Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Biggest Rival?
Bookmark and Share
SwampHound Offline
All American

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

Looking at the College Football Data Warehouse is seems to me that Memphis is your biggest and longest running rivalry and ASU is a respectable 20-25-5 against them. Would you consider Memphis you biggest rival? What Sun Belt team would you say is your biggest rival?

Record against 2006 SBC Football members as of 2003,

vs UL Cajuns, 15-16-1
vs UL Indians, 14-11-0
vs Middle Tennessee, 1-4-0
vs North Texas, 6-7-0
vs Troy University, 3-1-0

Looking over the teams you have played I was suprised not to see Missouri on there at all. I know Arkansas won't play you guys but Missouri? Glad you guys will be playing them this season. Also suprised not see more games against Southern Miss (only 8) or Mississippi State (only 16).
07-09-2004 06:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

badgerwolf Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

I think most stAte fans consider Memphis State our biggest rival; they are about 1.5 hours from ASU and whether the game is played in Memphis or Jboro both schools are well represented. I am going to stAte for the Memphis game this fall; it will be a great game.

We have a great relationship with Ole Miss, but have never developed such a relationship with USM or MSU; do not really know why. As for Missouri we have wanted to play them for years as stAte is in NE Arkansas; we have lots of students and alumni from SE Missouri and some from SW Missouri. I am pumped about that game, but they are projected to be really good this year -- go figure! Oh well, I say we beat them

:D

As far as the SBC I would have to say our biggest rival is UNT; we have been with those guys since they were NTSU. Next would be USL; again we have been with the Cajuns for many, many years. The Mean Green, the Cajuns, and stAte have a history -- SLC, BWC, Independent, and now SBC!
04-cheers
07-09-2004 06:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DONALD P Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Arkansas State

Well Memphis State is certainly up there.

But as far a pure, unadulterated hatred goes I would say LA. Tech. Or Lousy Tech, Loser Tech, whatever you want to call them.

Sunbelt. I'd say North Texas State. :laugh: They are slowly creeping up the hate list. Especially after visiting their Jr. High stadium last year.
07-13-2004 11:27 AM
badgerwolf Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

DONALD P Wrote:Well Memphis State is certainly up there.

But as far a pure, unadulterated hatred goes I would say LA. Tech. Or Lousy Tech, Loser Tech, whatever you want to call them.

Sunbelt. I'd say North Texas State. :laugh: They are slowly creeping up the hate list. Especially after visiting their Jr. High stadium last year.

Hey Donald P -- I agree that I also love to hate Loser Tech. What a bunch of arrogant, delusional pricks 03-puke
07-13-2004 06:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.