Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Ramar Smith
Bookmark and Share
Easterwood Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS

He was CDR's AAU teammate, a tough combo guard, top 20 in america, has family in the great state of Tenn., has played against WK and PN since he was 11, look for the Tigers to be involved.

Willis should announce for Memphis any day now.

On a related note, 6'9" 9th grader Renardo Sydney has been ruled ineligible in Miss. by the state association. He's supposed to be the "next" great one.
10-27-2005 10:07 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TigerTodd72 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis

Wow Keith, sounds promising. Any chance he de-committed with another school (i.e. Memphis) in mind? Or is he just looking to further test the waters?

BTW: The more I read about Willis, the more I like him. Sounds like a 2005 version of Rodney Monroe (of N.C. State fame). We need a dead-eye!
10-27-2005 10:31 AM
HoopDreams Offline
Better Than Diamond Rings

I Root For: EXPECTATIONS

Willis would take us to 4 and staff said 6-7, so there should be at least another WF or BF/C in the class based on the amount of G's we already have........

unless we back off of Willis per Weinburger......
10-27-2005 10:39 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AtlantaDave Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Memphis

Wow! 04-rock 04-rock
10-27-2005 10:41 AM
tigers1985 Offline
Spectacular

I Root For: Tigers
DonatorsDonators

Way to go Ramar!!! Let's get him in for a visit!
10-27-2005 10:56 AM
Advertisement

mphsfan Offline
Unapologetic Supporter

I Root For: Memphis &

DonatorsDonatorsDonators

Easterwood Wrote:On a related note, 6'9" 9th grader Renardo Sydney has been ruled ineligible in Miss. by the state association. He's supposed to be the "next" great one.
Do you know why he is ruled ineligible? Where is MS does he live?
10-27-2005 11:09 AM
Easterwood Offline
Hall of Famer

Jackson. It's a residency issue.
10-27-2005 12:02 PM
tiger-tug Offline
All American

HoopDreams Wrote:Willis would take us to 4 and staff said 6-7, so there should be at least another WF or BF/C in the class based on the amount of G's we already have........

HoopDreams!!

Please don't repeat anything that Jeff Weinberger said. He is an idiot. He has NO connection or relationship with anyone remotely involved in Tiger basketball. He is just a loud-mouth buffoon.

Be patient on the Tyler Smith deal. The necessary heat is being applied. He doesn't appear to be ready to make a move until spring. There is no rush.
10-27-2005 02:34 PM
Ant360x Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

tiger-tug Wrote:
HoopDreams Wrote:Willis would take us to 4 and staff said 6-7, so there should be at least another WF or BF/C in the class based on the amount of G's we already have........

HoopDreams!!

Please don't repeat anything that Jeff Weinberger said. He is an idiot. He has NO connection or relationship with anyone remotely involved in Tiger basketball. He is just a loud-mouth buffoon.

Be patient on the Tyler Smith deal. The necessary heat is being applied. He doesn't appear to be ready to make a move until spring. There is no rush.
Exactly. I just hate that he's mastered the art of saying the dumbest junk possible JUST to get a response. The things said about Keith yesterday kinda pizzed me off. He has NO contacts and no sources, yet he makes these wild claims about recruitment that are proven wrong 90% of the time and encourages people not to pay attention to Keith. I guess it's all business, but still...

How in the blue fire of hell can you make a statement like...

"I can't think of the Kid's name... uhhh... I don't know his name, but he's going to commit to Memphis if the Tigers don't pull the offer. What's the kid's name?"

Exact words. Now if you don't know his name, how in the h#ll do you know where he's going to school? Seriously... I think he simply repeats what keith Says or reads the stuff on this board and acts like he's breaking news.
10-27-2005 02:43 PM
Advertisement

Easterwood Offline
Hall of Famer

1 afternoon at WHBQ Winebuger had secretly taped, lied and distorted some facts about god knows what, anyway, he criticized me in a sneaky way, the next day as I was going off the air and he was going on I'm told him if he did it again I'd whip his ass, for the next month he literally hid in the bathroom until I had exited the booth and the building.
10-27-2005 03:25 PM
tiger-tug Offline
All American

Easterwood Wrote:1 afternoon at WHBQ Winebuger had secretly taped, lied and distorted some facts about god knows what, anyway, he criticized me in a sneaky way, the next day as I was going off the air and he was going on I'm told him if he did it again I'd whip his ass, for the next month he literally hid in the bathroom until I had exited the booth and the building.
Keith,

Too bad that he didn't flush his anorexic looking a.. down the toilet, while he was hiding out.
10-27-2005 03:30 PM
Easterwood Offline
Hall of Famer

Winehead gets most if not all of his Tiger info from one person, the same guy used to call me and try to give me bogus info, I haven't heard from him in awhile. His info is just as bad as Jeff's.
10-27-2005 03:32 PM
ChristianTiger Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

About 11 years ago, a couple of buddies and I were listening to his show and I called in to ask a recruiting question. I told him I had heard of a hoops player in Florida we were heavily in on. I gave a bogus name (actually the name of my buddy sitting next to me who happened to be visiting from Arkansas) and JW said he had heard of him but did not know a lot about him. We have gotten a kick out of that ever since.
10-27-2005 03:44 PM
Advertisement

Easterwood Offline
Hall of Famer

I know people have done the exact same, he's always replied that he had seen them or seen film of them.

In 21 years I've only had 1 person film on a kid, Billy Buford's son actually.
10-27-2005 03:55 PM
IdahoTiger Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

According to the Detroit Free Press, Ramar Smith left South Kent Prep in September and returned to Detroit King High School. Is Michigan State still recruiting Smith heavily, Keith? Who else might be competitors for him?

<a href='http://www.freep.com/sports/preps/prepticker23e_20050923.htm' target='_blank'>Ramar Smith News</a>
10-27-2005 05:05 PM
Ant360x Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Easterwood Wrote:I know people have done the exact same, he's always replied that he had seen them or seen film of them.

In 21 years I've only had 1 person film on a kid, Billy Buford's son actually.
Yea, he does the same time during NBA draft time. He bashes specific foreign players, then says how he's actually seen footage of these guys. I'm talking players that Websites can barely get a photo of, Jeff has seen tape on them. How?? And when it comes to College basketball, he goes out and gets a copy of "Street & Smiths", quotes information from it and pretends that he "Knows" all of this.

I just have one question... How is this guy still on the air every day? I mean... I don't get it. Is this some kinda... joke? How do you get away with such fraud.

I guess because people like me listen to the junk. Shh... That can be fixed.
10-28-2005 12:56 PM
Easterwood Offline
Hall of Famer

I'm betting alot of schools have or will inquire, he's that good, almost unstoppable on the summer circuit.

I'm checking.
10-28-2005 01:52 PM
Advertisement

ChattTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

never mind, I saw the post on the other thread.
10-28-2005 02:57 PM
MemphisTigerPawr Offline
Jesus is the risen LORD and Savior

I Root For: TIGERS

Donators

Whats up with Ramar Smith and his decision making? Is it another case of the TY hangers on getting the cart before the horse? CDR looks to be the real deal to me. I like the way RS thinks about defense. Defense leads to offense every time. 04-rock I could care less about JW
10-29-2005 10:25 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.