Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

12Kzoo
Bookmark and Share
cyberdawg Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
12Kzoo
WMU attendance today = 12+ K

I would hope their low turnout had to do with adverse weather conditions.

Sure hope we at least match that or better Tuesday nite.

Forecast not looking all that bad.

CMU-WMU game should be entertaining. Don't imagine comcast will air Fri nite game here.
11-04-2006 11:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

niu079193 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

are u kidding, 12K?, 12K?
Yes we will have more than 12K on Tuesday.
11-04-2006 11:30 PM
Comrade Doug Offline
2nd String

I Root For: NIU,Hawks,Cubs

12k is horrible.
11-05-2006 12:06 AM
Advertisement

RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies

Cybes will hate this but we need to really consider moving on. I appreciate the MAC taking us back and allowing us to grow and become a decent football school but the MAC is as good as it is going to get. Now what is happening is the top teams are losing attendance imho for several reasons(and all are really intertwined with one another):

1. The price of tickets for "top" MAC teams
2. the competition-why would someone pay $25 to see us play Buffalo?
3. the top teams have dominated so long that casual fans "get bored"(I believe this has been partly the cause for Toledo's drop the last couple years)
4. They also hate paying to see losing teams(Cubs are an exception)
5. Very few true fans-many are really bigger fans of other teams(OSU, Mich, ND, Il, Iowa etc)
6. weather-not much can be done here
7.TV
11-05-2006 12:24 AM
niubrad00 Offline
Boss

I Root For: NIU

RobertN Wrote:Cybes will hate this but we need to really consider moving on. I appreciate the MAC taking us back and allowing us to grow and become a decent football school but the MAC is as good as it is going to get. Now what is happening is the top teams are losing attendance imho for several reasons(and all are really intertwined with one another):

1. The price of tickets for "top" MAC teams
2. the competition-why would someone pay $25 to see us play Buffalo?
3. the top teams have dominated so long that casual fans "get bored"(I believe this has been partly the cause for Toledo's drop the last couple years)
4. They also hate paying to see losing teams(Cubs are an exception)
5. Very few true fans-many are really bigger fans of other teams(OSU, Mich, ND, Il, Iowa etc)
6. weather-not much can be done here
7.TV

I completely agree. However, we can't just pick up and move to a different (better) conference because we feel like it.
11-05-2006 12:26 AM
Advertisement

epasnoopy Online
Diehard Huskie

I Root For: NIU Huskies
Re: 12Kzoo
cyberdawg Wrote:WMU attendance today = 12+ K

I would hope their low turnout had to do with adverse weather conditions.

Sure hope we at least match that or better Tuesday nite.

Forecast not looking all that bad.

CMU-WMU game should be entertaining. Don't imagine comcast will air Fri nite game here.

If they want to play in a bowl game they need to do better than that.
11-05-2006 12:49 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
niu079193 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

when WMU doesn't draw as many people at Ford Field as we do for a normal home game, the bowl committees will see it
11-05-2006 01:07 AM
Advertisement

Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU

Interesting editorials coming from a school averaging 21.8K per game toward a school averaging 20.1K per game. Hate to break the news to you gentlemen, but to bowl committees that gap is equivalent to the width of an atom.

If one unfortunate slip-up on a cold, windy evening does us in, then what happens, happens. I was at the game, so I did my part.

But reading through your posts, it sounds like you don't even need to worry about what WMU does. Just take care of business, get to 7 wins and you'll be set to go. The name "Garrett Wolfe" will get you into the post-season.
11-05-2006 02:30 AM
epasnoopy Online
Diehard Huskie

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Motown Bronco Wrote:Interesting editorials coming from a school averaging 21.8K per game toward a school averaging 20.1K per game. Hate to break the news to you gentlemen, but to bowl committees that gap is equivalent to the width of an atom.

That 20.1k average was before your game against Miami. That average is going to go down now.
11-05-2006 02:40 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU

Yes, down to 18.7K (if my calculations are correct).

Upper Teens vs. Low 20s. In the whole grand scheme of the NCAA Div 1A, we're talking a difference in peanuts. 07-coffee3

As I said, there's no use getting worked up when the Broncos pull out victories. Since bowls apparantly want Wolfe to promote their games, just get to Win #7 and the rest will take care of itself.
11-05-2006 02:52 AM
NiuCoils Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU HUSKIES

Donators

Motown Bronco Wrote:Yes, down to 18.7K (if my calculations are correct).

Upper Teens vs. Low 20s. In the whole grand scheme of the NCAA Div 1A, we're talking a difference in peanuts. 07-coffee3

As I said, there's no use getting worked up when the Broncos pull out victories. Since bowls apparantly want Wolfe to promote their games, just get to Win #7 and the rest will take care of itself.

I hope Motown is right about bowling.

Does anyone think our opener at Soldier Field next year will help our home attendance in DeKalb by arousing local Alumni? Also, does that game count as home attendance since it's considered a home game?
11-05-2006 02:50 PM
niubrad00 Offline
Boss

I Root For: NIU

NiuCoils Wrote:
Motown Bronco Wrote:Yes, down to 18.7K (if my calculations are correct).

I hope Motown is right about bowling.

Does anyone think our opener at Soldier Field next year will help our home attendance in DeKalb by arousing local Alumni? Also, does that game count as home attendance since it's considered a home game?

It could help attendance at Huskie Stadium if we win. Yes, that game will count as home attendance for us.
11-05-2006 02:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.