BobcatsFan Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
OHIO defeats Tennessee-Martin!!
Final score:
OHIO 29
UT MARTIN 3

02-13-banana 02-13-banana 02-13-banana 02-13-banana

Nice win on a cold, rainy night in Athens. The defense and special teams were nearly flawless...the offense needs some tweaking before NIU. Hard to tell too much from games vs. 1AA opponents, but all in all a great start to the year. On to DeKalb for what is hopefully an excellent game!!
09-02-2006 09:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CMichFan Offline

I Root For: CMU

Crappies

Excellent. At least someone bagged an OOC win! :dance:
09-02-2006 09:51 PM
darkhelmet Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Buffalo Bulls

CMichFan Wrote:Excellent. At least someone bagged an OOC win! :dance:

Hey! Temple isn't a Conference member yet!!! ;-)
09-02-2006 10:03 PM
CMichFan Offline

I Root For: CMU

Crappies

Quote:Hey! Temple isn't a Conference member yet!!! ;-)

Sorry, I meant to say "someone else"!
09-02-2006 10:32 PM
Advertisement

theOUPDT Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

I'm glad we won this game but I don't think this opponent deserves a thread title with two exclamation points.
09-02-2006 10:53 PM
OUBOBCATJOHN Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Ohio Bobcats

Hey, Any MAC win OOC is cause for excitement. Ohio is happy to get wins over anybody. Were still taking baby steps. MAC had 2 wins this week. D-AA had three wins this week vs D-A teams. Fortunately, our defense and special teams kept us from being number 4 for D-AA. Bobcats are now 5-7 in the Solich era. A .416 winning percentage. Were now 2-2 OOC under Solich and were 4-2 in Peden under Solich. We have won our home opener 4 years in a row. Tonite was a must win and we got it. Our next three games:
@NIU - has the Wolfe (over 150 yds today) and its their home opener.
@Rutgers- beat BCS team on road.
@Missouri- scored 47 points today against Missouri State.

Next three weeks were big underdogs. We just need to get better each week and hope we are much better when October comes around.
09-02-2006 11:32 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC

Although OSU is of course the #1 team, I think NIU's defense is not very happy with being pummelled in the first quarter today. Methinks there will be a lot of hard hitting next Saturday. Hopefully somebody on offense besides Wolfe will show up.

Go MAC!

Go Huskies!
09-03-2006 01:51 AM
Advertisement

bobcat_backer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: OHIO

I agree that two exclamation points and a topic line may be too much for a win over UT-M, but think how embarrassing it would have been if we had lost! it was a good win for the program to get back on the right track after three straight losses to end last year. and it was a great effort on defense and special teams. hopefully the offense will get its act together before we go into Dekalb next week.

the students WERE great, especially considering this is move-in weekend. that side of the stands was packed and a lot of them stayed till the end, even with the less-than-ideal conditions and a game that wasn't that close or that exciting (i.e., sloppy weather, sloppy game!).

all in all, a great night for Ohio football! let's hope there are more good times to come! three road games in a row will be quite telling.
09-03-2006 03:29 PM
steer Offline
1st String

I Root For: WMU

For those who think OU's over T-M victory was a good one:

Two years ago WMU played T-M and defeated them handily. WMU's only victory. WMU went on to a 1-10 season.
09-04-2006 10:41 PM
Frozenbaugh Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ball State

I still laugh every time I see the post headline with 2 subsequent exclamation points.

If you didn't beat TM by that score, wouldn't you be disappointed?
09-05-2006 06:53 AM
Advertisement

BobcatsFan Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Frozenbaugh Wrote:I still laugh every time I see the post headline with 2 subsequent exclamation points.

All I know is that we are 1-0 and ALL other MAC teams (save UB and Ball State) have a goose egg in the win column. Until we get a blemish in the loss column I'll put 50 exclamation points in the post headline! 05-mafia

OHIO FOOTBALL 2006: THE BLITZ IS ON!
09-05-2006 02:17 PM
DevilGrad Offline
All American

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Heck, DEAN Martin would have reached the end zone at least once. That guy could score.
09-05-2006 02:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Frozenbaugh Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ball State

BobcatsFan Wrote:
Frozenbaugh Wrote:I still laugh every time I see the post headline with 2 subsequent exclamation points.

All I know is that we are 1-0 and ALL other MAC teams (save UB and Ball State) have a goose egg in the win column. Until we get a blemish in the loss column I'll put 50 exclamation points in the post headline! 05-mafia

OHIO FOOTBALL 2006: THE BLITZ IS ON!

You have a point. Maybe every team should start out their first game with the Our Lady of Perpetual Sorrow's football club.
09-05-2006 03:21 PM
Advertisement

niubrad00 Offline
Boss

I Root For: NIU

It was an impressive victory as the Bobcats rolled up 144 yards of offense on the stingy Tennesee-Martin defense.

No, that's not a typo.

144 YARDS OF OFFENSE
09-05-2006 04:04 PM
OUBOBCATJOHN Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Ohio Bobcats

Offense is what it is. the Defense had 8 points and gave up 3, the kicker had 9 points and the offense had 12 points. Bobcats need to get great play from the defense. They need a pass rush that forces the other team to make big mistakes. Its all on the D-line with this team. If they don't get to the QB and disrupt the other team we lose. If we do, then we have a chance to win some games. Bobcats are the Baltimore Ravens of the MAC.
09-05-2006 09:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.