Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Just got off the phone with JP (Dog Pound Progress)
Bookmark and Share
CHoran24 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Michigan & NIU
Just got off the phone with JP (Dog Pound Progress)
So I e-mailed Jim Phillips the other day with the idea for a huskie fan club type thing to promote the teams, and he called me back today. He loved the idea and was thrilled to hear people were interested in it. He said that he was going to get me in contact Glenn Krupica so I can discuss it with him also. He also mentioned that they are going to have meetings this spring to discuss how to get attendance up and he would like to hear any ideas I had to help with it.

If any is interested in being a founding member of this club PM me with your contact information. I would like to meet sometime soon after spring break so we can work everything out and get this club up and running.
03-08-2006 05:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HuskieFever1 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Re: Just got off the phone with JP
CHoran24 Wrote:So I e-mailed Jim Phillips the other day with the idea for a huskie fan club type thing to promote the teams, and he called me back today. He loved the idea and was thrilled to hear people were interested in it. He said that he was going to get me in contact Glenn Krupica so I can discuss it with him also. He also mentioned that they are going to have meetings this spring to discuss how to get attendance up and he would like to hear any ideas I had to help with it.

If any is interested in being a founding member of this club PM me with your contact information. I would like to meet sometime soon after spring break so we can work everything out and get this club up and running.

Sounds good. Keep us posted!
03-08-2006 06:21 PM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

I Root For: NIU Huskies

I'll be a member. Keep us updated on this. Its kind of like how the Illini have the Orange Krush. NIU needs its own NIU student athletics group.
03-08-2006 06:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HuskiemobileMan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, MAC, Cubs
Donators
CHoran24 Wrote:So I e-mailed Jim Phillips the other day with the idea for a huskie fan club type thing to promote the teams, and he called me back today. He loved the idea and was thrilled to hear people were interested in it. He said that he was going to get me in contact Glenn Krupica so I can discuss it with him also. He also mentioned that they are going to have meetings this spring to discuss how to get attendance up and he would like to hear any ideas I had to help with it.

I tried a similar thing last year with the athletic dept to bring back the dog pound. At the preseason tailgate I met with Stacy Allie who is in charge of Marketing for the AD. I don't mean to talk bad about the Dept., but they are real good at giving reason as to why things won't work. They told me they didn't want to override the Student Huskie Club and that they don't have the funds to do anything. Honestly, it is almost impossible to get anything done looking in from the outside. You can always try though! Good luck!!! Let me know if there is anything i can do.
03-08-2006 06:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BleedsHuskieRed Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU

Donators
HuskiemobileMan Wrote:

I tried a similar thing last year with the athletic dept to bring back the dog pound. At the preseason tailgate I met with Stacy Allie who is in charge of Marketing for the AD. I don't mean to talk bad about the Dept., but they are real good at giving reason as to why things won't work. They told me they didn't want to override the Student Huskie Club and that they don't have the funds to do anything. Honestly, it is almost impossible to get anything done looking in from the outside. You can always try though! Good luck!!! Let me know if there is anything i can do.

problem is the student huskie club doesn't do anything.
03-08-2006 06:54 PM
HuskiemobileMan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators

epasnoopy Wrote:I'll be a member. Keep us updated on this. Its kind of like how the Illini have the Orange Krush. NIU needs its own NIU student athletics group.

Might as well stick with the Dog Pound since it has sort of already been established in the past. Getting Fattys involved with this would also be a good idea. They are always good for t-shirts with their names plastered all over it.
03-08-2006 06:55 PM
Advertisement

HuskiemobileMan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
BleedsHuskieRed Wrote:
HuskiemobileMan Wrote:

problem is the student huskie club doesn't do anything.
Very true, plus it is a retarded name.
03-08-2006 08:07 PM
Huskiefan38 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU Huskies!!!

noone wants to be a part of the "student huskie club" woo hoo....... but the dog pound? that sounds a little more convincing.
03-08-2006 08:11 PM
HuskiemobileMan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators

I just contacted fathuskie. If we got Fattys backing for this I think that we could get this done. Football doesn't need help, but this could be huge for basketball next season.
03-08-2006 08:25 PM
dynovinyl Offline
Heisman

04-clap2

HMM Wrote:I tried a similar thing last year with the athletic dept to bring back the dog pound. At the preseason tailgate I met with Stacy Allie who is in charge of Marketing for the AD.
There's your first problem.
03-08-2006 08:57 PM
CHoran24 Offline
1st String

So it seems like we have enough students, future students and alumni to get this thing started. I think the next step is to all meet up sometime and plan somethings out.
03-08-2006 09:04 PM
Advertisement

Anonymous
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

If high school students can join, I'm in.
03-08-2006 09:05 PM
Quote this message in a reply
BleedsHuskieRed Offline
All American

Donators

CHoran24 Wrote:So it seems like we have enough students, future students and alumni to get this thing started. I think the next step is to all meet up sometime and plan somethings out.

The only way I do bussiness meetings is wearing suits and playing beer pong. I hope that works for everyone else.
03-08-2006 09:06 PM
CHoran24 Offline
1st String

Will everybody be able to do a meeting Wednesday the 22nd around 7 at the Student Center.
03-08-2006 09:18 PM
BleedsHuskieRed Offline
All American

Donators

CHoran24 Wrote:Will everybody be able to do a meeting Wednesday the 22nd around 7 at the Student Center.

yes, as long as we wear suits and play beer pong. we should also bring those sticky nametags and we will put our real names and our board names. that would be cute. maybe a secret santa type thing?
03-08-2006 09:20 PM
HuskiemobileMan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
dynovinyl Wrote:
HMM Wrote:I tried a similar thing last year with the athletic dept to bring back the dog pound. At the preseason tailgate I met with Stacy Allie who is in charge of Marketing for the AD.

No comment here. 03-melodramatic

In general it would be nice to work with someone within the Athletic Dept. that has a can do attitude rather than a can't do attitude.
03-08-2006 09:36 PM
Advertisement

Kedzman Offline
All American

I Root For:

HuskiemobileMan Wrote:I just contacted fathuskie. If we got Fattys backing for this I think that we could get this done. Football doesn't need help, but this could be huge for basketball next season.

BINGO. Set a membership goal of at least 100 people by the beginning of basketball season. That means 100 people committed to every home game and wearing a red NIU shirt.
03-08-2006 11:29 PM
Bartindekalb Offline
Lord of the Dance; Special

Donators
dynovinyl Wrote:

BUT - she's hot!
03-08-2006 11:37 PM
huskiealum03 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU & Go Go Sox

even in 1998 when the football team was not so great, the dog pound was successful with a bunch of loyal members making ruckus at the games
03-09-2006 08:40 AM
HuskiemobileMan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
Bartindekalb Wrote:
dynovinyl Wrote:

BUT - she's hot!
Thats about alls she has going for her besides being a nice person. :shhh:
03-09-2006 08:42 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.