings vs. past years. College Football is getting bigger and bigger every year, and who knows if that means that smaller schools will rise with the tide, or if the big schools will grow at the expense of smaller schools. Rutgers and South Florida made a splash in 2006 (BCS $$ driven), but Boise State has continued to defy the odds.

Time will tell. I just don't want to see our program get left in the dust. We won't truly know what the effects are until it's too late to do anything about it.
01-18-2007 01:45 PM
phototiger Away
gone

I Root For: quiet

interesting about USF, they really don't seem to have been able to capitalize on their bowl win or their early preseason top 25 ranking for next year.

Their recruiting class, so far, isn't any better than what they got in Confusa. They have one Juco 4/5 star player, a few 3 stars, and the rest two stars. So they are basically still recruiting a an average/above average non-BCS level.
01-18-2007 02:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.