Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

BASKETBALL RECRUITING
Bookmark and Share
Dennis Rachwal Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
BASKETBALL RECRUITING
FRAZIER HAD 23 LAST NIGHT IN A MILD UPSET VISTORY OVER ROMULAS. PERSHING lOST - SKIPPER?? REYES HAD 33 AGAINST MONROE IN A TRUMAN VISTORY. THE WHOLE TRUMAN TEAM ALONG WITH THEIR COACHES ATTENDED THE AKRON GAME THE OTHER NIGHT - WATCHING THEIR FORMER TEAMMATE BOWDREY PERFORM. I PERSONALL YLIKE REYES AS A PLAYER, HE'S AVERAGING 21 POINTS AND 11 REBOUNDS ON A 10-3 TEAM.

DON'T KNOW (DOES ANYONES ELSE?) IF PONTIAC NORTHERN AND WILLIAMS PLAYED LAST NIGHT?
02-03-2007 01:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

EMU09 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
Re: BASKETBALL RECRUITING
Dennis Rachwal Wrote:FRAZIER HAD 23 LAST NIGHT IN A MILD UPSET VISTORY OVER ROMULAS. PERSHING lOST - SKIPPER?? REYES HAD 33 AGAINST MONROE IN A TRUMAN VISTORY. THE WHOLE TRUMAN TEAM ALONG WITH THEIR COACHES ATTENDED THE AKRON GAME THE OTHER NIGHT - WATCHING THEIR FORMER TEAMMATE BOWDREY PERFORM. I PERSONALL YLIKE REYES AS A PLAYER, HE'S AVERAGING 21 POINTS AND 11 REBOUNDS ON A 10-3 TEAM.

DON'T KNOW (DOES ANYONES ELSE?) IF PONTIAC NORTHERN AND WILLIAMS PLAYED LAST NIGHT?

Williams and Northern played and beat Pontiac Central 64-53. Williams had an amazing game scoring 28 had 8 boards 4 blocks 4 assists and 3 steals he would be a incredable get for Eastern
02-03-2007 02:02 PM
Dennis Rachwal Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
emu09 - informationm source?
WHERE DID YOU GET THE CURRENT INFO ON WILLIAMS FROM pONTIAC NORTHERN?

JUST CURIOUS - AND YES HE WOULD BE A GREAT CATCH, I KNOW THE STAFF IS RECRUITING HIM VERY HARD BUT SO ARE OTHERS - WE COULD HAVE USED HIM IN TODAY'S DEBACLE WITH KENT WHO INCIDENTLY IS ALSO RECRUITING HIM

HE IS A GREAT ALL AROUND PLAYER AND ATHLETE ONLY NEEDS MORE CONSISTENCY ON HIS OUTSIDE SHOT BUT HE'S A SCORER!

HE ATTENDED OUR HOME OPENER THIS YEAR ALONG QWITH SKIPPER AND BROWN (JR GUARD FROM COUNTRY DAY)

MOLTEN, A 510 JR PG FROM PERSHING ATTENDED OTHE TOLEDO GAME AND REYES FROM TAYLOR TRUMAN ATTENDED OUR AKRON GAME. ARE YOU AWARE OF ANY OTHER POTENTIAL RECRUITS THAT HAVE MADE A PRESENCE AT THE CONVO? WE NEED HELP!

THANKS - ROCK
02-03-2007 08:00 PM
EMU09 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

I get my Williams stats out of the Oakland Press
02-03-2007 08:34 PM
Dennis Rachwal Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
Thanks EMU09
Any up to date season stats on Williams from Pontiac Northern??
02-03-2007 09:49 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
dennis, you got a scoop
EMU09 Wrote:I get my Williams stats out of the Oakland Press

Try checking the Oakland Press for their sports coverage of h.s. hoops.

Freep and Detnews for Detroit, Oakland Press for that county and A2 News for Washtenaw.
02-04-2007 05:57 AM
Advertisement

EMU09 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Williams Stats

Averaging 23.9 Pts. a game

Have any more stats or news on the Recruiting Front
02-08-2007 12:29 PM
Liam9903 Offline
Field Marshal

I Root For: WesternMichigan

So what is the EMU freshman class for 07-08

If I'm not mistaken the only seniors are Cashan and Knaub. That frees up two scholarships correct?
02-08-2007 03:04 PM
EMU09 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

We got Big Marvin Skipper 6-9 240 also we have a Walk on from Ypsi 5-10 Frazier who has put up impressive numbers this year so far. Which I believe leaves us with one Schlorship Left
02-08-2007 04:03 PM
TheWoodenNickle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: EMU

Skipper is listed as 6'8". I've read speculation that he is shorter. I wouldn't doubt this as most HS players add an inch or two to their real height. Regardless of his height, I just hope he can play.
02-08-2007 04:37 PM
Dennis Rachwal Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
One Scholarship left on Paper
Nothing new on the recruiting front - I'll keep you posted if I hear anything - Were their any prospective recruits at the Miami game?

Frazier is averaging around 18 ppg

Skipper has been often injured and has missed several games thuis season but hit for 18 in a PSL Playoff loss to Redford - I've seen him play in the Motror City Roundball classica against Saginaw AH - a close game - He did well, big and string and had 13 points an I believe 11 boards - will provides some muscle next season
02-08-2007 06:04 PM
Advertisement

Liam9903 Offline
Field Marshal

I Root For: WesternMichigan

I hope that Skipper is better than Cashan. Though that wouldn't be very difficult.
02-09-2007 02:45 PM
slick Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
he can't be any worse,can he?
Liam9903 Wrote:I hope that Skipper is better than Cashan. Though that wouldn't be very difficult.
02-09-2007 05:01 PM
DexterEagle Away
1st String

I Root For: EMU, MSU, SVSU,

Liam9903 Wrote:I hope that Skipper is better than Cashan. Though that wouldn't be very difficult.

That's Cashen you cheap shot artist.
02-09-2007 08:46 PM
huroncowboy Offline
1st String

I got to meet Craig's parents at the Eagle Crest after the Ford Field game and they are two of the nicest people you want to meet. Very class people and fun to talk to. Craig may not be the most gifted player on the team but he is steady and he stuck with the program when others left it. To me that shows character to stick some tough situtations out. Not only that Craig won the IPFW game with a sweet three point shot at the buzzer.
02-10-2007 07:40 AM
TheWoodenNickle Offline
Heisman

It sounds like EMU has one open schollie right now. The question is - how should Rams use it?

I think he's fortunate in that there is not one definite need on the team. Rams can seemingly recruit the best student-athlete regardless of position. EMU has some young players at almost every position. One thing they could always use is a true scorer...the kind of guy who's gonna eventually put up 15-20 every game. Also, I don't think EMU needs another JUCO. In order to have balanced classes they need to sign a HS kid.

EMU appears to be ready to have the break-out season we've long waited for next year. Rams just needs to get one more piece to the puzzle.
02-10-2007 07:50 AM
Advertisement

emu steve Offline
Legend

Agree
TheWoodenNickle Wrote:It sounds like EMU has one open schollie right now. The question is - how should Rams use it?

EMU appears to be ready to have the break-out season we've long waited for next year. Rams just needs to get one more piece to the puzzle.

I believe hoops is getting ready for a breakout season.

I'm now becoming more pessimistic about FB. Folks want to be optimistic but coming off a 1-win season with the attrition continuing unabated is not good.

Wednesday's signees aren't going to save the program - everyone signed players Wednesday.

How did we do something that others did not do????

P.S. I was optimistic in the 90s with the extensive work done on campus, Rynearson, Convo, library, etc. etc but the '00s haven't been good for EMU. We got a new student union and a new residence hall but that is about it.

We had an up and coming FB program in '95 and a high flying hoops team too.

One might be headed up (APPEARS to be headed up - hasn't done it yet) and the other is struggling badly.

Attendance is continuing to decline to very bad levels. Athletic budgets are really bare done.

Sorry for being pessimistic but posters saying "Hey, I got a degree from EMU and my salary has gone up 10% a year, etc. etc." doesn't change the dynamic that this U is not having a good decade on any basis I can tell.

I believe both CMU and WMU are doing much better. I checked with someone who knows this kind of stuff and CMU is growing. We are not.
02-10-2007 10:19 AM
Dennis Rachwal Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
Agree - needs a consistent scorer
Williams from Pontiac Northern would be a great fit! He had 23 last night and is averaging around 23.8 ppg on a team with talent.

Reyes from Taylot Truman could fit the scorer's bill as well.

Frazier had 16 in a one sided Ypsi win last night - he can shoot, is small but may help at PG as a preferred walk on.

EMU has one scollie left on paper but that could change with a transfer out of the program - usually happens in April - who knows!
02-10-2007 10:19 AM
EMUAARON Offline
1st String

I Root For: Hurons

who do you think is likely to transfer? I thought Gay would be all but gone after spending a year and a half on the bench, but now he is getting playing time and Ramsey appears to trust him, so who knows?

I agree with the poster who said we don't need a JUCO. We have a lot of young talent right now, and a JUCO coming in to play over them would only hamper the underclassmen's growth.

I'm not sure how many of the unsigned seniors in Michigan are MAC caliber besides Williams. Too bad we don't have Dusty kicking around Indiana again.
02-10-2007 11:34 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

Agree, Aaron
The only reason to take a transfer would be the 'missing piece' or desperate for a big man (like we've done well with JUCO big men 03-weeping ). We aren't one player from a NCAA or NIT bid and Ramsey has his big men (Dobbins, Skipper).

I think Ramsey will continue to do what he's been doing and hope in two years his team will be both very talented and very experienced.
02-10-2007 11:54 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.