Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bowling Green questions
Bookmark and Share
MobileBama Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: .
Bowling Green questions
Hey guys, I'll be coming up to Bowling Green from Mobile for the Derby. We're staying Friday night, driving to Lville Saturday, then driving back to Bowling Green. There will be about 5 of us coming up.

We're going to Baker Boys for some pitchers Friday afternoon, then we'll go out aferwards. Is Baker Boys still there? We like the outside seating. Can any one suggest a good bar (no cheesy dance clubs) for a Friday night in Bowling Green where it's a fun crowd and some good looking women? Also, are there any Derby parties downtown or around town? If you have any links for these bars, please paste them. Thanks for your time and advice and we look forward to staying in Bowling Green.
04-07-2007 12:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hilltopper2K Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: WKU!!!

Hey guys, I'll be coming up to Bowling Green from Mobile for the Derby. We're staying Friday night, driving to Lville Saturday, then driving back to Bowling Green. There will be about 5 of us coming up.

We're going to Baker Boys for some pitchers Friday afternoon, then we'll go out aferwards. Is Baker Boys still there? We like the outside seating. Can any one suggest a good bar (no cheesy dance clubs) for a Friday night in Bowling Green where it's a fun crowd and some good looking women? Also, are there any Derby parties downtown or around town? If you have any links for these bars, please paste them. Thanks for your time and advice and we look forward to staying in Bowling Green.

I don't think it's called Baker Boys anymore, but yeah, its still there. There are two or three bars on the square, sorry I can't reccomend one as I don't frequent them. Do you know where the square is?

I am unaware of any big Derby parties here. Of course you could take your pick in Louisville.

Sorry, not much help.
04-08-2007 03:52 PM
Hilltopper2K Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

It seems that the people of BG that want to party on Derby day go to Louisville:

http://media.www.wkuherald.com/media/sto...2769.shtml
04-08-2007 04:58 PM
Advertisement

MobileBama Offline
Special Teams

thanks
Ht2K, thanks for the response and that article. Either that article is wrong, or the calendar on WKU's website is wrong. Here's the calendar from the WKU site:

Final Examinations Monday - Friday, May 7-11
Graduate Commencement Friday, May 11, at 7:00 p.m.- Diddle Arena
Undergraduate Commencement Saturday, May 12, in Diddle Arena

The Derby is the first Sat. in May. Oh well, either way, we look forward to having fun Friday night in BG then heading to the Derby Saturday morning

If you have any other stories or if any one has other advice on bars, please post them. Thank you.
04-08-2007 06:50 PM
MobileBama Offline
Special Teams

That article was written in '05 but thanks for posting it. I'm sure the students will be out that Friday night before finals
04-08-2007 06:58 PM
Advertisement

galojah Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU & NC State

Donators

Baker Boys is now Froggies. Great beer selection and yummy pizza.

If you want another option, 440 Main on the square has outside seating as well and has a good bar.

Other than that, the bars stink in BG.
04-09-2007 04:42 PM
Big Money G Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: WKU

Dolphies Lounge in the hotel as you're getting off exit 22 is a great place and if that isn't your cup of tea then try the "Little Brown Jug" on the 31W bypass......both are fine establishments! :band: 03-nerner
04-09-2007 05:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MobileBama Offline
Special Teams

Thanks guys. Big Money, are you serious about these bars? What about Rita's Place or The Spillway? Will we find trouble there?

I think we'll stick with Froggy's then head to the square. We did go to some bar at The Ramada Inn (that's where we stayed) and when we walked in, the music skipped and every one got quiet... not really, but it reminded me of the scene in Animal House when they walk in to the juke joint.

Also, I heard about some sports bar that has sand volleyball courts in the back. Does any one know anything about this place?

Thanks again for your replies.
04-09-2007 07:04 PM
Hilltopper2K Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

Little off topic... but what do you all think of the minor league team and proposed circus square? Given the city of BG's track record with these "inestments" I am highly skeptical. And why in the $#@! are the taxpayers of BG paying to build a sushi bar?

Government never ceases to amaze me.
04-09-2007 08:05 PM
Advertisement

MobileBama Offline
Special Teams

Friday May 4th

Any good bands playing in BG. Are there any derby parties? Thanks and maybe I'll see some of you out
04-27-2007 09:24 AM
Hilltopper2K Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

Don't know... I am going to a Cinco de Mayo party... but of course that is the 5th.

Check this out...
04-28-2007 06:35 PM
Hilltopper413 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: WKU
RE: Bowling Green questions
I know I'm way too late for Derby, but I'll go ahead and chime in on the BG nightlife, since I'm still in school (I know, lucky me). Froggy's is turning into an awesome place to go. It is jam packed every thur, fri, and sat night. It is what you would picture as your typical college bar. It is packed with college students, with your typical fraternity/sorority crowd mixed with your typical college student. They usually have live music, that is really entertaining. It is a great atmosphere, especially if you're lucky enough to get a spot outside.

The square is also a great spot to hit the town. Brew Co. on Thursday nights is by far the hottest spot in BG. Apparently $10 all you can drink gets students attention. You can always count on a big crowd and live music. If Brew Co. becomes too much to handle you can walk next door to Utley's aka JT's aka Darkstar. No cover to get in, and more of a relaxed crowd. And if you get tired of those, you can always make your way over to Tidball's and State St. Pub. Both are smaller less populated places, but usually have great drink specials.

IMO, Froggy's is the best place in BG. But Brew Co. on Tuesday and Thursday nights has the biggest crowds. Either way, the nightlife in BG is really improving. And I am hearing the The Deuce is going to be opening back up this fall as more of an upscale bar. Collared shirts required to get in, things like that. So if that happens, I can see it taking off as a place to be.
08-07-2007 10:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.