Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Jay Mariotti comments on Jay Will accident
roxborobluedevil Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

<a href='http://www.suntimes.com/output/mariotti/cst-spt-jaywill20.html' target='_blank'>http://www.suntimes.com/output/mariotti/cs...-jaywill20.html</a>

The comments in this article are uncalled for. Jay Mariotti has no heart & I have no respect for him. I encourage everyone to e-mail him & tell him how you feel about this.

jmariotti@suntimes.com
06-26-2003 01:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

nate jonesacc
Unregistered

He heard from me. What a heartless moron. :mad: :mad:
06-27-2003 04:51 PM
Quote this message in a reply
AkronObsessed
Unregistered

"YOU ALSO SUCK ON AROUND THE HORN"

lol :laugh:
06-30-2003 09:50 AM
Advertisement

Terpy
Unregistered

Umm I hate to break it to you guys but there was nothing wrong with that article...In no way did he show a lack of compassion for Jay Williams. The guy is a sports writer, his job is to write about sports, all he did was write about how the injury will have a bad effect on the Chicago Bulls. Nothing pisses me off moire than when sports collumnists try to write something other than sports. Mariotti was probably told by his editor to write a collumn about Jay Williams...being somewhat bitter over the dissapointing season from Williams Mariotti decided to write a negative collumn. There is nothing wrong with what he wrote. He didnt say that Williams deserved it, and he said nothing to that effect. The first amendment gives him the right to write what he wants and IMO there was absolutely nothing wrong with that collumn.
06-30-2003 01:11 PM
roxborobluedevil Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

AkronObsessed Wrote:"YOU ALSO SUCK ON AROUND THE HORN"

lol :laugh:
LOL, too bad he can't be more like Woody Paige, he's da man.
06-30-2003 06:57 PM
Advertisement

roxborobluedevil Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Terpy Wrote:Umm I hate to break it to you guys but there was nothing wrong with that article...In no way did he show a lack of compassion for Jay Williams. The guy is a sports writer, his job is to write about sports, all he did was write about how the injury will have a bad effect on the Chicago Bulls. Nothing pisses me off moire than when sports collumnists try to write something other than sports. Mariotti was probably told by his editor to write a collumn about Jay Williams...being somewhat bitter over the dissapointing season from Williams Mariotti decided to write a negative collumn. There is nothing wrong with what he wrote. He didnt say that Williams deserved it, and he said nothing to that effect. The first amendment gives him the right to write what he wants and IMO there was absolutely nothing wrong with that collumn.
Another thing that really makes me mad is why Mariotti is always putting down people who play sports in Chicago. How does he keep his job? Nobody in Chicago wants to hear him talk about their players. You show no compassion either. How would your feelings be if something like this happened to someone like Juan Dixon & he had this to say about him?
06-30-2003 06:59 PM
Terpy
Unregistered

Of course I would feel bad for Juan but I would also feel that he was an idiot for getting on the damn bike.
06-30-2003 09:10 PM
Advertisement

Terpy
Unregistered

I'll tell you exactly how he keeps his job. Whoever owns the news paper doesnt care at all whether or not Mariotti writes positive or negative stuff about the teams because they know that people are going to read it anyways. People will say stuff like "Did you read that Mariotti artilce today? that guy really pisses me off" but they still read the article so it doesnt matter if they like it or not. There are alot of respected collumnists who write good encouraging articles but there are others, who are equally respected but write nothing but negative stuff about the team they cover. It doesnt matter at all to the papers cause people will read it and buy the paper anyways. I hate the sports collumnist for the Baltimore Sun but I still read his crap every day. It doesnt matter one bit as long as it sells.
06-30-2003 09:16 PM
Terpy
Unregistered

BTW you guys are doing nothing but supporting him by sending hate mail...the media loves hate mail justs as much as it does fan mail, cause they know people are reading.
06-30-2003 09:19 PM
nate jonesacc
Unregistered

If Jay Mariotti wants to make an *** of himself publicly to sell papers, let him. That's pathetic and ego-driven.

He said nothing WRONG. The WAY and the TIME he did it show what an as-shole he is and how he doesn't care about Jay Williams. Bringing up his "trade value" the day after his career might have ended is sick to say the least.
06-30-2003 09:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.