Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Football scheduling
The Flash Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent State
Football scheduling
http://www.recordpub.com/news/article/1175371

1. I hope that they don't play a 1-AA school.

2. Playing at Temple again is a crock of crap Screw them. The contract says they come to Dix so they should.

3. Playing in Cleveland is a nightmare unless they schedule a double header with Akron. The attendance will be pathetic. Play these guys at Dix. Build the home crowd. Cleveland doesn't care about Kent.

4. I don't like opening the season with a MAC game.

5. The Friday after Thanksgiving is a disaster. No students around. Laing, remember 2005...

I'm done...
12-15-2006 06:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

FlashFan Offline
Heisman

1. Agreed. Except if it's YSU so we can kick the crap out of them and shut 'em up.

2. Ditto, Flash.

3. Ditto Due, Flash

4. Got to disagree here. Remember when we got 18K for Liberty on a nice fall night two years ago? I especially like opening against Miami or BG to build interest, because i think we beat both of them next year.

5. Triple Ditto, Flash. What the He** is Laing thinking when he says he loves the idea?
12-15-2006 07:10 PM
The Flash Offline
All American

FF,

I'll give you the attendance boost on the MAC opener. I just hate having a game that means so much (I hope!) that early. You'd like a couple of games to get the bugs out before conference season.
12-15-2006 08:51 PM
Advertisement

KSUDan Offline
Special Teams

There isn't really much that excites me about this schedule so far. I feel as though we are backtracking.
12-16-2006 01:32 AM
delflash Offline
2nd String

The Illinois web site still shows Kent State playing in Champaign on 10/27. However, another website (stub hub) has Ball State there on the same day.
12-16-2006 05:48 AM
Advertisement

AlphaFlash Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent St. & UNC

I think playing Ohio State is dumb. Why can't we stop basking in their stink? We got a Big-10 team here once, lets do it again. It seems like when the truth about the D1 attendance requirement surfaced, we went back to scheduling crap.
12-16-2006 09:31 AM
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

I Root For: Kent State/James Madison

Wasn't the home game against Temple in football basically traded to them for a home game against their b-ball team?
12-18-2006 12:39 AM
Advertisement

KStud Offline
1st String

I Root For:

I don't know why the outrage over anything having to do with the Temple scheduling. The road game there this past season was perfect because it gave KSU a I-A road win out of conference. We got the home basketball game. That is what we wanted.

Temple is joining the MAC next football season, and they are in the East. Because of the schedule rotation, KSU already has three East games at home. Buffalo, Miami and BG. OU and Akron are road games, and Temple will be added. This really just takes the place of going to play in a second Western Division opponent's stadium. Considering KSU's lack of success even in their decent years at Western opponents, I will take this trade any day.

I really don't care about playing a I-AA opponent. Hopefully, it is a good chance to get another win. The "crowd" at the OU game showed that weather is more important than opponent or even in some cases winning to attendance.
12-18-2006 06:17 PM
FunkmasterFlash Offline
1st String

1. I'd like a I-aa game on a Thrusday night early on to boost attendnece and team confidence. Make sure it's a bad I-aa team.

2. Screw Temple

3. What I don't like is having OU and BG coming into NE Ohio. If the game is marketed correctly it could be a nice event with a decent crowd, and gets us some attention in Cleveland.

4. Agree, I'd play a 1-aa team here first Thrusday of classes.

5. Agree
12-20-2006 05:33 PM
UCBearcat4ever Offline
All American

I Root For: Bearcats

The Navy Scout.com site, has you guys playing them on November 17th
12-21-2006 10:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.