Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New football unis
JD Heel
Unregistered

[Image: 0804-th-monthly-cover.jpg]

I know that's a small picture, but it shows some of the subtle changes in this year's jersey. That half-stripe on the sleeve is gone this year... and the numbers have been moved down from the shoulder to the arm. Also, there is a simple white band at the bottom of the sleeve.

Haven't seen any picture of the pants yet, but the rumors floating around say that we won't have the stripe going down the sides -- only an interlocking NC on one hip and a Nike swoosh on the other.

Thoughts?

-JD
07-28-2004 09:17 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

tarheelsben1
Unregistered

They definitely look more old school, I don't really like them.
07-28-2004 09:21 AM
JD Heel
Unregistered

Here's the Eastbay "replica" version of the jersey. Of course it's not exact, but it's pretty close:

[Image: 15304225_l.jpg]

I'm not sure what to think. I'm glad that silly stripe finally came off the sleeve. I think I like the numbers up the shoulders, though. I'll wait to see how it looks before I pass judgment on that.

I'll also have to wait to pass judgment on the pants. I've always liked the stripe going down the side, but I mainly think that looks good on the blue pants. Apparently, we aren't even going to have blue pants this year. (That's probably because we've only worn them in the mismatched "all-blue" look since Bunting became coach.)

The only thing that will probably bother me is the helmet. The darker helmet we've gone with the past two years comes nowhere close to matching the jerseys, or resembling Carolina blue. They need to lighten it to match the rest of the jersey.

-JD
07-28-2004 09:33 AM
The Bomber
Unregistered

They can wear Carolina blue thongs and ballet slippers for all I care. I just want them to win some games!!!!! 03-wink
07-28-2004 11:38 AM
JD Heel
Unregistered

The Bomber Wrote:They can wear Carolina blue thongs and ballet slippers for all I care. I just want them to win some games!!!!! 03-wink
Just to be safe, we'll save that outfit for the cheerleaders.

-JD
07-28-2004 11:57 AM
Advertisement

The Bomber
Unregistered

Good plan, but don't forget the dance team! 03-wink
07-28-2004 07:48 PM
JD Heel
Unregistered

Here are some pictures from media day, sans pads (courtesy of IC):

[Image: 1.JPG]

[Image: 4.JPG]

[Image: 5.JPG]

[Image: 7.JPG]

[Image: 9.JPG]

I'm torn about these. I think they'll look good, but I still like some kind of stripe on the pants (although not one as big as what we had on there last year). We'll see how they look in action.

-JD
08-11-2004 09:20 AM
The Bomber
Unregistered

Is that Tom Hanks in the next to the last picture? 03-wink
08-11-2004 06:14 PM
The Bomber
Unregistered

oops! nm!
08-11-2004 06:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.