Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Could that be Paul Stanton holding an ETSU Football?
Bookmark and Share
BucDoctor Offline
All American

I Root For: UVa, ETSU
Could that be Paul Stanton holding an ETSU Football?
Why yes it could!!!

http://www.tricities.com/tristate/tri/ne...-0026.html

ETSU could play as an independent in football for a short period of time. Since the A-Sun requires men's soccer, I wonder the impact on going forward with that sport at ETSU.
12-22-2006 10:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

PittsburghBucs Offline
Banned

I Root For: Justice

Don't knock playing as an independent. It works for Youngstown State.

In fact, I kind of believe that might be the way Mullins wants to go.

The sad thing about this is that Mullins and Stanton have just gotten their reprive.

Unfortunately, they shouldn't-

Let's say ETSU football returns in 2010. They are the ones who will have taken it away from us for seven years, destroyed the basketball program, and distanced themselves from the media.

But that won't matter. They'll get a free pass.

And the really sneaky thing they will have done is the people they have absolutely d1cked- like Jerry Robertson and Kim Reese, will be doing their dirty work for fundraising and promotion and such- but it will be Mullins and Stanton who will get the praise for it.

Disgraceful.
12-22-2006 11:13 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

I Root For: ETSU/Mid Majors

Congrats to Youngstown State, back to back Gateway Conference Champions.
Doctor they've had the soccer job posted now for quite some time and can't seem to get it filled, it's just me but I somehow think that Men's Soccer at ETSU might be dead before they ever suit up, and if not, okay, we'll have 18 varsity intercollegiate sports and hey, MORE IS BETTER!
12-22-2006 04:31 PM
Advertisement

PittsburghBucs Offline
Banned

I Root For: Justice

Thank you for the copy editing, VolLover.

You're right. Should have been "worked" and not "works." My bad.

You do know, of course, that prior to 1997 YSU, under Jim Tressel, was an independent and simply the best Division I-AA football team known to man?

I'm curious why you didn't mention that.

Now, petty bickering aside, I heard the press conference today and Stanton mentioned that the conference would have to change and he's already in contact with the Big South, Southern Conference and, um, well,

I can't seem to remember the other one?

I think it begins with an "O."
12-22-2006 04:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BucDoctor Offline
All American

I Root For: UVa, ETSU

Does the Big South have an auto bid to the playoff?
12-22-2006 04:38 PM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators

Not yet because they dont have enough teams...
12-22-2006 04:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.