Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Womens Game against Ohio
burden Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Womens Game against Ohio
Boy did they get robbed. Two point lead with 5 seconds to go and they were on the foul line for 2 shots. They missed them both (obviously that cost them the game). But what happened afterwards was really strange. Ohio drove the length of the floor and missed the shot. The buzzer went off and according to Linder the team started celebrating their win. Then the refs called a foul and somehow figured out it occurred with 0.4 seconds left. Ohio drained the two free throws and went on to win by 4 in OT. A win would have put them 3 games ahead for the bye with only 4 games to go. Sounds like they were really homered. Actually it was probably just another fine example of the pitiful refs that they have to put up with all year. Thank god the men get some refs that at least have a clue.
02-15-2007 05:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

KSUDan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Kent State
Re: Womens Game against Ohio
Thank god the men get some refs that at least have a clue.

Let me know which games those are..
02-16-2007 02:32 AM
JSF Offline
Rich, Good Looking, Has a Rapist Wit

I Root For: World Peace

It looked like a foul to me. The ref called it immediately.
02-16-2007 06:13 PM
burden Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

ozoner,

I did say that was according to our radio announcer. If you were there I will defer.
02-17-2007 09:21 AM
JSF Offline

Oh, I saw that. I was there- just giving my perspective on it.
02-17-2007 05:51 PM
Advertisement

burden Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

O zoner,

I have to take back my statement. I talked to a respected fan at the Kent womens game today and he said it was the worst call he ever saw. He was at the game. I would really be upset but I have to admit we lost the game because of missing those 2 foul shots. Also that charging call on Ohio just before the foul shots probably wasn't the best call either. Ohio did do a good job keeping the ball from Peoples which sent the freshman to the line with 5 seconds to go so I have to give them some credit. What the hell we're all playing for 2nd place and I'm afraid BG will be almost as good next year considering their recruiting class.
02-17-2007 08:07 PM
JSF Offline

I'm wondering what angle that person had, because I clearly saw Lauren's right arm get hit during the shot and was looking for the call.

And I know for you, second place doesn't mean much. But for us, that's huge. We haven't been that high in a loooong time.
02-17-2007 08:18 PM
DrKahmansense Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

When the head official was told,"That call would never be made by any men's official in the country" she responded by saying "I wouldn't have made it either"

If you saw contact with the arm you saw more than the official who made the call, as she signalled a foul to the head to the scorers table.

The sliding travel before the shot should have been called.
02-17-2007 11:13 PM
KStud Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Regardless, of whether it was a foul or not at the end of the game, it will be controversial, especially if the timekeeper lets time run out before noticing the whistle.

But KSU got a nice big win
02-18-2007 01:46 AM
Advertisement

burden Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Well it took a topic about the terrible refs in the womens game (o zone whether it was good call or not you have to admit the womens refs are terrible) but I think this is the longest thread on womens basketball since I joined the board. Just a comment on the number two seed. Kent will beat Buffalo and lose to BG. Ohio will beat Akron and Buffalo. That means Kent must win at Miami and Ohio must lose to BG. Neither a sure thing. Remember Ohio plays BG the last game of the season. It will mean little to BG and a ton to Ohio who is playing as well as anybody right now. One point however is that th women's tournament is not as stressful as the mens 4 games in 4 nights. They play Sunday, Tuesday, Friday and Saturday so the seed is not as important. It's more for pride than anything else. The tournament is wide open other than BG at the top and Akron and Buffalo at the bottom. It could be a fun one.
02-18-2007 07:31 PM
Joe Foss Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Ohio WBB

Ohio doesn't get BG in their last game of the regular season. They play at BG this Saturday. Miami gets the honors of playing BG at Anderson on their senior night next week. Even though it won't mean anything in the MAC standings to BG, I don't envy Miami. AA will have a big crowd for that group of seniors, and I'll bet BG comes out breathing fire.
02-19-2007 04:57 PM
burden Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Your right I got them mixed up. Miami, Ohio their all the same. Maybe I ought to go to the Ohio board to talk the women's game. There seems to be a little life overthere.
02-19-2007 05:39 PM
burden Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Just a thought on seniors breathing fire. Sometimes all that emotion backfires. Kent's men's elite eight team just barely beat an average Akron team in 2002. So senior's night isn't always an automatic.
02-19-2007 05:41 PM
Advertisement

burden Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

I take my comment from 2 times ago back. I went to the Ohio board and there hasn't been any basketball posts. Oh well.
02-19-2007 05:45 PM
Joe Foss Offline
Water Engineer

There are a couple of threads about the Kent game on the Ohio board. Here's one.

http://www.bobcatattack.com/messageboard...PID=100262
02-19-2007 06:17 PM
JSF Offline

burden Wrote:Well it took a topic about the terrible refs in the womens game (o zone whether it was good call or not you have to admit the womens refs are terrible)

They're not any better or worse than the men's refs.
02-19-2007 06:24 PM
Joe Foss Offline
Water Engineer

The two calls Bob Lindsay was upset about - a charge call and an out of bounds call - were both made by a male referee. The female made the call on the Lauren Kohn foul, but it was her call, and she was in position to make it, right in front of the play.
02-19-2007 06:38 PM
Advertisement

burden Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Joe Foss,

I wasn't refering to the gender of the referees I was referring to the gender of the players.

Ozone,

The refs at the womens games are soooooo much worse than the refs for the mens games. There are exceptions as always but in general they don't cut it.
02-20-2007 10:58 AM
Kent 76 Offline
All American

I Root For:

Burden said:
Quote:Well it took a topic about the terrible refs in the womens game (o zone whether it was good call or not you have to admit the womens refs are terrible) but I think this is the longest thread on womens basketball since I joined the board.

You know, he's right. The fact is a much smaller percentage of Kent fans care about women's basketball than men's. Just as a very small percentage of college basketball fans in northeast Ohio care about Kent basketball. Likewise, a much smaller number care about Ohio State basketball, even though they are currently ranked #1 or #2, than Ohio State football....I could go on. That's just the way it is. People like what they like, and it's to a large extent culturally based. Media exposure could change things somewhat, but by and large the media parcels out coverage based upon what people already are interested in. I'm learning to accept that, the "Serenity Prayer" and all that.
02-20-2007 02:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.