Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

1A FOOTBALL
Bookmark and Share
Hilltopper2K Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: WKU!!!

So how do we get the attendance rule without breaking the bank?

I have a few suggestions...

-- partnership with area high schools

We should put posters/flyers in all the area high schools before each home game. And not just in Warren county high schools... every high school in a 60 mile radius. How many times have I heard 'there is nothing to do in Bowling Green' from the under 21 set here? If we could get every bored high schooler that would be worth 2-3k right there. They would be noisy, and spend thier parents' money at the concession too.

--ticket sales team

You could make these intern positions and hire students to it. This would be very cheap to do so long as you make it a commissioned job. You only pay out in so far that they sell tickets, season tickets, and memberships to the HAF. Of course they would work all year long selling for all sports.

--tailgating party friday night

Maybe we could have a huge tailgating party on friday night... say at beach bend. For $20 or so include one ticket, a buffet, free camping, and... an open bar (or at least a couple kegs). Have live entertainment. Advertise the party in dry counties. Thousands will come.

--buy one get one free night

For say a Concord where the draw is minimal... why not? If half the stadium goes unsold anyway, why not give away the other half and make money off concessions?

So anybody have any other ideas of how we could promote football without spending a bundle?
09-08-2004 07:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

galojah Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU & NC State

Donators

Quote:--tailgating party friday night

Maybe we could have a huge tailgating party on friday night... say at beach bend. For $20 or so include one ticket, a buffet, free camping, and... an open bar (or at least a couple kegs). Have live entertainment. Advertise the party in dry counties. Thousands will come.

Afraid that wouldn't get people in the stands.. that'll get em hung over and in detox!

Other ideas are great ones.
09-08-2004 09:40 AM
SwampHound Offline
All American

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

Have a live band for pregame tailgating, along those lines have tailgating cookoff contest, try to turn the tailgating into one big party. If there are any famous WKU alumni that are in the music industry they could preform at halftime or pregame (like Tracy Adkins did for LaTech). Since the basketball team is so popular get them and their coaches to help promote the football and get them to attend the games. Every little bit helps.

Nice signature Jeff, very well done, it looks great.
09-08-2004 04:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
REDDOG2 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

04-cheers I like the idea of having a party at Beech Bend. Very nice park! Also think marketing it to area high schools to be a good idea. Whatever happened to the streaker? 03-cool :laugh:
09-09-2004 02:03 PM
Hilltopper2K Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: WKU!!!

I like the idea of having a party at Beech Bend. Very nice park! Also think marketing it to area high schools to be a good idea. Whatever happened to the streaker?

I'm not one to spread gossip BUT... rumor has it that he hit it off pretty well with Sandy Jones.

If there are any famous WKU alumni that are in the music industry they could preform at halftime or pregame (like Tracy Adkins did for LaTech). Since the basketball team is so popular get them and their coaches to help promote the football and get them to attend the games.

Great suggestions Hound. Have you seen any other creative attendance boosters for your home games? The only famous singers I know of are Nappy Roots. Not my cup of tea, but appropriate since they mostly sing about food.

I'd also like to see Big Red repel onto the field from a helicopter. That would be the greatest.
09-09-2004 11:42 PM
Advertisement

REDDOG2 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

:stupid: Build it and they will come! Official attendance for Concord (yawn) 10,400, looked more like 14,000. Bring in better competition and the numbers will be there for 1-A. I could be wrong, I thought I was one time but I was wrong! 04-cheers 04-bow
09-12-2004 10:22 AM
SwampHound Offline
All American

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

Hilltopper2K Wrote:Great suggestions Hound. Have you seen any other creative attendance boosters for your home games? The only famous singers I know of are Nappy Roots. Not my cup of tea, but appropriate since they mostly sing about food.
We have live bands preform during pregame, probably none you guys have ever heard of mainly Cajun or Zydeco music that is popular down here. It does add to the atmosphere. :D As far as Nappy Roots, that is not my cup of tea either but when you are trying to get the students and the rest of the younger crowd to come to the games and get excited about Topper football, sometime you have to make sacrifices 03-wink
09-12-2004 10:30 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SwampHound Offline
All American

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

REDDOG2 Wrote::stupid: Build it and they will come! Official attendance for Concord (yawn) 10,400, looked more like 14,000. Bring in better competition and the numbers will be there for 1-A. I could be wrong, I thought I was one time but I was wrong! 04-cheers 04-bow
I agree, for a school like FAU or Troy that is hot right now, surely you guys would fill it up if you get 10,000 for Concord (yawn) :D
09-12-2004 10:32 AM
REDDOG2 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

04-bow I like cajun music as much as I love bluegrass. Also love that cajun cookin'. Got my first taste of cajun food at the 2002 1-AA NCAA CHAMP GAME with McNeese State. Man yall can flat out cook. 04-cheers
09-12-2004 01:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.