Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

@ UVA
tarheelsben1
Unregistered

so we have a big-time game tonight! ironically against the school who's hospital i was born in... :rolleyes:

and sadly i have a lab tonight at 9pm, so i'll only be able to catch the beginning of the game :bang:

i say we start a streak here at the end of the season, and get the good vibes flowing into the tournament season!

GO HEELS!!
02-24-2004 04:53 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

jrhessey Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cleveland
SkunkworksNCAAbbs LUG

Big game... definately!! I hope we don't under estimate these guys at home! They're dangerous! Hopefully we can put a little run together! Maybe have our defense show up tonight too...
02-24-2004 05:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
heelsfan10 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

I definitely agree that we cannot afford to under estimate UVA's talent, but I think we have a really good chance. Our guys are aware of what they have to do to seal a tournament spot, so I look for them to come out tonight fired up. It should be an exciting game in the first half, but if we show up to play we should win by double figures. GO HEELS!!!
02-24-2004 05:50 PM
JD Heel
Unregistered

Be wary of us getting up big early. I think we've shown that we can build a first-half lead... only to have it blow up in our face in the second half.

I'd almost rather see us playing a close game throughout the first half. That's kinda how the first game against UVa was, and we ended up pulling away in the second half in that one (although the crowd helped out a lot with that).

-JD
02-24-2004 06:09 PM
T-Monay820
Unregistered

UVA up 2 with about 13 seconds left.
02-24-2004 10:09 PM
Advertisement

tarheelsben1
Unregistered

like i said, i missed everything except the first 10 minutes... but, as always adam lucas does an amazing job of painting a picture of how the game went, <a href='http://tarheelblue.ocsn.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/022404aad.html' target='_blank'>linkage</a>.

i really do not understand how we can blow so many second half leads. and is it just me or have we been having an insane amount of fouls called against us lately?

oh well, we can't dwell on this loss, just learn from our mistakes(again :rolleyes: ) and get ready for our game sunday at State
02-25-2004 06:51 AM
jrhessey Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cleveland
SkunkworksNCAAbbs LUG

Part of me wants to go to the big dance and the other part of me doesn't want to go to the big dance. I think if they don't it'll make them a better team. It'll make them think about all of the games they should have won that could have given them the ticket. I think if we make it this year, they won't see into the losses that really hurt them this year. I just think this team has a chance to be very dominant, and giving them the bid would only hinder that progress...

I had a gut feeling it was over listening to the radio and hearing the announcer say, "The heels have to play defense for 23 seconds." Our defense hasn't been there when we've needed it all season.

I would much rather have this team thinking about what could have been if they'd only dug down a little deeper A NUMBER of thimes this season!

Congrats to Virgina, they did what they needed to do to get the W.
02-25-2004 08:43 AM
JD Heel
Unregistered

I know what you're sayin' jr, but I think this team needs that confidence boost of making the tourney. They haven't made it the past two years... and it shows. They don't play like they think they will win. Whenever thinks start to fall apart, the entire team panics. The home crowd has pulled us out in some games, and we got lucky in the game at Wake (we weren't facing the same Wake team that's playing with confidence nowadays -- they had problems of their own back then).

I just have this feeling in the back of my mind that at some point the Heels are gonna pull out a big, unexpected win -- and that will give them the confidence boost they need to be the team we all think they can be. We have a great opportunity coming up on Sunday in Raleigh. Nobody has won at the RBC Center this year, and that's just the kind of challenge that can salvage our season.

-JD
02-25-2004 10:07 AM
heelsfan10 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

I agree that in a way we might be better off not going to the dance, but there is still a lot of season left with the acc tourney and the big dance if we make it. Sure we aren't playing good right now, but we've all seen it before when a good team becomes a great team around tournament time. I think if things start falling our way, and we peak at the right time that we still have a potential Final Four team. I know right now it looks like a long shot, but that's what makes the post season so great.

Right now is a gut-check for these guys, and if they pull together now and realize they can still end this season on a high note, then look out Heels fans. If not, then it's goin to be another long off season, not only for them but also for us UNC faithful. I know how I felt last year when the season was over and I'm sure you all agree with me that we don't wanna go through that again. I still have a good feeling that the Heels are goin to do somethin big this year. GO HEELS!!
02-25-2004 11:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.