Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bowl Pairings from Last Season for non-BC$ Bowls
Bookmark and Share
Semper Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
Bowl Pairings from Last Season for non-BC$ Bowls
Wikipedia has a nice chart on it. Eliminate the Houston Bowl and you can see where each league might stand with the new bowls added.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automatic_B...-BCS_Bowls

I haven't looked at what the bids are with the new bowls that will be added, but you can throw those in and see what shakes out.

But you figure since you can't use a 1-AA victory toward bowl eligbility except once every four years, it is not advantageous to schedule a 1-AA every year, but most BC$ teams will do it anyways, but they still will have to win at least 6 games against 1-A teams to go to a bowl game in those years they can't count that 1-AA win meaning a 6-6 record may not be good enough.

The $EC and CUSA teams are required to schedule the 5 teams in their division and 3 teams from the crossover division which means they can only schedule 4 non-conference games. It'll be near nearly impossible for lower tier CUSA teams to finish with a winning record, and though not impossible, it'll still be difficult for the lower tier $EC teams Kentucky, Vandy, and Mississippi State to finish with bowl eligible records as well.

I just don't see anyway around any team with 6 wins against 1-A teams being denied a bowl bid now.
04-29-2006 05:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mattsarz Offline
TV Guide

I Root For: SU, Ariz. St.

The I-AA win exemption has been elimintated, which is why so see so many I-A vs. I-AA matchups this year since it will give teams a head start toward bowl eligibility.
04-29-2006 05:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
prairiedawg Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU HUSKIES

The MAC champ is #1 and goes to the Motor City Bowl according to this link - that is understood. The problem arises when Mac #2 and Mac #3 are mentioned.

We saw what happened last year. The bowls don't look at the conference standings or "pecking order" - they pick whomever they want regardless of who has the better conference record or who is division champion, ex. GMAC Bowl fiasco.
04-29-2006 05:42 PM
Semper Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

mattsarz Wrote:The I-AA win exemption has been eliminated, which is why so see so many I-A vs. I-AA matchups this year since it will give teams a head start toward bowl eligibility.

Hmmmm, and all this time I was thinking Vandy was doing it just to end their streak of losing seasons. Are you sure the rule was eliminated? Did they say it was? I thought the purpose of allowing 6-6 teams to go bowling was simply to nix the original rule that said you had to finish 7-5 to go bowling in years there were 12 games.
04-29-2006 05:42 PM
Advertisement

Airport KC Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mid American

Semper Wrote:
mattsarz Wrote:The I-AA win exemption has been eliminated, which is why so see so many I-A vs. I-AA matchups this year since it will give teams a head start toward bowl eligibility.

Hmmmm, and all this time I was thinking Vandy was doing it just to end their streak of losing seasons. Are you sure the rule was eliminated? Did they say it was? I thought the purpose of allowing 6-6 teams to go bowling was simply to nix the original rule that said you had to finish 7-5 to go bowling in years there were 12 games.

He's right, you can count one victory over an 1-AA opponent every year toward bowl elgibility.
04-29-2006 07:15 PM
Photodan Offline
All American

I Root For: Toledo
DonatorsDonatorsDonators

prairiedawg Wrote:We saw what happened last year. The bowls don't look at the conference standings or "pecking order" - they pick whomever they want regardless of who has the better conference record or who is division champion, ex. GMAC Bowl fiasco.

05-sosad

-Dan

(oop! lookey down there below. what a fiasco... for UTEP )
04-29-2006 08:30 PM
Semper Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Airport KC Wrote:
Semper Wrote:

He's right, you can count one victory over an 1-AA opponent every year toward bowl elgibility.

Yep. SouthGAEagle on the CUSA board helped me out with that one. But apparently it's not just any 1-AA opponent you have to beat. They must offer at least 57 of 63 scholarships for the past two years prior to the meeting with the 1-A school. So there won't be any scheduling of Pioneer, Ivy League, or MAAC schools anytime soon.
04-29-2006 09:22 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies

Photodan Wrote:
prairiedawg Wrote:We saw what happened last year. The bowls don't look at the conference standings or "pecking order" - they pick whomever they want regardless of who has the better conference record or who is division champion, ex. GMAC Bowl fiasco.

05-sosad

-Dan

(oop! lookey down there below. what a fiasco... for UTEP )

Is there a smiley that gives someone the finger?

Go Ohio Conference!
04-29-2006 09:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.