Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Kill Jim Nantz now
Bookmark and Share
Schadenfreude Offline
Professional Tractor Puller

I Root For: Bowling Green

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies
Kill Jim Nantz now
Jim Nantz's comments on the CBS selection show were the most outrageous thing I have ever seen on television.

05-mafia
03-12-2006 06:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NIU93 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: NIU

Jim was very rude, especially when he cut the chairman off at the end of the interview. Billy "Fudge" Packer was just as bad.
03-12-2006 07:00 PM
NIU02 Offline
Special Teams

Re: Kill Jim Nantz now
Schadenfreude Wrote:Jim Nantz's comments on the CBS selection show were the most outrageous thing I have ever seen on television.

05-mafia

Yeah, can someone please tell Nantz and Packer that scheduling is a 2 way street. Who is to say Bradley and George Mason wouldn't love to play teams from top conferences? Why not rip on teams from large conferences that play nobody?

I would love for NIU to play Illinois and Northwestern in football every year, but they want nothing to do with us.
03-12-2006 07:01 PM
pennies4everybody Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Ball U

It looked like two guys at a funeral whenever they cut to Billy and Jim. High comedy for me!!!

But... but... the BCS schools made more Sweet 16s! Past Performance! Only BCS schools should qualify!!!

Give me a frackin' break! They've had many more opportunities to make the Sweet 16 than a team from the Valley! And, of course, the committee always has said past years and number of teams from what conference doesn't factor in, as pointed out by the guy they had on tonight. It was high-larious how somber Jim and Billy were after the selections. I thought Nance was going to cry. 03-hissyfit

02-13-banana 02-13-banana 02-13-banana
03-12-2006 07:03 PM
bobcat_backer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: OHIO

I couldn't agree more! Nantz was rude and childish. packer acts like he's an Alzheimer's patient. he hardly ever acknowledged anything Nantz said (although now that I think about it, maybe that's a good thing! LOL).

yeah when he (Nantz) cut off the chairman of the committee, that was the most unprofessional act I've ever seen a broadcaster perform. His blatant anti-mid-major attitude is outrageous. like i said before, he's a tool.
03-12-2006 07:03 PM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Kent State

He was outrageous.

Good thing we had Mr.Littlepage, head of the the committee, state what we were all thinking.:

Quote:It doesn't matter what the heritage or NCAA strong has been..we looked at what teams did this year. 04-rock

And I heard Laing Kennedy's voice when Mr Littlepage said:

Quote:Those in power conferences can choose to play whoever they want. If they are that good, let them schedule road games out of conference.

Maybe Laing didn't have a strong MAC card to play this year, but you know he made the point on power conference scheduling power. If all they want to do is schedule who they want to play at home, don't expect
loads of committee respect in March.

What a change from last year, with the whining coming from power conferences.
03-12-2006 07:09 PM
Advertisement

bobcat_backer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: OHIO

yeah it IS refreshing to hear the power guys WHINE! and you're right, pennies! Nantz's performance was hysterical while also being completely offensive and unbelievably rude. waaa, waaa, WAAAA! LOL

I was glad to hear the committee chair say, in essence, that the committee is trying to get these big teams to stop scheduling a lot of cupcakes in the OOC season. and i was glad to hear the two guys on CBS, Seth and Clark, come out in support to what the chair said and in opposition to the whining and crying done by nantz and packer.
03-12-2006 07:12 PM
jimhome Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
Packer
My first post, exciting. The Missouri Valley should play a tougher schedule, no ifs, ands, or buts. They should call Ohio State or Wisconsin and invite them down. Too bad both of these schools said "NEVER, do you think we would drop Florida A&M, Morehead St, Tennesee St. Norfolk St., Belmont, and North Dakota State to play you guys?"

Billy, why didn't you say to commish, "considering the MACs history over the years, why is Kent only a 12 seed?"

Speaking of Wisconsin: 2-8 on the road, quartfinal tournament loss, home loss to North Dakota State and 3-0 on neurtral court against Norfolk, E. Kentucky, and Old Dominion. Talk about that Billy, and they were locks for the tourney.

IMHO the committee did rather well with the exception of Texas A&M & Seton Hall in, but Hofstra and Mizz St. out. NC State is also questionable, as well as Wisconsin.

Nick, nice talking to you at the tourney, Ball State will one day return.
03-12-2006 07:13 PM
NIU93 Offline
2nd String

I just hope the Missouri Valley has a strong showing this year, or this year's trend may not continue next year. Go MVC!
03-12-2006 07:14 PM
Schadenfreude Offline

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies
Re: Packer
jimhome Wrote:IMHO the committee did rather well with the exception of Texas A&M & Seton Hall in, but Hofstra and Mizz St. out. NC State is also questionable, as well as Wisconsin.

I agree. Missouri State was a No. 21 RPI or something like that? Ouch!

Air Force struck me as a weird pick. Not sure about Alabama, either... but I haven't been following all of it very closely.
03-12-2006 07:22 PM
HuronDave Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The MAC
DonatorsCrappiesCrappies

Nantz and Packer came off as nothing but schills and whores for the power conferences. It was a pathetic performance.

This year's selection committee did a very commendable job. I only wish they would have comprised the committee last year too as the MAC would surely have received multiple bids.

With seven members from non power conferences, the selection was very well balanced. The at-large teams that were selected had an average RPI ranking of 30.78 and the highest RPI among the at-large selections was Seton Hall at 58. By comparison the next highest RPI for any MAC team after Kent State (48) was Akron at 77.

The top 11 conferences, by RPI, all had at least two bids with Conference USA at 14th being the lowest ranked conference with multiple bids (2).

All in all a good job by the committee.
03-12-2006 08:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

OUBOBCATJOHN Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Ohio Bobcats

George Washington got slammed by the commitee and rightly so. These clowns got an 8th seed despite being ranked 6th in the nation last week. 28-32 ranked is what that were by the commitee. The pathetic OOC schedule impressed no one on that commitee. If they had lost to Maryland, they might have been out.
03-12-2006 08:53 PM
barndog Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
Re: Kill Jim Nantz now
Schadenfreude Wrote:Jim Nantz's comments on the CBS selection show were the most outrageous thing I have ever seen on television.

05-mafia
I can't believe the stupidity of Nantz. Is he so ignorant as to think that power schools are chasing after quality mid-majors to schedule games against them? One look at the OOC schedules of power schools should clue in the clueless. If that isn't enough, ask Gary the Cowardly Coach and you'll found out why mid-majors don't (can't) schedule games against major teams.
03-12-2006 09:01 PM
KSUDan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Kent State

According to these two jackasses, everyone outside of the "power conferences" should just not play anymore. We can just make a tourney for the "big schools". Wouldn't that just be swell. What an embarrassment to watch that "analysis" tonight.
03-13-2006 02:26 AM
Frozenbaugh Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ball State

Related article criticizing Nantz and Packer

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/s...id=2366077
03-13-2006 10:30 AM
HuronDave Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The MAC
DonatorsCrappiesCrappies

Frozenbaugh Wrote:Related article criticizing Nantz and Packer

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/s...id=2366077

Great job by Forde. 04-bow

He said everything that I was screaming at those two buffoons through my TV. Difference is, my comments would never reach them, but his will. 04-rock
03-13-2006 10:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Special Teams

Here's another good article along this same vein...

NCAA tourney bids show equity, fairness (By Bryan Burwell, ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH)
03-13-2006 12:09 PM
Special Teams

And some whining from the other side...

Seminoles settle for NIT (By Jack Corcoran, TALLAHASSEE DEMOCRAT)

'Noles defend their schedule (By Jack Corcoran, TALLAHASSEE DEMOCRAT)
03-13-2006 12:14 PM
Frozenbaugh Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ball State

Maybe if they didn't schedule a bunch of Our Lady of Perpetual Sorrows and average high school teams for their OOC, maybe they would have something to complain about.
03-13-2006 12:19 PM
Schadenfreude Offline

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Frozenbaugh Wrote:Maybe if they didn't schedule a bunch of Our Lady of Perpetual Sorrows and average high school teams for their OOC, maybe they would have something to complain about.

This is what FSU is defending:

at Jacksonville
Alcorn State
at Florida
Purdue
Louisiana-Monroe
Texas Southern
vs. Bowling Green in Mobile, Ala.
Stetson
Campbell
Nebraska
Massachusetts

Screw 'em.
03-13-2006 12:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.