Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

You know, the other board really sucks
Bookmark and Share
PittsburghBucs Offline
Banned

I Root For: Justice
You know, the other board really sucks
You know I'm biased when I say that, but I just want to say this.

Kim Reece (MommaBear) wrote on there about a Career Move suggestion for the current administration, presumably to find a few one-schoolhouse colleges.

What she's doing is relisting classifieds for jobs we care nothing about, but regardless.

Anyway, one of the schools she mentioned as a diploma mill that would be a step down was Bryn Mawr.

BRYN MAWR?

ONE OF THE SEVEN SISTERS OF THE IVY LEAGUE?????

Once upon a time, if you were a man, you went to Princeton and if you were a woman, you went to Bryn Mawr.

I admit that the Bryn Mawr Mawrters or whatever they are called are not an athletic power.

But still- IT'S BRYN MAWR!

Hello? Katherine Hepburn? The school where Woodrow Wilson taught?

Let me say I am the ETSU athletic director. Not David Mullins per se, but a generic ETSU athletic director.

We'll say he or she does his job well and is a man or woman of vision.

Now, would it really be a step down for him to leave ETSU for, say, Princeton- which Bryn Mawr is affliated with so closely?

Or Carnegie-Mellon?

Or the University of Chicago?

Or, yes, BRYN MAWR!

I try to play myself out as this shot and a beer guy, but even I recognize the prestige of Bryn Mawr!!!!

Let me just say that the current athletic administration of ETSU has as much chance of getting a job at Bryn Mawr as RodShaw or BuccaneerLover has of being President.
03-01-2006 12:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

RodShaw2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Re: You know, the other board really sucks
PittsburghBucs Wrote:Let me just say that the current athletic administration of ETSU has as much chance of getting a job at Bryn Mawr as RodShaw or BuccaneerLover has of being President.

Or Marky Mark Billison..
03-01-2006 03:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PittsburghBucs Offline
Banned

That's the best comeback you can come up with?

The scary thing is I can actually see Mark Wahlberg trying to play a "Bad Boy President" in some God Awful movie in 10-15 years.

WHY OH WHY CAN'T WE PUT THAT GUY ON SAME DUNG HEAP WITH VANILLA ICE WHERE HE BELONGS?
03-01-2006 11:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

youknowwhothisis Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

This "Mommabear" person sounds pretty darn funny to me. Maybe she was saying that a D3 school or a summer camp is a much better fit for the Athletic Destroyers than D1.
03-02-2006 01:26 PM
Bucster Offline
All American

I Root For: ETSU

I agree this board is quickly becomming Soconhoops part II. Keep the traffic comming in Pitt!!! Remember the hay days of the Soconhoops board? Dave Mullins and company chiming in on a regular basis.....The general manager of the Johnson City Cardnials blamming the Soconhoops board for a sell that fell thru.....and the Tri-Cities media reading it for actual material in their stories. The influence of the Soconhoops board was unreal, lets just hope something similar happens here.
03-09-2006 04:18 PM
PittsburghBucs Offline
Banned

Bucster- I do remember.

You know what though? That sort of proves how stupid I am.

We had a very large amount of influence- and all I could get off of it were a few bucks every week from Sports Talk.

The funny thing is now my old friend thedoctor- who is actually saying some semi-nice things about me over there (how I wasn't a sellout and such)- is currently bragging about how much influence he has over story content and such in the Press.

But would he ever give me any credit when a TV sportscaster would refer to Memorial Center as "The Vault of Victory" or people would call up talk shows or write letters to the paper on my commentary or the whole Cardinals mess (did Spinks ever go to jail, by the way?)?

Uh, no.

In fact, remember when a Penn State fan who didn't like Ed DeChellis came on there and started asking how DeChellis was perceived in Johnson City?

And thedoctor basically said "Well, DeChellis was popular, but he lied on his way out?"

Who was it that broke that story?

thedoctor never actually mentioned that little tidbit.

Hypocritical as always. But, you know, I am a liar in his mind because he took my quip about a certain beloved poet's of his as a literal statement.

Fact of the matter is this is the first time I've mentioned him over here. But he ALWAYS mentions me- even two years later.

The only way you can get under a guy's skin that much is to actually bring out truths that offend him.

Which is basically what I did.
03-09-2006 08:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.