Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

One piece of good news about NIU/Toledo
Bookmark and Share
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
One piece of good news about NIU/Toledo
We wont have to go back to Toledo for the campus site post season first round game, they will have a bye, whew!
01-22-2007 07:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HuskiemobileMan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, MAC, Cubs
Donators

There aren't any campus site games this year.
01-22-2007 08:28 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

HuskiemobileMan Wrote:There aren't any campus site games this year.

Major oversight on my part, completely forgot about that, thanks! Ok there is no bright spot to yesterday.
01-22-2007 08:39 AM
HuskiemobileMan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, MAC, Cubs
Donators

MaddDawgz02 Wrote:

Major oversight on my part, completely forgot about that, thanks! Ok there is no bright spot to yesterday.
With every game we get closer to a "new start" with men's basketball. There is a positive. 03-melodramatic
01-22-2007 08:48 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NIUtrav09 Offline
Huskies and Illini. Get over it!

I Root For: NIU and U of I

About time! Do all teams make the tourney though??
01-22-2007 08:52 AM
niubrad00 Offline
Boss

I Root For: NIU

MaddDawgz02 Wrote:

Even YOU admit that there are no bright spots? Oh no, we must be REALLY REALLY bad now. 03-melodramatic ;-)
01-22-2007 08:58 AM
Advertisement

MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

niubrad00 Wrote:
MaddDawgz02 Wrote:

Even YOU admit that there are no bright spots? Oh no, we must be REALLY REALLY bad now. 03-melodramatic ;-)

Im not that crazy, 30+ turnovers in a game, that is just mind blowing. Does it mean it is a bad team, especially once people come back from injury, no way! But yesterday was a miserable performance.
01-22-2007 09:01 AM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators

MaddDawgz02 Wrote:
niubrad00 Wrote:
MaddDawgz02 Wrote:

Im not that crazy, 30+ turnovers in a game, that is just mind blowing. Does it mean it is a bad team, especially once people come back from injury, no way! But yesterday was a miserable performance.

Not really, MD! We shot about 63% for the game and outrebounded Toledo. I see nothing but good for this team from this point on. The MAC West crown is ours to lose, and I just don't see that happening without a major fight. Now that the Toledo game is over, I see several wins down the road for us. We will be in the thick of the MAC West race before long. Think positive, MD!!
01-22-2007 09:24 AM
gcd Offline
All American

I Root For:

good chance the bball team will not win another game. When in a losing grip like this, it does not get easier. I am sure these kids try hard but they are just not good enough. This is not what you want in the coach's 6th season. Its hard to understand, you just need to get 3 good players a year, not 25, just 3. Given the facilities and the wealth of local talent, it just should not be this hard.
01-22-2007 10:50 AM
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

MaddDawgz02 Wrote:
niubrad00 Wrote:
MaddDawgz02 Wrote:

We force a lot of turnovers. Our players have quick hands and get a lot of steals too.

Opponents Turnovers Last Four Games:
vs NIU - 33 turnovers (18 steals)
at EMU - 22 turnovers (8 steals)
vs WMU - 21 turnovers (12 steals)
at CMU - 19 turnovers (12 steals)
01-22-2007 10:52 AM
dynovinyl Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU

WE HAD 33 TURN OVERS, 18 OF WHICH WERE STOLEN FROM US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????????
01-22-2007 11:00 AM
Advertisement

HuskieFan84 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, White Sox

Those numbers still make us look awful RF. 33 is sadly quite a few more then anyone else. We are just a very sad team right now. I'm not big on firing anyone, but Judson will find another job as an assistant somewhere, it's time for him to go.
01-22-2007 11:01 AM
onlinepole Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NU & NIU

gcd Wrote:good chance the bball team will not win another game. When in a losing grip like this, it does not get easier. I am sure these kids try hard but they are just not good enough. This is not what you want in the coach's 6th season. Its hard to understand, you just need to get 3 good players a year, not 25, just 3. Given the facilities and the wealth of local talent, it just should not be this hard.

In regard to hoops I agree 100%, NIU has better facilities than EIU, WIU, CH St, and Loyola. SIU' s arena is 40 years old. The Convo Center seats 1200 more than Welsh Ryan(NU) and is on campus while Bradley's venue isn't.
There are close states surrounding NIU with few hoops programs. MO has only 5 (SEMO & UMKC are bad and draw poorly), MN has only 1. With an almost brand new facility seating 9500, being within 100 miles of 2 major markets (CH & MILW) within 200 of another (Indy) and within 300 of 3 more (St Louis, DT and Minny); there's no reason this program shouldn't be competing for the MAC title.
01-22-2007 11:12 AM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

Dog Fan Wrote:
MaddDawgz02 Wrote:
niubrad00 Wrote:
MaddDawgz02 Wrote:

Not really, MD! We shot about 63% for the game and outrebounded Toledo. I see nothing but good for this team from this point on. The MAC West crown is ours to lose, and I just don't see that happening without a major fight. Now that the Toledo game is over, I see several wins down the road for us. We will be in the thick of the MAC West race before long. Think positive, MD!!

Im going to take a wild stab and assume you have alot of sarcasm here. :) I did not know whether you were serious or not about all those optimistic predictions.
01-22-2007 11:31 AM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators

MaddDawgz02 Wrote:
Dog Fan Wrote:
MaddDawgz02 Wrote:
niubrad00 Wrote:
MaddDawgz02 Wrote:

Im going to take a wild stab and assume you have alot of sarcasm here. :) I did not know whether you were serious or not about all those optimistic predictions.

If we can just limit the turnovers, it should be smooth sailing for us. We are shooting well, rebounding well, and have a great coach. We WILL be a team to contend with by playoffs. Chin up...brighter days are ahead!!
01-22-2007 11:38 AM
NIUbro Offline
1st String

I Root For:

From another point of view..NIU part of a record..18 steals...

http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll.../701220364
01-22-2007 03:19 PM
Advertisement

epasnoopy Online
Diehard Huskie

onlinepole Wrote:
gcd Wrote:good chance the bball team will not win another game. When in a losing grip like this, it does not get easier. I am sure these kids try hard but they are just not good enough. This is not what you want in the coach's 6th season. Its hard to understand, you just need to get 3 good players a year, not 25, just 3. Given the facilities and the wealth of local talent, it just should not be this hard.

In regard to hoops I agree 100%, NIU has better facilities than EIU, WIU, CH St, and Loyola. SIU' s arena is 40 years old. The Convo Center seats 1200 more than Welsh Ryan(NU) and is on campus while Bradley's venue isn't.
There are close states surrounding NIU with few hoops programs. MO has only 5 (SEMO & UMKC are bad and draw poorly), MN has only 1. With an almost brand new facility seating 9500, being within 100 miles of 2 major markets (CH & MILW) within 200 of another (Indy) and within 300 of 3 more (St Louis, DT and Minny); there's no reason this program shouldn't be competing for the MAC title.

Northwestern's arena looks like an overglorified high school gym.
01-22-2007 03:46 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies

rocketfootball Wrote:Our players have quick hands and get a lot of steals too.
I was wondering where my wallet went. 05-duck
01-22-2007 07:18 PM
NIUtrav09 Offline
Huskies and Illini. Get over it!

I Root For: NIU and U of I

epasnoopy Wrote:
onlinepole Wrote:

Northwestern's arena looks like an overglorified high school gym.

Yeah but venues alone aren't going to win recruits. Bradley went to the Sweet 16 last year and will be in some form of post season this year (Big Dance or NIT). We obviously can't compete with that. Most people would even choose NW over NIU because of academics and the fact that it's in the Big Ten. Then again, not many good athletes qualify academically at NW, which is why they suck every year.

However when I went to the EIU-NIU game 3 yrs ago in Charleston I heard the EIU coach say to a HS coach "No way we can compete with NIU in recruiting with their new arena." True but out-recruiting EIU isn't much to celebrate over.
01-22-2007 07:36 PM
NIUSAE Offline
All American

I Root For:

Also, on UT's roster they have 4 kids from Chicago(the city proper), we have 1. I was at the game.....Paradise threw away, just threw the ball when no one was looking or over someones head at least 5 times. Payne made him and Lipkins look like 8th graders with all of his steals. Also we must have had 15 unforced turnovers, players dribbling and just loosing the ball, bad passes etc. McKinney just goes through the motions. He literally gave the ball back to Toledo without a fight and doesn't play defense. He's a slacker. Our guards have to be the worst in the MAC. Dribbling behind their back is an adventure. We had two or three turnovers as a result of not being able to dribble. I was astonished at how bad they are...

The sad part is Toledo didn't play great and even though the score widened in the second half...It never really felt like NIU was out of it until about 7 minutes left.

On a side note one of my daughters went over behind the NIU bench and she said either one of the assts was mad w/Judson because he wouldn't put in a specific player or the asst was mad at a player.

Attendance #'s were not as high as listed (6000) I would be shocked if the actual butt's in seats was 3000.
01-22-2007 09:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.