Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Football Recruiting
Bookmark and Share
Tigerx3 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Football Recruiting
After QB Smelly verballed to South Carolina, Rivals has two 3 star QBs left on our page.
Andy Dalton from Katy TX and Emanuel Francis from Tal. Florida

A recent add was Terry Grant a 4 star RB from Lumberton MS

There are three 3 star DLs on the list and a host of talent from GA. Whoever is hitting that state is doing a good job. I know it has been fertile for us in the past.

Any other news? I know the dead period starts Sunday.
12-14-2005 04:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

RCM1029 Away
Hall of Famer

Re: Football Recruiting
Tigerx3 Wrote:After QB Smelly verballed to South Carolina, Rivals has two 3 star QBs left on our page.
Andy Dalton from Katy TX and Emanuel Francis from Tal. Florida

A recent add was Terry Grant a 4 star RB from Lumberton MS

There are three 3 star DLs on the list and a host of talent from GA. Whoever is hitting that state is doing a good job. I know it has been fertile for us in the past.

Any other news? I know the dead period starts Sunday.

You can strike Dalton from that list...he's committed to TCU.

RM
12-14-2005 04:42 PM
RADFORD Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Phil Fulmer was in Huntingdon yesterday. I'm told he ate lunch with Chris Donald. That's illegal if it's true. Donald is only a Jr and can't have contact with coaches yet.
12-14-2005 11:19 PM
Advertisement

tigerjeb Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

CrappiesDonatorsMemphis Hall of Fame

no real news

there were only a handful of guys locally the staff was going to offer this year and with only 10-15 available scholorships they will be picky.

things will be fine, just dont expect a huge monster signing class because thats not the plan for this year
12-14-2005 11:26 PM
k_tiger Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Grant would be a longshot at best. He's dying to go to FSU.
12-15-2005 12:26 AM
Advertisement

TigersRuleAll Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

The other 3 star qb is Matt Malouf from Oxford, MS. We've got a real shot at him because he wants to play qb, period...Ole Miss is not guaranteeing him he'll stay at qb.
12-15-2005 12:45 AM
MemTGRS Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers!

TigersRuleAll Wrote:The other 3 star qb is Matt Malouf from Oxford, MS. We've got a real shot at him because he wants to play qb, period...Ole Miss is not guaranteeing him he'll stay at qb.

In addition, the Rebels already have two QB commitments who are both decently thought of. One from Cali, the other from Texas. In addition, supposedly Orgeron is pushing with all his might for Brent Scheaffer (sp?) who played at a JC in Cali this fall.

So with the above, I'd say YES, we should have a decent shot at young Mr. Malouf.
12-15-2005 08:34 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TigerEdward Offline
Poker Stars All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Malouf
I agree we have a good shot at Malouf. However, Alabama has been on him for a while too. They haven't offered because they were waiting on top signal caller Tebow. Now that Tebow has committed to Florida and the top QB in Alabama has committed to South Carolina, I worry that Shula might turn the full court press on. I really hope we get this kid. He has a strong arm, good size, good speed, and his team ran a spread offense similiar to ours.

Another side note. A kid name Tod Pendland is a running back out of Texas the Tigers had been recruiting. In his last interview, he said he hadn't heard from the Tigers in a while. He said he knew the Tigers were in on a couple of other running backs and assumes they got one. I'm guessing he means a commitment. I just wonder what two he's talking about. I think landing Terry Grant would be big time. 04-rock
12-15-2005 09:53 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ballhog Offline
All American

tigerjeb Wrote:no real news

there were only a handful of guys locally the staff was going to offer this year and with only 10-15 available scholorships they will be picky.

things will be fine, just dont expect a huge monster signing class because thats not the plan for this year

With the transfers we have coming in we don't need a monster signing class to make it successful.
12-15-2005 10:06 AM
MemphisMojo Offline
All American

I Root For: Democrats

ballhog Wrote:
tigerjeb Wrote:no real news

With the transfers we have coming in we don't need a monster signing class to make it successful.

We need lots of help and we better get busy. We need to sign plenty of DBs and LBs
12-15-2005 01:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.