Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

How/when did you become a UNC fan?
JD Heel
Unregistered

For me, I'm truly a "Tar Heel born and bred." My dad grew up a Carolina fan, as did my mom -- even though neither of them went there.

My dad ended up going to Appalachian State because he couldn't really afford to go to UNC and he wanted to be a teacher. My mom went to a couple of private schools in Raleigh and dated (and later married) a State student. She got so sick of hanging out at State frat parties with her husband that she ended up divorcing him (well, that was only part of the reason). My dad was also previously married. I like to think that they both divorced their first spouses and married each other because of UNC. And, thus, UNC is the reason I'm here. :D

-JD
05-20-2004 09:19 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

tarheelsben1
Unregistered

i can't really explain how i became a unc fan. neither of my parents really care about sports, they only watch because i'm into it so much. but for as long as i can remember i have loved unc. it probably has something to do with me always loving Michael Jordan, but I don't remember thinking that as a lil guy, haha.

i tried to get into UNC, but being from out of state, really did not help. they did not have the programs im into anyway, i would've just been goin there for sports 03-razz

so im definitely not a tar heel born or bred, but i would definitely love to move to North carolina some day, and hopefully show my children the light side :D

**edit, "get into UNC" means be accepted into the school.
05-20-2004 10:26 AM
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.