Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT- Classes
Bookmark and Share
HuskieRak Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU! NIU! NIU!
OT- Classes
Anyone ever taken those coaching baseball/softball classes?

Im guessing it would be pretty easy but not real sure.

Anyother easy classes any recommends?
04-13-2007 05:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

clcfball11 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU!!!
Re: OT- Classes
HuskieRak Wrote:Anyone ever taken those coaching baseball/softball classes?

those sound pretty easy to me...u could always take like a "basketball" class or something for an easy credit. basically the only truly easy class i have had thus far at NIU was philosophy 231 with Clarke...every other teacher is hard, but she replaced tests with community servive...if u didnt get an A in that class, there was a problem lol
04-13-2007 05:10 PM
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU

Too bad he retired long ago. Music appreciation with Dr. Frank Beezhold. Easiest class I had at NIU.
04-13-2007 05:17 PM
NIUtrav09 Offline
Huskies and Illini. Get over it!

I Root For: NIU and U of I

Coaching baseball/softball is as easy as it sounds. Took it 1st semester this year and I had Walt Owens... not sure if he is still teaching because of his health though... you get to play a little too which is fun. There is some work though.. a couple papers, you have to score a game and keep a pitching chart. So it does actually require some work. Attendance is like 50% of your total grade so just go everyday.
04-13-2007 05:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

I Root For: NIU Huskies
clcfball11 Wrote:

those sound pretty easy to me...u could always take like a "basketball" class or something for an easy credit. basically the only truly easy class i have had thus far at NIU was philosophy 231 with Clarke...every other teacher is hard, but she replaced tests with community servive...if u didnt get an A in that class, there was a problem lol

My easiest class was Coms 100. The teacher told me before the final i could not show up for the final and still get an A, but i still took the final.

Other easy classes: Music 220, English 103 & 104, TLSE 240, Phil 231, ELE 100, EPFE 201, Pols 100, Econ 100, Econ 260, and ILAS 225.

I didn't take any sports classes because you only get one credit hour for a class you have to attend twice a week and i don't know what grad schools think of people who take a lot of sports classes for easy A's.
04-13-2007 05:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
clcfball11 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU!!!
epasnoopy Wrote:
clcfball11 Wrote:

My easiest class was Coms 100. The teacher told me before the final i could not show up for the final and still get an A, but i still took the final.

Other easy classes: Music 220, English 103 & 104, TLSE 240, Phil 231, ELE 100, EPFE 201, Pols 100, Econ 100, Econ 260, and ILAS 225.

I didn't take any sports classes because you only get one credit hour for a class you have to attend twice a week and i don't know what grad schools think of people who take a lot of sports classes for easy A's.

i think coms 100's difficulty varies depending on the teacher. Is music 220 really that easy? Do you think you just got lucky and got a really easy prof, or do u think it is a really easy course across the board?
04-13-2007 06:10 PM
Advertisement

NIUtrav09 Offline
Huskies and Illini. Get over it!

I Root For: NIU and U of I
epasnoopy Wrote:
clcfball11 Wrote:

Econ 260 would have been easier for me had my prof actually spoken english.
04-13-2007 06:13 PM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

clcfball11 Wrote:
epasnoopy Wrote:
clcfball11 Wrote:

i think coms 100's difficulty varies depending on the teacher. Is music 220 really that easy? Do you think you just got lucky and got a really easy prof, or do u think it is a really easy course across the board?

I took it my freshman year, second semester (spring 2004). Lots of ladies to look at when you aren't paying attention. It was an easy class. Just remember some music history stuff (composers) and memorizing songs when you hear them.
04-13-2007 06:13 PM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

NIUtrav09 Wrote:
epasnoopy Wrote:
clcfball11 Wrote:

Econ 260 would have been easier for me had my prof actually spoken english.

Very true, the Econ department has a lot of Indian professors with thick accents.
04-13-2007 06:15 PM
NIUGAHuskie Offline
1st String

My easiest (and by far most enjoyable) class in college was Flag Football. I slept through the final exam (an actual written test 04-jawdrop ) and the teacher let me make it up, for full credit even though the course had pretty much ended already. All you have to do is show up, give a little effort, and learn how to throw and catch a football.
04-13-2007 07:23 PM
thenino60 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Easy classes.....this really makes me look like a jock, but there is a reason behind it.
I came to NIU with 18 hours from taking JC classes while I was a senior in HS because the HS payed for them if you weren't a retard.
I didn't feel like starting a masters and pushed my graduation from 3.5 years to 4.5 years due to my eligibility because I was somewhat lazy, but I felt it to be a reward for starting early. Never once took a summer school class either.

That being said, here is some classes I had my last year or so:

Coaching Football- (our coaches)
Coaching Basketball- (Coach Owens)
Rest and Relaxation 1
Rest and Relaxation 2
Golf- (with asst Stregth coach)
IEDU 101
Sports Pshyc
Bowling 1- (Coach Owens)
Bowling 2- (Coach Owens)
History of Sport
Black History- 1 of 2 white people in the class

Thats all I can think of at the moment.
04-13-2007 07:31 PM
Advertisement

NIU02 Offline
Special Teams

NIUGAHuskie Wrote:All you have to do is show up, give a little effort, and learn how to throw and catch a football.

I heard Horvath had to drop the class ;-)
04-13-2007 07:38 PM
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

Music appreciation. about 95% of the scholarship athletes took Dr. Beezhold. I went to 5 classes. first one, review, midterm, review and final. I got a 100%. Even easier than my Earth Science class in HS.
04-13-2007 07:57 PM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

NIU02 Wrote:
NIUGAHuskie Wrote:All you have to do is show up, give a little effort, and learn how to throw and catch a football.

I heard Horvath had to drop the class ;-)

Ouch....major burn!
04-13-2007 08:42 PM
CHoran24 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Michigan & NIU

I am in the class right now, and this is Walt Owens last semester teaching it, so I'm guessing it will change quite a bit next fall. Right now we are spending the last month or so playing softball in the fieldhouse.
04-13-2007 11:18 PM
HuskieRak Offline
Heisman

epasnoopy Wrote:
clcfball11 Wrote:

It sucks only getting one credit, but I just think of it as a GPA booster
04-14-2007 12:50 PM
Advertisement

armour248 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

a one credit class isn't going to impact your gpa much
04-14-2007 01:11 PM
ChiTownNIU Offline
2nd String

the easiest class i've taken at NIU thus far besides Coaching Baseball (right now) is AHP 206....just go to class to get the attendance and activity points and 3 "projects" which take like 20 min of your life...no tests...quizes online and you can just google the answer if you don't know

take it and you can thank me later...LoL
04-14-2007 06:11 PM
HuskieRak Offline
Heisman

armour248 Wrote:a one credit class isn't going to impact your gpa much

I believe coaching classes are 2 credits
04-14-2007 06:29 PM
Big_Man Offline
Destroyer

I Root For: Chicago

thenino60 Wrote:Rest and Relaxation 1
Rest and Relaxation 2

Now how in the hell are those classes? I stopped nap time in preschool.
04-14-2007 08:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.