Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NCST ranked higher than Zips in computer polls
Bookmark and Share
zipsfan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Akron/MAC
NCST ranked higher than Zips in computer polls
The combined computer poll still has NCST ranked higher than the Zips after a road win; however, on a good note, one of the polls has the Zips ranked 24th.

http://www.masseyratings.com/cf/compare.htm

MAC rankings

Akron 56th
WMU 71th
OU 72nd
NIU 73rd
Toledo 77th
CMU 79th
BG 83rd
Miami 88th
BSU 91st
EMU 111th
UB 115th
KSU 116th

Temple 119th
09-11-2006 09:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest

I used to spend alot of time on r.s.f.c arguing about computer polls.

Most are crap, period.

But, ALL are crap this early in the season. If your assumptions override the facts, then your algorithm SUCKS, no matter how sophisticated it is.
09-11-2006 09:27 AM
MacLord Offline
All American

I Root For:

On what basis could that even be true? Based on games not yet played?

NC State played Appalachian State and Akron at home
Akron played Penn State and NC State on the road

Is App State somehow a tougher opponent than Penn State? Not on their best day, they're not.
09-11-2006 09:39 AM
MacLord Offline
All American

I Root For:

The other oddity is Purdue getting top 25 votes in both the AP and Coaches polls!
09-11-2006 03:09 PM
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest

MacLord Wrote:The other oddity is Purdue getting top 25 votes in both the AP and Coaches polls!

Purdue struggled w/ Indiana St in the first half of their game. But, people still think that Miami (IN) is a good team, so they probably thought the Boilermakers deserved credit for this victory.
09-11-2006 03:22 PM
HuskieDan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

DrTorch Wrote:I used to spend alot of time on r.s.f.c arguing about computer polls.

Most are crap, period.

But, ALL are crap this early in the season. If your assumptions override the facts, then your algorithm SUCKS, no matter how sophisticated it is.

Much like all polls, they really aren't terribly relevant until you start getting into November.

BTW - congrats on finally getting an avatar that works. ;-)
09-11-2006 08:01 PM
OUBOBCATJOHN Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Ohio Bobcats

The Marsee ratings predict Ohio will finish 10-2. Marsee has the Bobcats 29th in his Computer ratings. I guess anyone who played Ohio State is so high reguarded that it makes wins over Ohio State's opponnets look like beating a BCS team. MAC is still behind other non-bcs conferences. Akron keeps MAC from being behind the "Belt". MAC needs to have some BCS wins this week. Toledo has a shot Friday. Big 12 North team at a MAC stadium is as good a shot at BCS win as it gets folks.
09-11-2006 09:26 PM
bobcat_backer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: OHIO

computer polls at this point in the season, especially in football, are nonsensical. even later in the season, they don't mean anything (in football, anyway). i wouldn't spend a lot of time or put a lot of stock in them. just my opinion.
09-12-2006 08:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.