Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Lawson
Bookmark and Share
EagleWarrior Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Lawson
I was wondering what everybody thinks about EMU letting Lawson get away?...and to CMU yet...I know alot of the players are upset about this!..I s EMU that CHEAP that wouldnt pay him what he probably deserves?...wondering if it was Genyk or Gragg who made this decision?..anybody know who`s in line to take over for him?
02-06-2007 07:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

huroncowboy Offline
1st String

I Root For: EMU

My understanding is there is a personal connection between Lawson and Butch Jones so its not all about the money. Secondly how much money are we talking about?

Its unfortunate that we lost Lawson. However players may not understand budgets, but if you ask whether they think the football program overall brings in money to the U or loses money I think they'll know the answer.
Its not that EMU is cheap but if the players want to keep good personnel in the program there is a simple answer. Win. Winning brings interest and interest more attendance and more alum donations. If EMU football had went to a bowl game last year I don't think we'd be sitting talking about Lawson leaving. Unless the football program turns in some improvement and soon what the players and coaches want in terms of personnel and facilities isn't going to happen.

I have no idea who they might bring in. Lawson did a great job. Under Lawson the players did get bigger and faster. Before Lawson it was all lip service. He will be missed.
02-06-2007 08:37 AM
emueaglefootball Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

eastern matched centrals offer but the final decision was this job brings him closer to being the head strength coach at west virginia.....the most likely replacement for lawson will be mike szeryzen and believe me not everybodies as upset as you may think and the change will be better for the football program
02-06-2007 12:36 PM
huroncowboy Offline
1st String

And before anyone gets too upset with me, Warrior, first of all I think most of the kids have worked hard both on the field and off including academics. It is a shame that the past two years the program has been close but no cigars. The team had a rough year last year adjusting to a new QB, suspensions, people quitting and leaving, injuries. The team just didn't quit on itself which speaks highly of the players and coaches.

I think the students, community and alums should support the team regardless of win or loss, but the sad fact is too many accept we're EMU, we're lossers so why make an effort. This losing mentality has inflected the alums, the students and community support of the programs at the very time they need it most to be competitive.

The only cure to dispel this is winning.
02-06-2007 01:21 PM
EagleWarrior Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

emueaglefootball Wrote:eastern matched centrals offer but the final decision was this job brings him closer to being the head strength coach at west virginia.....the most likely replacement for lawson will be mike szeryzen and believe me not everybodies as upset as you may think and the change will be better for the football program
I agree Lawson left to be with Jones and maybe the WV job but...EMU "did not" match CMU`s offer! (they werent even close)..and i never said "everybody" was upset with the move, alot of them are, I could name about 12 guys who are...maybe the guys who are not upset are the ones who dont want to work that hard, hopefully the new guy is just as hard or harder on them...Lawson leaving will be better for the program? is that a suggestion he was a detrement to the team?
02-06-2007 02:23 PM
Advertisement

EMUTRACK1574 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: EMU, CCSJ

They may not show it, but people are upset with the move. This is a crunch for the s&c program because they got rid of people more than two years ago due to budget cuts that would have been able to move right in to the position.

football chairshot Rex being hit by Indy's defense...

Sorry I'm still depressed about my bears. weeping
02-06-2007 05:02 PM
EagleWarrior Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Lawson
By no means was my intent for this topic to be controversial, was just wondering what other opinions were. I f we agree, thats ok, if we agree to disagree thats ok too, we all have our opinions and sources (i`ll trust mine)..lol.......bottom line is Lawson is gone!..im sure the kids are going to continue to work hard no matter who`s next as S&E coach...I just hope he is as tough as lawson was...and that was S&C not S&E....lol
02-06-2007 06:06 PM
emueaglefootball Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

your right they actually offered him more
02-06-2007 07:07 PM
huroncowboy Offline
1st String

Looks like Lawson's assistant is taking over the top spot. He was been with four programs based on an Eastern Echo article. I don't know which four programs but I would like to know.
02-06-2007 08:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.