Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Why is he here?
Bookmark and Share
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

I Root For: ETSU/Mid Majors
Why is he here?
Okay question time, why is Pitt still here? Pitt feel free to answer the question, why do you post here? Why do you care? You don't live here, you hate ETSU and everything about it, you hate the people that are trying to do good things here, so why not pull for West Va. Tech?
07-11-2006 04:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators

Hey, I remember one of the first ETSU football games I went to. ETSU beat WV Tech 61-0. What a game that was...
07-11-2006 06:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

I bet the Wheeling paper covered it as they played the Wheeling Jesuit Cardinals!
07-13-2006 12:15 AM
rockytopbearcat Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Wheeling Jesuit is a long step up from Post 145 vs. Post 93 in American Legion baseball!

Lover, you're in the media. Don't a paper's lead writers often get a weekly column? 05-stirthepot
07-13-2006 07:40 AM
Advertisement

Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

Post 145 is HOT HOT HOT!!! Come on now... Riveting, hard hitting material...
07-13-2006 08:31 PM
kevster Offline
1st String

I Root For: Go Bucs!!! Back

U guys are being too tough. I believe WV Tech is the 4th largest public university in West Virginia. Kind've like being the 4th healthiest person in the emergency room.
07-15-2006 12:56 PM
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

Or the American Legion baseball league beat writer for the Wheeling West Virginia newspaper.
07-15-2006 11:15 PM
Advertisement

PittsburghBucs Offline
Banned

I Root For: Justice

And isn't it interesting that without me, ETSU sports discussion dies?

Case in point- the UNCG board. A grand total of FOUR posts on there this month. If they had a soundtrack it would be crickets chirping.

In fact, I did some research. It's been- what- two years since I was there?

And in that time there's been 35 pages of posts.

Now- in the ONE YEAR previous I was on there- we had over 70 pages of posts!

Do the math. That means that traffic is less than a quarter of what it was before then despite the fact there's been PLENTY to gripe about over the past two years.

See, you morons need me and you know it.

And you can be selective- like ignoring stories about the Super Bowl champs that I do and instead going on about American Legion baseball- but don't you think that's a bit like calling Trey Williams a guy who sniffs ex-high school jocks because of this article?

http://johnsoncitypress.com/Detail.php?C...S&ID=56446

And trust me, American Legion baseball is what it is, but, then again, so is the NFL.

And it's INFINITELY better than writing about thug has-beens.

And what's this Lover? You're in the media?

Congratulations.

How many box scores will you be taking this fall?
07-16-2006 09:41 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

Used to dabble in it a little bit. Let me ask you, does the paper pay for your expenses for travel to Pittsburgh, hell, do they even pay you? Doubt it.
And people left the ETSU board long before you did, of course, there's that little thing called NO FOOTBALL AND LOSING that might have an adverse affect on the interest.
Boy you're about the dumbest human being I've ever seen, ever. When are you coming to cover ETSU basketball again, oh yea, you're not. Now I remember why they hired Mike White, he's smarter than you, and more talented than you... I'm suprised you're not hanging out with Marty Ricker doing low rent pro rasslin at the Kingsport Civic Auditorium.
07-16-2006 04:20 PM
kevster Offline
1st String

Lover,

You are being way too hard on Pitt. Sure, it could be said that the amount of info on the board was cut by 75% because Pitt wrote 75% of the dribble on the board to start with, but that wouldn't be fare.

It's fun to read Pitt. It's like watching the bad guy rassler on tv when you were a kid. He gives you something to laugh about. Take it with a grain of salt, lover. Take it for what it is.

I used to love it when Baron Von Raschke would assert, "there are thousands of human veg-e-tables in hospitals throughout zee world because of zee clawwww!" I wondered why someone didn't arrest him or something, but I still loved the dribble.

Now, apologize to Pitt and go sit in the corner for a while.
07-17-2006 08:07 AM
Advertisement

Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

I was always a fan of the Minnesota Wrecking Crew/Four Horseman.
07-23-2006 12:02 PM
PittsburghBucs Offline
Banned

I Root For: Justice

Kev- Congrats! You've figured out the schtick.

My favorite is when naive idiots like JD Larue over here don't get it. That's what makes it fun. You can just see the bulging vein in his neck when he posts.

By the way, Lover. It may be of some surprise to you that I'm not interested in the ETSU PR job. Why do you think that's some sort of dream job to anonymously put out press releases and schedule photo shoots for Pepper?

I'm not a flak, and to many in the industry the fact White left a job as a sports writer to become one, and at a pay cut, was not well received.

It does lead me to this question- however. Why is it that the Tri-Cities is almost in propaganda mode?

I'm not talking about reporters who would rather just wait for the press release instead of doing some digging.

I'm talking about about almost a mindset to believe in propaganda. It's the mindset that would have a sports editor leave for a job as a flak,

It's the mindset that has anything critical written turn out worse on the reporter than the subject,

It's the mindset that has Ron Bliss write nothing but game stories on tricitiessports.com except for "totally objective" sports columnists with nicknames like "Parrothead Vol,"

Its the mindset that gives us Tim Chambers, it's the mindset that says only two television newscasts and combining the sports sections of the Times-Leader and Press is okay,

The mindset that now has TWO sports talk radio stations but heaven forbid we put any local shows on them (unless it's simulcast),

It's the mindset that says because a task force has been created we just automatically are going to have football back,

It's the mindset that has the entire ETSU broadcasting dept. come across as a joke because they are more concerned with editing than reporting (no wonder the professors are afraid of me. They realize I will tell them to do their damned jobs),etc. etc . etc.

What I try to do is shock people into realizing they are almost Orwellian subjects.

Do you like it that way or something? I mean I know JD is too stupid to figure this out, but, really, what's the deal?
07-24-2006 08:46 AM
kevster Offline
1st String

My fav
Actually, one of my favorites was Gorgeous George Junior. I can still hear him playing guitar and singing, "Jerry Lawler has an Army. Jerry Lawler is the General. Jerry Lawler is the King. And he's cutting Buddy Diamond's hair" to the tune of "I've been working on the railroad."

Poor Buddy. I don't think he ever won a match, even after the haircut.

Also, the Mongolian Stomper was pretty impressive. Imagine my chagrine when I moved to Knoxville and met him at the health club. He opened the door and said "Good morning" in perfect English. Just goes to show that aliens can learn our language and customs. Quite a step up from "Ooga, Ugha, Ooga."
07-31-2006 08:21 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.