Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ESPN Should be ashamed
Bookmark and Share
FearTheRoo Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
ESPN Should be ashamed
I am in a hotel. I am flipping stations. I come across the Miami-BG game on EPSN2. The score is Miami 9 BG 7 with 8:00 to go in the game. The two bums doing the play by play immediately launch in to an OSU rant that included clips of OSU's win over northwestern and a photo/stats feature on screen of Troy Smith. ALL WHILE THE MIAMI/BG GAME WAS GOING ON!!! For about two minutes of game clock, they didn't even mention any of the action in a 2 point game in the last minutes of the game!!!! It wasn't until the 5:00 mark that they finally started talk about the game and acknowledged that is was a close one!!! WTF??

ESPN should be ashamed!!!!!
11-15-2006 10:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Okie Chippewa Offline
All American

I Root For: The MAC

It's called self-promotion.

Just like their 24-hour coverage of the Bobby Knight Correctional Institute. It's getting to the point it's more about ESPN then the events they cover.
11-15-2006 10:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Airport KC Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mid American

Thank god the Miami-BG game had a lot of drama at the end.......coming down to the last play......it forced the announcers to pay attention.

And once again..

1.We are not Ohio U.......Ohio is all the name we need

2.We are not 7-5.....we are 7-3
11-15-2006 10:48 PM
niubrad00 Offline
Boss

I Root For: NIU
Re: ESPN Should be ashamed
FearTheRoo Wrote:I am in a hotel. I am flipping stations. I come across the Miami-BG game on EPSN2. The score is Miami 9 BG 7 with 8:00 to go in the game. The two bums doing the play by play immediately launch in to an OSU rant that included clips of OSU's win over northwestern and a photo/stats feature on screen of Troy Smith. ALL WHILE THE MIAMI/BG GAME WAS GOING ON!!! For about two minutes of game clock, they didn't even mention any of the action in a 2 point game in the last minutes of the game!!!! It wasn't until the 5:00 mark that they finally started talk about the game and acknowledged that is was a close one!!! WTF??

No, they're not ashamed and they shouldn't be.

Wake up and get a clue.

What do you think people want to see more.......a #1 vs. #2 preview or 2 $hitty MAC teams? Sorry, but those are the facts and this is reality.

And yes I would have/did say the same thing about the NIU/Toledo game when this happened.
11-15-2006 10:54 PM
CountryRedHawk Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Airport KC Wrote:Thank god the Miami-BG game had a lot of drama at the end.......coming down to the last play......it forced the announcers to pay attention.

And once again..

Yes you are.

You are Ohio U. and you are Miami's b!tch. 05-stirthepot
11-15-2006 10:55 PM
Semper Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Had a Ohio State/Michigan promo during the Toledo/Ball State game yesterday too. Isn't there another game tomorrow between a couple of MAC teams that ESPN is going to get to use to help promote the Buckeye/Wolverine matchup on Saturday?
11-15-2006 10:59 PM
Advertisement

NIU02 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: NIU

Airport KC Wrote:Thank god the Miami-BG game had a lot of drama at the end.......coming down to the last play......it forced the announcers to pay attention.

And once again..

I was wondering how you guys had already played 6 non-conference games. Way to add up a few numbers ESPN fact checker. 04-chairshot
11-15-2006 11:07 PM
MadEagle Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
Re: ESPN Should be ashamed
FearTheRoo Wrote:I am in a hotel. I am flipping stations. I come across the Miami-BG game on EPSN2. The score is Miami 9 BG 7 with 8:00 to go in the game. The two bums doing the play by play immediately launch in to an OSU rant that included clips of OSU's win over northwestern and a photo/stats feature on screen of Troy Smith. ALL WHILE THE MIAMI/BG GAME WAS GOING ON!!! For about two minutes of game clock, they didn't even mention any of the action in a 2 point game in the last minutes of the game!!!! It wasn't until the 5:00 mark that they finally started talk about the game and acknowledged that is was a close one!!! WTF??

Dont feel to bad man, When Southern Miss played Memphis a couple of Sundays a go on ESPN the whole game the two play by play guys were talking about the upcoming Louisville and Rutgers game. I mean thats the first thing they talked about not who was playing in the game or what it meant to C-USA. It was all Louisville and Rutgers. I think our conference commisoners need to get together and discuss this with ESPN and make sure sh!t like this doesnt happen next season.
11-16-2006 02:53 AM
Metropolis777 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: TCU

No offense, but this is exactly why we in the MWC left ESPN. They put us on $hitty nights and then didn't bother to talk about the game that they were calling. They were too busy hyping their weekend games or doing their "Friday night debate" crap.

Since moving to CSTV and Vs., I've watched games where the announcers actually talked about the teams on the field. I admit that our market penetration has dropped thanks to this deal. But, our new networks are actually treating us with respect.

I'd love to see the MAC jump on board with Vs. and take the early slot on Saturday afternoons. I'm sure they'd treat you with the respect you deserve.
11-16-2006 03:23 AM
bobcatgrad Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: OHIO & MACtion

CountryRedHawk Wrote:

And once again..

Yes you are.

You will get yours redchicken, just wait a little longer... 05-mafia

;-)
11-16-2006 03:28 AM
bobcatgrad Offline
Special Teams

Airport KC Wrote:And once again..

Seriously, it is time for the university to send out an official letter to all of the sports broadcasters so they get it right. Ohio University has already come out and put it in writing in a football season prospectus I think it was a couple of years back informing people that Ohio U. is an inproper way to call the university. It is time to spread the word. Even the MAC announcers during the Kent - OHIO game were calling us Ohio U.

We are OHIO, OU, and Ohio University, but we are not Ohio U. The U. is just put there to distinguish us from OSU.
11-16-2006 03:42 AM
Advertisement

CountryRedHawk Offline
1st String

I Root For:

bobcatgrad Wrote:
CountryRedHawk Wrote:

And once again..

Yes you are.

;-)

I'm hoping Akron takes you guys out. That way you'll come into the Miami game needing a win to get the MACC. Then Miami can annihilate your petty hopes and dreams of a MAC championship, and a bowl game. HA! That would be SO sweet. Make Miami's season all better. 3-9? remember that year? Oh yea! That was the last year Ohio U got close to a MACC and a Bowl game!

p.s. How are those Fighting Frankies? ;-)
11-16-2006 04:43 AM
bobcatgrad Offline
Special Teams

CountryRedHawk Wrote:
bobcatgrad Wrote:
CountryRedHawk Wrote:

And once again..

Yes you are.

;-)

I'm hoping Akron takes you guys out. That way you'll come into the Miami game needing a win to get the MACC. Then Miami can annihilate your petty hopes and dreams of a MAC championship, and a bowl game. HA! That would be SO sweet. Make Miami's season all better. 3-9? remember that year? Oh yea! That was the last year Ohio U got close to a MACC and a Bowl game!

p.s. How are those Fighting Frankies? ;-)

Ahh yes, when redchickens dream they actually think that they can fly again.

;-)

P.S. You can call us Big Green. Which is apparently the name they called us when they went to our last bowl game. That would be especially fitting this year. ;-)
11-16-2006 06:12 AM
Rightupinthere Offline
Mercenary of Churlishness

I Root For: BG 1st; MAC 2nd

bobcatgrad Wrote:We are OHIO, OU, and Ohio University, but we are not Ohio U. The U. is just put there to distinguish us from OSU.
May I make a suggestion?

Ohio(U)
11-16-2006 06:30 AM
Zip81 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Akron-BGSU-MAC

bobcatgrad Wrote:

Seriously, it is time for the university to send out an official letter to all of the sports broadcasters so they get it right. Ohio University has already come out and put it in writing in a football season prospectus I think it was a couple of years back informing people that Ohio U. is an inproper way to call the university. It is time to spread the word. Even the MAC announcers during the Kent - OHIO game were calling us Ohio U.

We are OHIO, OU, and Ohio University, but we are not Ohio U. The U. is just put there to distinguish us from OSU.

Never happen. You can't undo 100 years of branding as Ohio U and expect the great unwashed to turn on a dime.

Personally, I think they should just give up on the Ohio thing and just go back to Ohio U, OU. There's nothing wrong with that and you've got a lot of brand equity in that name....so use it.
11-16-2006 06:53 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

bobcatgrad Wrote:

Puhleeze.

It's UT not TU

It's UCF not Central Florida

It's the artist formerly known as prince

It's not frat, it's fraternity, after all, you wouldn't call your country a blank.
11-16-2006 06:54 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BrewtownBronco Offline
2nd String

I Root For: WMU
yes!
Metropolis777 Wrote:No offense, but this is exactly why we in the MWC left ESPN. They put us on $hitty nights and then didn't bother to talk about the game that they were calling. They were too busy hyping their weekend games or doing their "Friday night debate" crap.

Since moving to CSTV and Vs., I've watched games where the announcers actually talked about the teams on the field. I admit that our market penetration has dropped thanks to this deal. But, our new networks are actually treating us with respect.

I'd love to see the MAC jump on board with Vs. and take the early slot on Saturday afternoons. I'm sure they'd treat you with the respect you deserve.

amen
11-16-2006 07:24 AM
klingon288 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Buffalo
Crappies

How about Ohio(G) vs Ohio®? 03-yawn
11-16-2006 08:11 AM
Eagle66 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ohio

Zip81 Wrote:
bobcatgrad Wrote:

Never happen. You can't undo 100 years of branding as Ohio U and expect the great unwashed to turn on a dime.

Personally, I think they should just give up on the Ohio thing and just go back to Ohio U, OU. There's nothing wrong with that and you've got a lot of brand equity in that name....so use it.

Southwest Missouri State recently changed their schools name to just Missouri State. They've been around since 1905, and no one seems to have a problem leaving off the Southwest.
11-16-2006 08:13 AM
Zip81 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Akron-BGSU-MAC

Eagle66 Wrote:
Zip81 Wrote:[quote="bobcatgrad"][quote="Airport KC"]

And once again..

Southwest Missouri State recently changed their schools name to just Missouri State. They've been around since 1905, and no one seems to have a problem leaving off the Southwest.

Officially changing the name of the University is completely different than what you just want to be known by.
11-16-2006 08:30 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.