Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Why ETSU is not in a different league than KSU
Bookmark and Share
Nick M Offline
1st String

I Root For: Kennesaw State
DonatorsDonators
Why ETSU is not in a different league than KSU
ETSU will get swept by KSU before we are off probation. They are not the top eschelon team they think they are. It's not a wonder why we're having such success that unfortunately is not being shared by UNF. We have the program, the talent pool and the previous success to run circles around ETSU in a few years. To think this conference is going to be ran by ETSU is absolutely absurd. We ran over D-II schools with strong programs and small budgets.

We didn't feel like we belonged in D-II when we won 3 national championships in 1 year. Kennesaw's strength is ETSU's weaknesses. They have no proximity to a large economic hub, their team has struggled against us twice and we're mid-pack of the conference, and they have failed in bringing this conference to a bigger level. They can't beat the sub-100's let alone even hang with them even with the prolonged D-I status.

Just wait until this is Kennesaw's conference ETSU, we'll smile graciously as we pass you on the ladder of success.
02-22-2007 10:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators

Ok but first win games in the NCAA tournament, and get ranked in the top 10 in the nation. If you can do that ill kiss your rear as you pass us on the ladder of success.

PS..why all the hatred? Oh well, see you in the ASUN tourney...OH WAIT. Nevermind.
02-22-2007 01:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JC rugger Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Nick M- What's all the Hate with ETSU. I didn't care for KSU. But I think both programs have bought alot to the A-Sun in terms of excitment and a new rivarly. Is the reason your not showing us love is that your season is over after this week or is it that KSU still has two years of probation. and can't have a chance to good dancing or to the NIT.
02-22-2007 02:21 PM
Nick M Offline
1st String

DonatorsDonators

I love the new rivalry and it sure beats the old UNF/KSU one in the peach belt but I'm tired of the crap the ETSU fans put out there like the rest of the schools in the conference are inferior. They're no better than we are. Sure, hate on us that we're improving our school and battling through a horrible 4 year probationary status, but it's not because we're a lesser school.

The two games you played us this year in basketball we dropped the ball and to say otherwise is stupid. A few seasons from now, the experience is going to catch up and you guys will either be forced to step up and compete or dwindle in the ranks. KSU will lead this conference where it needs to go, not ETSU.

I don't hate ETSU, it's just a rivalry and I want to win against your school moreso than any other school right now. That's what a rivalry is.
02-22-2007 03:32 PM
kr983 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

I agree with nick... I do not think the a-sun has a team that I would like KSU to beat more... I cannot wait for next season!!! I am looking forward to seeing how we will replace Ingle at point.... I think we need some more composure at the position.
02-22-2007 04:57 PM
BUCHOOPS Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Guess you will need to wait til next year to see, SINCE WE BEAT YOU GUYS TWICE! NUFF SAID! Games were close this year, but who walked aways with the W! I cant wait till next year because all our new young guys are going to be even more improved NICKY! Although I enjoy watching ETSU vs. KSU. I am also very impressed with Wooten's leaping ability. Maybe REED will toss Wooten's shot attempts next year!
02-22-2007 05:35 PM
Advertisement

ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

Donators

OK..not every ETSU fan thinks we are way better and way beyond the rest of the league. Just like I doubt every single KSU fan believes KSU will dominate this league soon.

I dont like KSU...I'm glad we have started a new rivalry. Its nice to able to look forward to playing a certain opponent again. We havent had that lately since we joined the ASUN.
02-22-2007 06:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

Donators

One other thing...

Quote:They have no proximity to a large economic hub

What good does that do KSU. You aveage about 800 fans a game. Pitiful.
02-22-2007 06:49 PM
BucinBama Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ETSU, UT
RE:
I guess that makes it easier for all the KSU grads to go to the Georgia and Georgia Tech games.
02-22-2007 09:24 PM
Nick M Offline
1st String

DonatorsDonators

When our Athletic Staff becomes competent, it'll make a world of difference. Perhaps being the only show in town is good, but no room for growth and expansion.

I know a lot has to do with the future but near future is the key.

Congrats on your season ETSU. I hope you go to final four which would help all of our teams. I don't think you're good enough but hey, sometimes the planets align.
02-22-2007 10:54 PM
Ninerballin Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers

Nick M Wrote:When our Athletic Staff becomes competent, it'll make a world of difference. Perhaps being the only show in town is good, but no room for growth and expansion.

I know a lot has to do with the future but near future is the key.

Congrats on your season ETSU. I hope you go to final four which would help all of our teams. I don't think you're good enough but hey, sometimes the planets align.

Hold on there buddy, ETSU first has to win the ASUN Tourney. They have won a lot of close games this year, and if the ball bounces the other way in the tourney, then they will be heading to the NIT. I know they beat GW by a total of 5 points combined for both games and the ETSU Lipscomb games have been tough as well as the KSU ETSU Games. Belmont and ETSU went to OT in both games with each pulling wins on the road.

I still think Belmont is going to win the tourney.
02-23-2007 04:23 AM
Advertisement

Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

I Root For: ETSU/Mid Majors

You beat d2 schools? GREAT! We've played d2's as exhibitions and beat their brains in for years! You guys have to be kidding me, let's go with a point system.

Fan base: ETSU yep, Kennesaw: still trying to get recognition over Valdosta and UWG.

Student support: ETSU: yep, as evidenced in how many traveled through bad weather to kennesaw.... Kennesaw: nope, the empty block of seats behind the KSU bench proves that everytime you're in Johnson City.

Conference titles? We just ordered another banner. You've yet to play in the postseason.

Now I'll be the first one to say we're not where we once were, but I can promise you that Kennesaw isn't going to sweep us anytime soon, not unless Dequan Twilley, Courtney Pigram, Mike Smith, Micah Williams and Blake Mishler ALL TRANSFER. Sure you might get a win here and there, but that's it.
Oh, and how do you replace Golden? Tell another one of the Ingle's to have another kid, that's about the only thing that family is any good at.
02-23-2007 12:37 PM
Collinr01 Offline
Bench Warmer

We won't sweep you anytime soon? We almost beat you with our predominately freshman team! Golden will be replaced with a point who can actually shoot AND pass no problem. Conference Titles? we are so new to d1 we aren't even eligble yet we could still give any team a run for their money.
As far as student support, I cant argue that we obviously suck at marketing for the games 3/4th the student population don't even know when we have them. Thats OK though, once we get that fixed all we need is 1/10 of the student body to show up and we'll be close to filling the place ;-)
02-23-2007 01:08 PM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

Donators

Well we ALMOST beat Tennessee and ALMOST beat Auburn. Last time I checked, that still counted as a loss. We are ALMOST undefeated in the league too... 01-wingedeagle
02-23-2007 01:24 PM
Owlzfan84 Offline
Special Teams

Buccaneerlover Wrote:You beat d2 schools? GREAT! We've played d2's as exhibitions and beat their brains in for years! You guys have to be kidding me, let's go with a point system.

Fan base: ETSU yep, Kennesaw: still trying to get recognition over Valdosta and UWG.

Student support: ETSU: yep, as evidenced in how many traveled through bad weather to kennesaw.... Kennesaw: nope, the empty block of seats behind the KSU bench proves that everytime you're in Johnson City.

Conference titles? We just ordered another banner. You've yet to play in the postseason.

Now I'll be the first one to say we're not where we once were, but I can promise you that Kennesaw isn't going to sweep us anytime soon, not unless Dequan Twilley, Courtney Pigram, Mike Smith, Micah Williams and Blake Mishler ALL TRANSFER. Sure you might get a win here and there, but that's it.
Oh, and how do you replace Golden? Tell another one of the Ingle's to have another kid, that's about the only thing that family is any good at.

we've passed west ga and valdosta..were looking at passing g-state soon. Our school is praised all the time from the AJC to Oprah and i'm confident we'll be competing with the likes of tech and uga in 10 years.

Golden will be replaced easily. in fact i've noticed when we had stegal, wooten, morgan, nickerson, and whipple in which could be our starting lineup next year..we were at our best. Zach berry our freshman pg is going to fine next year, the flashy passes wont be there, but consistant shooting and less turnovers will be. also very talented transfers reggie king an Ryan Daughtery will be eligible..wouldnt surprise me to see King starting next year in place of either Berry or Morgan.
02-23-2007 01:30 PM
MisterFan81 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

The Ingle's don't need to have another kid, in fact they should be sterilized in order to prevent them from procreating entirely. That whole damn family is obnoxious. Good luck in a few years when you're eligible for postseason play.
02-23-2007 01:38 PM
Advertisement

Nick M Offline
1st String

DonatorsDonators

bleh, i can't wait till we're eligible and KSU has something to play for... that's a scary thought KSU is just playing for kicks and still giving you guys a run.
02-23-2007 01:47 PM
MisterFan81 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

"Just playing for kicks"... is that how you justify not being able to pull out a W? Its nice to know playing to win isn't motivation enough for KSU. I've got a scary thought for you, an Ingle family reunion. Oh, and the only thing you're going to sweep is that airplane hanger we call the Dome, that floor gets awfully dirty with all those KSU fans that travel with their team.
02-23-2007 02:17 PM
Owlzfan84 Offline
Special Teams

all those fans that travel with you're team will be dead in 4 years
02-23-2007 02:25 PM
MisterFan81 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Yeah.. tell that to the Kappa Sigs that went to the UNF game... and even if they were dead at least those stiffs would have plenty of room when they visited KSU, hell there would probably be more dead ETSU fans there than KSU students.
02-23-2007 02:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.