was sitting pretty on cloud nine,
looking incredibly well.

I nudged Jesus, "What's the deal?
I would love to hear Your take.
How'd all these sinners get up here?
God must've made a mistake.

And why's everyone so quiet, so somber?
Give me a clue."
"Hush, child," said He. "They're all in shock.
No one thought they'd see you."

Judge NOT...

~Be kind. We're all in this together.~
05-15-2006 03:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

tigergreen Offline

I Root For: MEMPHIS

thanks for sharing, kitten! that's something we all need to remember...judging someone is just as bad as the things the person being judged has done.
05-15-2006 03:31 PM
ncrdbl1 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

"Judge not lest ye be judge" and "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" are two of the most common misapplied passages from the Bible. Both apply to past activities of those who have repented and turned away from their old life style. Yet too many people try to use them to justify their continuous non repentive behavior. Do not accept the premise that either of these passages mandate that the believer should not challenge sinful acts.
05-20-2006 02:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MemphisKitten Offline
The Kitten

I Root For: Tigers & Jeter

ncrdbl1 Wrote:"Judge not lest ye be judge" and "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" are two of the most common misapplied passages from the Bible. Both apply to past activities of those who have repented and turned away from their old life style. Yet too many people try to use them to justify their continuous non repentive behavior. Do not accept the premise that either of these passages mandate that the believer should not challenge sinful acts.

There is a difference between challenging sinful acts and judging a person... Too often this is confused....
05-22-2006 08:32 AM
tigerkeep Offline
Blue Poobah

I Root For: memphis tigers

"some people like the taste of smoky wiskey,
and others think that tea is too strong."
one person's sinful ways is another person's innocent, simple joy.
when you go around judging sinful ways, don't forget the terrible sin of greed. your preacher is a sinner when he gasses up his imported suv and shakes his head in scorn at the terrible seedy looking man who is walking by because he dosen't have bus fare to work. sin is in the eye of the beholder, and there is always Someone who is watching you.
05-23-2006 06:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.