Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT-Fight at the student center
Bookmark and Share
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
OT-Fight at the student center
http://www.star.niu.edu/articles/?id=35239

Anybody go to this? I won't comment on it, it would just get me in trouble and possibly :banned: . ;-)
02-06-2007 08:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Huskiefan38 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU Huskies!!!

what a joke
02-06-2007 09:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
niubrad00 Offline
Boss

I Root For: NIU

Truly sad yet not surprising.

Even less surprising and more sad that people commenting on the article are trying to make the NS out to be racist.
02-06-2007 10:27 PM
nnhsniuhuskies37 Offline
Banned

I Root For: NIU & Cubbies

one of the guys in my fraternity was working there and had to try and break it up, he is a security guard for various events including football, he said he was scared as hell there
02-06-2007 11:10 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

Ok, I think I am safe in saying this. I think that the security should have come up with a plan before hand to accomodate the students/others inside the student center so they didn't have to stand out in the cold which they had to have known was going to be the case that night. I think the students likely got over anxious and they over reacted. However, smoking the marijauna in the building is just plain idiotic.
02-07-2007 12:15 AM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent

Whew, I thought for sure when I saw this subject title that Bleeds and NIUJDK finally met up.
02-07-2007 01:57 AM
Advertisement

BleedsHuskieRed Offline
All American

Donators

MaddDawgz02 Wrote:Whew, I thought for sure when I saw this subject title that Bleeds and NIUJDK finally met up.
That headline would've read "Little person gets ass beaten, parade planned for hero!"
02-07-2007 02:00 AM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent

BleedsHuskieRed Wrote:
MaddDawgz02 Wrote:Whew, I thought for sure when I saw this subject title that Bleeds and NIUJDK finally met up.
That headline would've read "Little person gets ass beaten, parade planned for hero!"
lmfao

So its true you are really not going anymore men's games this year? you have to go tomorrow, the streak is going to be broken!
02-07-2007 02:02 AM
BleedsHuskieRed Offline
All American

Donators

MaddDawgz02 Wrote:
BleedsHuskieRed Wrote:
lmfao

So its true you are really not going anymore men's games this year? you have to go tomorrow, the streak is going to be broken!
It is true, I have a date. However it is not the end of my days at the mens games. I was really frutrated with things the other night when I said that.
02-07-2007 02:08 AM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators

Once again, NIU needs to raise its admission standards and not admit imbecilic animals, criminals, and gangs. It is precisely this crap that gives the university a bad name. I cannot tell you the number of parents I have talked to who will not send their kids to NIU because of situations like this. So, the good potential students are being replaced by the riff raff. NIU should not allow any sponsored events like this on campus property. If the imbeciles want their entertainment, let them get it when they go home on the weekends.
02-07-2007 08:43 AM
onlinepole Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NU & NIU

These are the things that get your university crossed off the list of college options by students and their parents that are willing to invest in a quality education.
02-07-2007 06:32 PM
Advertisement

niu79 Offline
All American

onlinepole Wrote:These are the things that get your university crossed off the list of college options by students and their parents that are willing to invest in a quality education.

Agreed. My son has narowed his college choices to Texas, NIU, Illinois and Indiana, in that order. He's been a Huskie fan since he was a little, and prefers NIU to all of the schools listed above to pursue an accounting degree with the excption of Texas. If his mom were to read this article, and others like it, she'd defintiely steer him elsewhere. Time for Peter's to wake up and address the issue.
02-07-2007 06:57 PM
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

niu79 Wrote:
onlinepole Wrote:These are the things that get your university crossed off the list of college options by students and their parents that are willing to invest in a quality education.

Agreed. My son has narowed his college choices to Texas, NIU, Illinois and Indiana, in that order. He's been a Huskie fan since he was a little, and prefers NIU to all of the schools listed above to pursue an accounting degree with the excption of Texas. If his mom were to read this article, and others like it, she'd defintiely steer him elsewhere. Time for Peter's to wake up and address the issue.

Being an Accounting Grad, I think NIU ranks with all on the list. Really the decision comes down to money. Texas and Indiana will be a lot more. Illinois and NIU will be considerably less. I liked NIU because it was closer to my home yet far enough away that you could not commute. 02-13-banana
02-07-2007 07:07 PM
niu79 Offline
All American

klake87 Wrote:
niu79 Wrote:

Being an Accounting Grad, I think NIU ranks with all on the list. Really the decision comes down to money. Texas and Indiana will be a lot more. Illinois and NIU will be considerably less. I liked NIU because it was closer to my home yet far enough away that you could not commute. 02-13-banana

In last year's Public Accounting report the undergraduate accounting program at Texas was ranked #1, Illinois was #5, NIU #9, and Indiana #10. NIU's reputation in the field is outstanding, considering the thousand's of colleges and universities that offer an accounting degree.
02-07-2007 07:26 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

niu79 Wrote:

Nice job with "Texas" and "steer" comment. ;-)
02-07-2007 07:49 PM
HuskieWannaB Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

niu79 Wrote:

Ive heard nothing but great things from texas, if it werent for money and ACT scores I'd be there!
02-07-2007 08:04 PM
Advertisement

RobertN Offline
Legend

HuskieWannaB Wrote:
niu79 Wrote:

Ive heard nothing but great things from texas, if it werent for money and ACT scores I'd be there!
The first thing that comes to mind when you talk about the 2 in the same post....Enron. lmfao
02-07-2007 10:15 PM
NIUJDK Offline
All American

I Root For:
DonatorsDonators

RobertN Wrote:
HuskieWannaB Wrote:
niu79 Wrote:

The first thing that comes to mind when you talk about the 2 in the same post....Enron. lmfao

Enron image, prior to the fraud from the last executives (either dead or in jail), was very positive. They generated large amounts of contributions to local charities and hired a lot of local folks who worked as hard as they could to earn a decent living. Others outside the area (for example the gays in Connecticut :banme: ), the negative press, and others, only seem to throw gas on an already out of control fire. The dishonesty of the folks involved never seems to enter the equation. Roast the M***** F****** and throw a party! 04-rock It never ceases to amaze me the stupidity of the American people.
02-08-2007 12:19 AM
NIUJDK Offline
All American

I Root For:
DonatorsDonators

Dog Fan Wrote:Once again, NIU needs to raise its admission standards and not admit imbecilic animals, criminals, and gangs. It is precisely this crap that gives the university a bad name. I cannot tell you the number of parents I have talked to who will not send their kids to NIU because of situations like this. So, the good potential students are being replaced by the riff raff. NIU should not allow any sponsored events like this on campus property. If the imbeciles want their entertainment, let them get it when they go home on the weekends.

Oh man, why didn't I read this accurately the first time? And no - I didn't attend Chicago Public Schools. You are right on DF. 04-bow 04-bow Sponsor a gang rapper concert and then be unable to figure out why the town was full of gangsters looking to start trouble. NIU security is a joke. If I had a daughter, no way would I ever allow her to attend NIU. They are way too careless in preventing crime against my daughter. but to be politically correct, they will address their deficiencies as an abonormatility or a one-time occurrence - yea right! Why would you ever allow your daughter to attend a university of God-hating students and teachers????

You all know the unspoken answer.
02-08-2007 12:27 AM
dynovinyl Offline
Heisman

NIUJDK Wrote:Why would you ever allow your daughter to attend a university of God-hating students and teachers????

So, I guess if you had a daughter, she'd only be allowed to attend Wheaton, Trinity, Olivet or some other ultra-conservative, religious, liberal-arts institution?
02-08-2007 12:40 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.