Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

DODD - FUTURE
Bookmark and Share
Dennis Rachwal Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
DODD - FUTURE
I'm somewhat puzzled with Dodd/Ramsey's use of Dodd. He started the season as our number 1 center for the first few games and didn't appear to do too poorley, had 10 points against Michigan and a number of blocks against Marquette, but once Matthews became eligible and Dobbins recovered from his stress fracture, he hit the pines even playing behind Knaub. Hence he was relegated to 4rth string center.

Wonder if he has a future here with Skipper also behing added to next season's roster.????
03-04-2007 05:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

huroncowboy Offline
1st String

I Root For: EMU

I would say yes. One never knows about Matthew's eligibilty. We have several forwards graduating next year. Dobbins may play power forward.
Looks to be an excellent shoot blocker. Needs to still add more strength.
03-04-2007 07:23 PM
emubbfan Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
Defensive Player
Don't understand this either. A freshman, 6 blocks in one game vs Marquette, not Ball State or Toledo of Buffalo, but Marquette. Don't think Marquette kids are saying, ok, block me, that's cool ! 3rd highest blocks in a single game in EMU history,in the record book behind one guy who did 7 and 8. Is a defensive player, this is what he seems to do, and seemed to do ok in the games he played in. Strange that Ramsey suppresses him, other big guys may get 20 minutes plus and no points and maybe 1 rebound, does not seem a level field of opportunity. Presume it's a message to Dodd to move elsewhere. Same as Gay and Freer. Freer is the most athletic athlete we have, and when he gets on has shown what he can do. Explosive. What with Cashen and Knaub leaving, is there a thread here ? What do they all have in common ?
03-04-2007 07:29 PM
huroncowboy Offline
1st String

Gay, Freer and Dodd all got PT this year based on how the coaching staff felt they could help the team win. I don't think Rams is thinking or wishing anyone of these players would leave. He re-affirmed the verbals for both Gay and Dodd and Freer got significant playing time last year. While it is true coaches have some prejudice towards playing their own recruits. I believe Rams plays those who work the hardest and definitely those that play defense. If these three were the best, I believe Rams would start them. You can't argue with results, five more wins than last year and the team played better overall. How much time these three players see in the future depends alot on them.
03-05-2007 09:45 AM
Advertisement

TheWoodenNickle Offline
Heisman

I hope all stay. As we've seen with FB its difficult build a successful program if there is high player turnover. Would you rather have these 3 on the bench or have some marginally talented freshman that should be redshirting? I'll take the experienced guys, even if they are not high performers.

As for Dodd, its common for MAC level kids his size to need more development time. He should develope into a valuable contributor by the time he's an upperclassman.
03-05-2007 11:59 AM
huroncowboy Offline
1st String

I agree. All three have contributed and have potential. There are injuries and academics that take someone off the bench and become a starter. You can't start all 12 guys and Rams moves persons in and out of the rotation alot. It would interesting to compare minutes for Gay and Freer this year versus last year.
03-05-2007 12:34 PM
emubbfan Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
Stats

This year then last:

Gay 142 minutes, 47 points, last year 245 minutes, 51 points
Freer 182 minutes, 34 points, last year 575 minutes 137 points
Lewis 627 minutes 67 points, last year 189 minutes 34 points
Knaub 209 minutes 68 points, last year 149 minutes, 37 points
Cashen 612 mnutes 142 points, last year 626 minutes, 117 points
Matthews (lost half a year) 407 minutes 105 points, 463 minutes 97 points
03-05-2007 08:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.