Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Post season honors
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Kent State
Post season honors
Sherman and Singletary both on All Frosh team. Wise choices.

Omni Second Team All MAC, Mike Scott Honorable Mention All MAC.
03-07-2007 01:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

flashgrad03 Offline
1st String

congrats to all.

IMO Omni should be first team, but I am biased ;-)

I think my expectations for Mike Scott were too high at the begining of the season. I thought he would have a monster year and be first team all MAC. I think he finished the season strong and was a big reason why we won alot of games down the strecth. Early in the year I think he tried to do too much. Stop shooting those threes and you'll be just fine Mike!
03-07-2007 02:15 PM
ksu315 Offline
1st String

I Root For:

I'm sure JC and staff are way ahead of me but i would guess they will be using these snubs as a form of motivation over the next 3 days.

Meaning JC 4th for COY ??, Q snubbed for D player of year, Rod & Sing no frosh of year, no 1st team players and only 2 even got mentioned at all. In other words i can hear the "Nobody respects us even though we dominated this f#$ing league for 9 years and they are disrespecting all those that put this uniform on before you" .

JC will have them fired up to take on the world. 04-rock
03-07-2007 03:21 PM
Advertisement

FlashFan Offline
Heisman

Quote:In other words i can hear the "Nobody respects us even though we dominated this f#$ing league for 9 years and they are disrespecting all those that put this uniform on before you" .

Must be an echo, because I'm hearing the same thing. Specifically:

"O, they think Middleton is better than you."
03-07-2007 09:10 PM
oldfan1 Offline
1st String

I Root For:

who is coach of the year???
03-07-2007 09:20 PM
Advertisement

The Flash Offline
All American

Middleton stinks. He can't handle the rock at all. He is a one trick pony - 3 point shooting. He bumbled the ball all over the MACC floor on Sunday. What a joke!
03-07-2007 09:45 PM
flashgrad03 Offline
1st String

The Flash Wrote:Middleton stinks. He can't handle the rock at all. He is a one trick pony - 3 point shooting. He bumbled the ball all over the MACC floor on Sunday. What a joke!

I'll disagree. I think middleton is a very good player. he is quick and can shoot the lights out, but he is not better than Omni. how does he not get the sixth man of the year? oh well. We need to win this damn tournament and put these clowns on notice
03-07-2007 10:54 PM
Advertisement

The Flash Offline
All American

flashgrad03 Wrote:
The Flash Wrote:Middleton stinks. He can't handle the rock at all. He is a one trick pony - 3 point shooting. He bumbled the ball all over the MACC floor on Sunday. What a joke!

I'll disagree. I think middleton is a very good player. he is quick and can shoot the lights out, but he is not better than Omni. how does he not get the sixth man of the year? oh well. We need to win this damn tournament and put these clowns on notice

It may be just me, but I wasn't impressed with the guy. He looked average to me...
03-08-2007 07:52 AM
J-BIDDY Offline
2nd String

I Root For: The Akron Zips

The Flash Wrote:
flashgrad03 Wrote:

It may be just me, but I wasn't impressed with the guy. He looked average to me...

He looked average in the game at the MACC I can't argue that even though he did score 17, but the 25 at the JAR was lights out. Omni does not deserve the 6th man award over Middleton. Sorry, but Omni had 8 in the first game and 16 in the second. Sure you can argue that it is more than just points it is also effort that is vital. But Ced provides are needed spark plug off the bench, has never taken a night off and has been consistent all year long. Omni has had his ups and downs and has yet to play consistent. CM out played Smith head to head twice and the MAC saw this, took notice and voted correctly!
03-08-2007 10:18 AM
Advertisement

Kent 76 Offline
All American

I Root For:

My feeling about individual awards mirrors what John Nance Garner said about the Vice Presidency, "It isn't worth a bucket of warm p---.". That having been said, you have the problem of defining the term "sixth man". How DO you define it? I have my thoughts on the classic sixth man role, based the role popularized by the Boston Celtics way back in the 1950's. In my opinion, Omni Smith is not really a classic sixth man. He is more of a main cog that just happens to not start. But, heck, maybe that IS the current definition of "sixth man"!
03-08-2007 10:47 AM
Flash Freak Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Omni is a better all around player than Middleton period! That is supported by him making the all MAC second team. The season long #'s support that Omni is a better all around player than Middleton as well, period.

Middleton got the 6th man award as he is a true 6th man and that's what the award is for. Middleton did not beat out Dials for the 2 guard spot. That's why he's Akron's 6th man. On the other side, Omni (at this time) could beat out any guard KSU has for either spot. We all know WHY he comes off the bench. Instant offense...
03-08-2007 11:30 AM
flashgrad03 Offline
1st String

true, Omni is a starter coming off the bench, Middleton is a sixth man. I guess thats the luxury of having 7 guys that could start ;-)
03-08-2007 11:32 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.