Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2007 Wish List
DOMINATOR Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
2007 Wish List
5. Mike Scott and Q to develop into leaders on and off the court.

4. Jordan Miny to work on his outside shot. His defense is already top-notch. He just needs a nice jump shot to make him one of the best.

3. Chris Singletary and Sherman to keep working out. They could be match-up problems for opposing teams for years.

2. Our new recruits to come right in and mesh well with the returning players. Next year's class is one of the best in the history of the conference, so if their heads are straight, the bench will be the best in the MAC.

1. BEAT AKRON!!!!!!!! 04-rock
03-11-2007 01:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

dclear2k Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Kent State

Also some Ike knight time....Imagine Mike & Ike.....the chants possibilites of that one! lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao
03-11-2007 01:52 PM
Kent 76 Offline
All American

I Root For:

I think the only thing keeping Knight back is the injuries. Hope he's not Gerwig II, injury-wise.
03-11-2007 01:54 PM
DOMINATOR Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

And Brandon Parks to work on his post game all summer. If he could play 10-12 minutes a game as a defensive stopper, we might finally have an answer for Mr. Woods at Akron.
03-11-2007 01:58 PM
Kent 76 Offline
All American

I Root For:

What I wish for is continued good fortune, health-wise. Over the last 9 seasons, the number of games missed by key players due to sickness and injury has been incredibly low.
03-11-2007 02:28 PM
Advertisement

AlphaFlash Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent St. & UNC

Tell the Bracketbusters to shove it.
03-11-2007 02:48 PM
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

I Root For: Kent State/James Madison

DOMINATOR Wrote:And Brandon Parks to work on his post game all summer. If he could play 10-12 minutes a game as a defensive stopper, we might finally have an answer for Mr. Woods at Akron.
Good point. A big man that can play is worth his weight in gold in this conference, we don't even need that, but a guy that can at least get 8-12 minutes a night and control the low post would be a huge boost. He doesn't even need to really score, just set screens, box out and rebound on the offensive end which would open up things for those around him.
03-11-2007 03:15 PM
ohiovarsity Offline
Special Teams

DOMINATOR Wrote:And Brandon Parks to work on his post game all summer. If he could play 10-12 minutes a game as a defensive stopper, we might finally have an answer for Mr. Woods at Akron.

The answer for Mr. Woods will be here next season--Rashad Woods. Woods is 6-foot-6, and 230-235 pounds. Woods is 6-6, 245 (but I think the 245 is a tad generous).
03-11-2007 03:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
letch0125 Offline
Bench Warmer

I'm going with a big man. How many times did we see Antonio Gates take over a game, and I still have awful memories of Chris Kaman in the 2003 championship game.
03-11-2007 04:04 PM
Advertisement

burden Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

I'm also excited about next year. However please remember it has to happen quickly. Three of the four in next years class come in as juniors. Sherman and Singletary will still be here after they graduate. By recruiting that way we are going to lose a bunch of talent after the 08-09 season. It would include the 3 prize recruits, Knight, Sullinger, McGee, Mincy and Parks. That's eight all at once. Will have a lot of fun the next year. Yeah,Yeah I know I see the glass half empty sometimes.
03-11-2007 04:12 PM
Kent 76 Offline
All American

I Root For:

Gates was playing hurt against CMU, and that 2003 game is one time I WILL complain about the officials, something I rarely do. Bill Livingston said that Kaman got the "star treatment", and I agree. Edwards and Gerwig weren't allowed to even breathe around him. Really good big men are hard to get. You need to find guys that are late bloomers, for one reason or another, like Kaman and Edwards.
03-11-2007 04:15 PM
oldfan1 Offline
1st String

I Root For:

BIG PEOPLE INSIDE ...BIG PEOPLE INSIDE ..GENTE MUY GRANDE INSIDE....GENTE MUY GRANDE INSIDE......
03-11-2007 07:55 PM
luckyflash Offline
1st String

I Root For: GOLDEN FLASHES

Let's not forget about 7 footer, Garcia, is that a big enough body oldfan1 lmfao lmfao

GO FLASHES!!!!!!!!!!!
03-11-2007 09:09 PM
Advertisement

AlphaFlash Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent St. & UNC

burden Wrote:I'm also excited about next year. However please remember it has to happen quickly. Three of the four in next years class come in as juniors. Sherman and Singletary will still be here after they graduate. By recruiting that way we are going to lose a bunch of talent after the 08-09 season. It would include the 3 prize recruits, Knight, Sullinger, McGee, Mincy and Parks. That's eight all at once. Will have a lot of fun the next year. Yeah,Yeah I know I see the glass half empty sometimes.
Good call man. Lets hope that we can get some important post-season wins the next 2 seasons to boost recruiting.
03-11-2007 09:14 PM
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

ohiovarsity Wrote:

The answer for Mr. Woods will be here next season--Rashad Woods. Woods is 6-foot-6, and 230-235 pounds. Woods is 6-6, 245 (but I think the 245 is a tad generous).
Considering he was so highly rated his stats from this season leave a little to be desired (roughly 8 points and 5 boards a game). Spates has been scoring (~19 ppg) but Garcia (~6 ppg and 6 boards) is another one that hasn't been blowing away the competition.
03-11-2007 10:04 PM
KStud Offline
1st String

I Root For:

I know we have nothing else to do for eight months, but stats at the JUCO level can be misleading based on style of play, teammates, competition. Let's wait until they get on campus to make judgements. If Woods was good enough to go to DePaul, I at least want to see him.
03-11-2007 10:53 PM
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

KStud Wrote:I know we have nothing else to do for eight months, but stats at the JUCO level can be misleading based on style of play, teammates, competition.
If you play JUCO ball against a bunch of freshmen and sophomores and aren't able to stand out how can you expect to be an impact player when you start playing here against the Dukes, Ohio States and seasoned veterans? I know Q showed some flashes here this year, but this guy was his league's Freshman Player of the Year and All League both seasons and he didn't exactly blow people away as expected, so I'm not sure how a guy that isn't but the 3rd or 4th best player on his own JUCO team will.
03-12-2007 01:33 PM
Advertisement

Doc KSU Offline
2nd String

Polish Hammer Wrote:
KStud Wrote:I know we have nothing else to do for eight months, but stats at the JUCO level can be misleading based on style of play, teammates, competition.
If you play JUCO ball against a bunch of freshmen and sophomores and aren't able to stand out how can you expect to be an impact player when you start playing here against the Dukes, Ohio States and seasoned veterans? I know Q showed some flashes here this year, but this guy was his league's Freshman Player of the Year and All League both seasons and he didn't exactly blow people away as expected, so I'm not sure how a guy that isn't but the 3rd or 4th best player on his own JUCO team will.
It also depends on what role he has/will play. For example, Mincy can play point; but he would be a terrible shooting guard.
03-12-2007 10:36 PM
KStud Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Jay Youngblood tore up the JUCO level. But on second glance, it was DII/JUCO. He was playing TRI-C in the title game. He ended up being pretty good at KSU. 05-stirthepot

I don't follow a second of JUCO ball and don't even care to dig up anything on where these kids are playing this year. But basketball is a fit sport. I will hold off judgement until I see if Spates and Woods are circle or square pieces.
03-12-2007 10:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.