Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Tournament needs a new scorekeeper
Bookmark and Share
LongtimeFan Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Tournament needs a new scorekeeper
Not only was the tournament timer incompetent this year, so was the person responsible for keeping score on the scoreboard. There were numerous times during both the men's and women's tournaments when the scorekeeper either fell asleep or simply wasn't paying attention. He was particularly bad in recording made free throws. I do not exaggerate when I say there was often as much as 30 seconds or more before made free throws were recorded on the scoreboard. There were also numerous times when the points scored were credited to the wrong team and then it took several more seconds to correct the mistake. It was terribly frustrating. MAC players, coaches and fans deserve better. It was pathetic.
03-11-2007 02:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

thegeneral Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU, OU

During the WMU-Kent game, there were numerous times when the scoreboard had the incorrect score (i.e. points were given to the wrong team). The errors were always corrected within 15 seconds.
03-11-2007 08:26 PM
bobcat_backer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: OHIO

I didn't go to the MAC Tournament this year, but i did go to the Ohio-Cincinnati game that was played at the Q in December. And, the scoreboard keeper made a ton of errors in that game and was acting like he was asleep half the time! 01-wingedeagle

he's probably one of those guys you see on Election Day running the voting booths...100 years old and escaped from "the home!" lol
03-11-2007 08:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.