Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Maryland needs to beat FSU this year
Bookmark and Share
Terpy
Unregistered

I think we may have been able to beat them last year but we played them too early in the season and we didnt quite know what we were doing yet. Anyways I think we NEED to beat them this year to prove that we belong with the big dogs in collge football. IMO its the one thing that is stopping us from becoming a truly elite team. Also we had better beat the big dog in the conference before Miami and VT get here. :eek: :laugh: :eek: :eek:
07-11-2003 12:13 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MsNole
Unregistered

A team becomes a BIG DOG by playing Notre Dame, Miami, Michigan, Ohio State, Florida, Georgia, etc., etc., etc. Scheduling cupcakes only hurts your team.
07-13-2003 12:40 PM
Terpy
Unregistered

Congratulations :rolleyes: I knew exactly what my response would be before I read your post. And it didnt suprise me. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Come back when you play a real basketball schedule. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
07-13-2003 07:03 PM
DamascusTerp2
Unregistered

MsNole Wrote:A team becomes a BIG DOG by playing Notre Dame, Miami, Michigan, Ohio State, Florida, Georgia, etc., etc., etc. Scheduling cupcakes only hurts your team.
take a look at FSU sked when Bobby B first arrived...some patsies on there and the Noles seem to have turned out alright...
07-13-2003 07:14 PM
MsNole
Unregistered

And look at our schedule now --- Colorado, Notre Dame, Florida and Miami for OOCs. Look at who FSU played in the 80s and 90s to become a BIG DOG!!!!!!!!
07-13-2003 08:37 PM
MsNole
Unregistered

Terpy Wrote:Congratulations :rolleyes: I knew exactly what my response would be before I read your post.  And it didnt suprise me. :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

Come back when you play a real basketball schedule. :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:
And I thought you were talking football, dear! Will Maryland ever have a decent baseball team???

By the way, FSU was #1 in recruiting in basketball this past spring. :D And we play you, so you're telling me Maryland isn't a decent team to schedule. lol

Let the smack wars begin!!! hahahaha
07-13-2003 08:43 PM
Advertisement

DamascusTerp2
Unregistered

MsNole Wrote:And look at our schedule now --- Colorado, Notre Dame, Florida and Miami for OOCs. Look at who FSU played in the 80s and 90s to become a BIG DOG!!!!!!!!
you missed the point...Ralph can't just come right in and change the sked...these things are set years in advance...give him a couple years to upgrade the sked, then act like the know-it-all...
07-13-2003 10:19 PM
DamascusTerp2
Unregistered

MsNole Wrote:Will Maryland ever have a decent baseball team???
yes...when they are fully funded...kind of at a disadvantage right now...
07-13-2003 10:20 PM
Terpy
Unregistered

[quote="MsNole"] [quote="Terpy"] Congratulations :rolleyes: I knew exactly what my response would be before I read your post.
07-14-2003 12:10 AM
NCAAFBFAN Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Terpy just curious about your post as to why you feel the need to beat FSU to be considered an elite team?
I mean its possible you can beat FSU but lose to say someone like Duke all in the same season. I know its hard to believe but something like that can happen. Go to a bowl game and get beat, another thing thats possible
It will take alot more then beating FSU to become a top team in the country and with the expansion starting next year it will become even harder (Miami is my other team)
FWIW, I think you have to beat every team on your schedule year in and year out, not necessarily go undefeated although it would help, but again it will take alot more than the need to beat FSU to become an elite team.
07-14-2003 04:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gmaniac1
Unregistered

[quote="MsNole"] [quote="Terpy"] Congratulations :rolleyes: I knew exactly what my response would be before I read your post.
07-15-2003 11:05 AM
Advertisement

gmaniac1
Unregistered

[quote="Terpy"] [quote="MsNole"] [quote="Terpy"] Congratulations :rolleyes: I knew exactly what my response would be before I read your post.
07-15-2003 11:06 AM
gmaniac1
Unregistered

NCAAFBFAN Wrote:Terpy just curious about your post as to why you feel the need to beat FSU to be considered an elite team?
I mean its possible you can beat FSU but lose to say someone like Duke all in the same season. I know its hard to believe but something like that can happen. Go to a bowl game and get beat, another thing thats possible
It will take alot more then beating FSU to become a top team in the country and with the expansion starting next year it will become even harder (Miami is my other team)
FWIW, I think you have to beat every team on your schedule year in and year out, not necessarily go undefeated although it would help, but again it will take alot more than the need to beat FSU to become an elite team.
agreed but, FSU is the measure of success regardless... just look what it did for UVA and they haven't truly done squat considering all the talent they've possessed... also, NC State got a real nice bowl pick just for beating FSU... I guess Maryland beating Tenn in the Peach Bowl doesn't give the Terps their due... and, Maryland actually had more players injured, during that game, than the Vols

The fact is, Maryland never has and never will get respect from the southern based teams, regardless of championship stature.
07-15-2003 11:12 AM
gmaniac1
Unregistered

07-15-2003 11:16 AM
Terpy
Unregistered

gmaniac1 Wrote:Also I never said anything about recruiting...
terpy, totally agree but, be a little classier and watch the name callin'... you made a vaild point w/o the "stupid" comment 03-wink [/quote]
Im sorry if it read that way but I wasnt really calling her stupid I was just using an expression. Im sorry Ms Nole if you thought I was calling you stupid.
07-15-2003 12:47 PM
MsNole
Unregistered

Terpy Wrote:[QUOTE=Terpy,Jul 13 2003, 08:09 PM]
umm obviously I was talking about OOC schedule...and as far as baseball...name a team on the east coast North of Maryland that is a baseball powerhouse...its the climate stupid its really hard to play baseball this far north so early

Also I never said anything about recruiting...
Geez, I was only trying to having a little fun with ya, after all, just like you said, you already knew what my response would be.

And just in case you are interested, I was born in Bethesda Naval Hospital eons ago and also lived in Rockville when I was 5; Bainbridge from 8 to 10 and Silver Spring from 11 to 18 graduating from Wheaton High School. Therefore, I don't hate Maryland and congratulate you on wanting to be like FSU - a BIG DOG!!!
07-16-2003 04:39 PM
Advertisement

gmaniac1
Unregistered

Terpy Wrote:
gmaniac1,Jul 15 2003, 12:12 PM Wrote:Also I never said anything about recruiting...
terpy, totally agree but, be a little classier and watch the name callin'... you made a vaild point w/o the "stupid" comment 03-wink
Im sorry if it read that way but I wasnt really calling her stupid I was just using an expression. Im sorry Ms Nole if you thought I was calling you stupid. [/quote]
No biggie, my mistake and I apologize for calling you out on that inadvertently.

Now, back to business, GO TERPS! Beat F$U!!
07-16-2003 07:41 PM
Terpy
Unregistered

MsNole Wrote:Geez, I was only trying to having a little fun with ya, after all, just like you said, you already knew what my response would be.

And just in case you are interested, I was born in Bethesda Naval Hospital eons ago and also lived in Rockville when I was 5; Bainbridge from 8 to 10 and Silver Spring from 11 to 18 graduating from Wheaton High School. Therefore, I don't hate Maryland and congratulate you on wanting to be like FSU - a BIG DOG!!!
Thanks Ms Nole, Your right, we do want to be a bid dog and as much as it pains me to admit it FSU is the big dog we want to be. What really gets my goat more than anything right now is how Virginia and NC State have somehow jumped Maryland in the ACC as far as expectations are concerned on a national perspective and I dont really understand exactly how that happened. Yes, UVA whooped us pretty good last year but we in turn beat NC State. I dont see how those two programs get ahead of us, of course all 3 are still chasing FSU. NC State has been consistently building a good program for a couple of years now but Virginia on the other hand seemed to come out of nowhere last year and all of a sudden they get more respect than Maryland. It just dont seem right to me.
07-16-2003 11:09 PM
MsNole
Unregistered

Virginia got an NFL coach and NC State got Chuck Amato from FSU. Chuck had been with Bobby & FSU for at least 15 years - it might be longer, I'm not sure right now.

Maryland has a GREAT coach. Once you start playing some bigger name teams, you, too, will get the recognition that you desire and deserve.

And who knows, maybe by the time that Miami and VTech play in the ACC, you'll be able to beat them too!!! :D
07-17-2003 07:47 AM
gmaniac1
Unregistered

MsNole Wrote:Virginia got an NFL coach and NC State got Chuck Amato from FSU. Chuck had been with Bobby & FSU for at least 15 years - it might be longer, I'm not sure right now.

Maryland has a GREAT coach. Once you start playing some bigger name teams, you, too, will get the recognition that you desire and deserve.

And who knows, maybe by the time that Miami and VTech play in the ACC, you'll be able to beat them too!!! :D
MsNole, you're missing the point... Maryland already deserves recognition, regardless of previously planned scheduling! Not that whooping up on Tennessee holds any merit. :rolleyes:
07-17-2003 03:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.