MAC Basketball & Football All-Time Winning Percentages
Bookmark and Share
mollautt Offline
1st String

I Root For: Miami RedHawks
MAC Basketball & Football All-Time Winning Percentages
=>The lists:

BASKETBALL

1. Akron .599 (50th Overall-14th Among Mid-majors Conference teams)
2. Toledo .590
3. Ohio U. .568
4. Miami . 554
5. BUGS .551
6. Ball State .534
7. WMU .527
8. CMU .520
9. Buffalo .503
10. EMU .498
11. NIU .471
12. Kent . 470

http://www.ncaa.org/stats/m_basketball/a...e_wins.pdf

FOOTBALL
1. Miami .638 (#15 Overall, #2 Among Non-BCS Schools, #1 Among Non-BCS Schools in All-time wins)
2. CMU .607
3. BUGS .559
4. WMU .561
5. Toledo .551
6. NIU .528
7. Ball St. .524
8. Akron .514
9. Ohio U. .489
10. EMU .467
(Temple .438)
11. Buffalo .424
12. Kent .389

http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/mis...ng_pct.php

TOTAL COMPARISON
1. Miami 2.5 rank average
2. Toledo 3.5
3. BUGS 4.0
4. Akron 4.5
5. CMU 5.0
6. WMU 5.5
7. Ohio U. 6.0
8. Ball St. 6.5
9. NIU 8.5
10. Buffalo 10.0
-- EMU 10.0
12. Kent 12.0

CONCLUSION: Kick out Kent, they can't compete in either football or basketball! 05-stirthepot
08-26-2006 11:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Airport KC Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mid American

I've been saying it for years now........the league could survive without Kent State and Eastern Michigan.

However, IMHO it would do more for the MAC to add Temple as a all sport member than to kick out KSU or EMU.

You can only look to Atlantic 10 basketball to see an example of dead weight schools in a 14 school league like Duquense, LaSalle, Fordham......not spoiling it for Xavier, Temple, Charlotte.
08-26-2006 12:20 PM
OUBOBCATJOHN Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Ohio Bobcats

In basaketball, Miami and Ohio would rank 1 and 2 in terms of basketball tradition. Akron did most of their work outside the MAC. The MAC titles and NCAA trips are solid in Miami and Ohio favor. Ball State has a lot of titles too. Those are the big three in the MAC. They have the three biggest arenas too in the MAC.

Kent State basketball winning percentage is worse than Ohio football winning percentage. That shows how bad and how long Kent was dead last in the MAC in basketball.
08-26-2006 03:49 PM
Reno79 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Kent State

I am sure that MAC would survive without KSU and lately there are a growing number of vocal KSU supporters that believe it might work out better for Kent to leave as well. It is true that we suffer from an unfortunate MAC historical record and like a married couple that suffers through decades of a well intentioned, but ill fitting marriage maybe it would be better to call it a day and start over new somewhere else. While I don
08-27-2006 11:18 AM
Advertisement

Shrakk Offline
I bleed midnight blue

I Root For: Toledo Rockets!

[quote="Reno79"]
Finally I want to address the MAC office that has done little to support a struggling KSU
08-27-2006 12:00 PM
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

[quote="Shrakkrocket"][quote="Reno79"]
Finally I want to address the MAC office that has done little to support a struggling KSU
08-27-2006 12:59 PM
Shrakk Offline
I bleed midnight blue

[quote="axeme"][quote="Shrakkrocket"][quote="Reno79"]
08-27-2006 01:56 PM
Advertisement

axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

There's a difference between conspiracy theories, of which no KSU fans I know have, and simply stating that conference support would be helpful. Why you feel the need to exaggerate that into some grand theory, only you can say.

Quote:Plus our national coverage(games on ESPN) I think is directly responsible for our winning.

No. Your winning tradition is responsible for getting you the national coverage. It's not the other way around. 01-wingedeagle
Man, this became pointless in a hurry.
08-27-2006 03:23 PM
Roudebush Rocket Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Donators
Re: MAC Basketball & Football All-Time Winning Percentag
mollautt Wrote:=>The lists:

TOTAL COMPARISON
1. Miami 2.5 rank average
2. Toledo 3.5

I can't say that I'm surprised to see this. 04-rock
08-27-2006 03:25 PM
Shrakk Offline
I bleed midnight blue

axeme Wrote:There's a difference between conspiracy theories, of which no KSU fans I know have, and simply stating that conference support would be helpful. Why you feel the need to exaggerate that into some grand theory, only you can say.

Quote:Plus our national coverage(games on ESPN) I think is directly responsible for our winning.

No. Your winning tradition is responsible for getting you the national coverage. It's not the other way around. 01-wingedeagle
Man, this became pointless in a hurry.

sorry, working on little sleep. THAT"S WHAT I meant with my last statement.
08-27-2006 09:09 PM
Advertisement

OUBOBCATJOHN Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Ohio Bobcats

Kent State should move home games to Cleveland Browns Stadium. That could be the answer to their program. Kent State is a commuter school where students go home on weekends. Kent could be like Temple playing a schedule that brings in a Ohio State, Pitt or Cincinnati to Cleveland every year.
08-27-2006 10:40 PM
Reno79 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Kent State

What many of you fellow MAC members many not realize is that an important debate is taking shape around the future of football at Kent State. It looks somewhat likely that attendance sanctions of some sort or another will likely befall our football program. This gives us an opportunity to look at our football direction and discuss what if anything we want for the program. If sanctions happen I don
08-27-2006 11:18 PM
Schadenfreude Offline
Professional Tractor Puller

I Root For: Bowling Green

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

I doubt a 50,000-seat football stadium will accomplish what Kent State's 30,000-seat stadium couldn't.

I used to be of a mind that Kent State was dragging the MAC down. I wanted them out.

I've become neutral on that. Kent State otherwise has a strong athletics program, and basketball has done more revenue wise for the rest of us than any other MAC program.

Still, I think if I were in your shoes, trying something new would make sense to me.

A sojourn to the Horizon/Gateway (for example) could give the football program a chance to build a winning tradition, and I assume Kent State would tear up the Horizon in most other sports, putting itself into position for something else (like the Atlantic 10, if a spot is available).

Kent State-Youngstown State would be a killer annual football tradition, wouldn't it?

If football gets back on its feet, then try I-A again from a position of strength, like Marshall did. Considering Kent State's long, long history in the MAC, its size and its academics, I assume the door would always be more open to Kent State then it will ever be Youngstown State.

(Even though, yes, we are a little too Ohio-centric as a league).

So when I try to imagine myself in the shoes of a Flasher fan, that's how I think I would see it.

But, obviously, Kent State has to evaluate these sorts of things for themselves.
08-28-2006 06:58 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.