Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Better Stadium?
Bookmark and Share
MillenniumFALCON Offline
2nd String

I Root For: BGSU

I think the glass bowl wins, but I hope to du-bunk this whole "there is no camparison" crap.

Brand new scoreboard, new tailgating area, tent city, new seats, new pressbox, new elevators, new paint....vs. the same old glass bowl with a 1999 scoreboard
07-22-2004 07:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

rocketfootball Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

First, you have this on the Smack board so you won't get as many votes as you would on the regular forum.

Second, you talk about the brand new scoreboard and painting the railings and whatever. Well, the scoreboard and the painted railing have not seen a game yet, in fact I don't think they are actually done yet. So, how can that be counted as right now? People know what they saw last year, not what they will see this fall.

And to be honest, I really don't care which stadium wins your poll.
07-23-2004 08:03 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Falconfreak90 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

Being biased, I will say the Doyt. But as long as the Falcons win, I don't care!
07-23-2004 09:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EMUEagles Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

EMU's Rynearson Stadium has a nice feel to it.
07-28-2004 10:47 AM
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Dix Stadium: roomy!
03-razz
07-28-2004 11:53 AM
Kit-Cat Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Championships
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

I've only seen two MAC stadiums outside of Peden and they are Perriwinkle stadium and the @ss bowl.

I like a tall, well hung stadium. Peden isn't that well hung. Doyt is tall, with 23k of seats between the sidelines. I like the atmosphere inside Doyt but outside of it and as a structure its highschoolish. There isn't an interior concourse for the stadium, which makes it lame.

Toledo is too short and stout with the press box. I've never been inside it, but I think it has a concourse.
07-28-2004 05:25 PM
Advertisement

John52168 Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU and Army

Crappies

I have been to most of the MAC stadiums and the Doyt has a high school feel to it. The endzone bleachers aren't even attached to the sides of the stadium. Yes there is an openess about it but Bowling Green really needs to think about enclosing the endzones.

The Glass Bowl is a nice stadium but does lack something. It is a lot like Waldo Stadium in it's hirstorical feel.

Of the two stadiums with tracks around them, EMU's Rynearson and Buffalo's Stadium, I wold have to say that Buffalo is the better of the two. Despite feeling like you are 2 miles away from the field of play. Buffalo's Stadium has an enormous amount of room for expansion and was originally built for the World Games.

Rankings of MAC stadiums I have been to:

1. Waldo Stadium
2. Glass Bowl
3. Peden Stadium
4. Doyt Perry Stadium
5. Huskie Stadium
6. Kelly Shorts Stadium
7. Yager Stadium
8. Ball State Stadium
9. UB Stadium
10. Rynearson Stadium

I have not been to Akron, Kent State, Marshall or UCF. I should be at the Broncos game against Marshall this season in Huntington.
07-31-2004 09:40 AM
ex Cincy Kid Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Crappies

I like the Glass Bowl better than the Doyt. Also, when Miami finishes its 3 year program of renovations to Yager (about $13 mil worth), I think it'll jump up quite a bit. Not saying it'll necessarily end up being the MAC's best stadium (as there are some really nice ones out there like Waldo, etc.), but certainly should put it in the top 3 or 4 easy.
08-10-2004 04:27 PM
Behind_Enemy_Lines Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Glass Bowl rules.

Being a Rocket Alum living in Bowling Green I must agree that Doyt is very high schoolish.
08-25-2004 10:12 PM
Lukulos Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

From an outsider that has been to both;

No Contest - Glass Bowl

But, Waldo trumps them both !
08-31-2004 12:07 PM
UCBearcat4ever Offline
All American

I Root For: Bearcats

Best Rankings in the ones I've been 2

1. YEAGER
2 DOYT PERRY
09-11-2004 09:05 AM
Advertisement

Falconfreak90 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

ucbearcat4ever Wrote:I have only been to 2 mac stadiums in my Lifetime Doyt Perry, and Yeager, Yeager is the better of the two,  Doyt reminds me of a HS Stadium
I can see why you don't like the Doyt...You're 0-4 lifetime against BG.

And I find it funny how folks here say Perry is High schoolish....half these other stadiums have HS bleachers on the visitor side.

Plus, with the exception of Miami, nobody has beaten BG at the Doyt since 2000.... 03-wink

Perry Stadium is going thru renovations and is looking better each year. 04-rock The field last night was in exceptional shape!
09-12-2004 08:22 PM
Photodan Offline
All American

DonatorsDonatorsDonators

MillenniumFALCON Wrote:Brand new scoreboard, new tailgating area, tent city, new seats, new pressbox, new elevators, new paint...
Nothing about that pressbox is even remotely new. I was up there on the second floor for the SEMO game and they still can't even control the heat in the back room.

-Dan
09-28-2004 07:11 PM
Photodan Offline
All American

DonatorsDonatorsDonators

I am totally biased but I have to say the Glass Bowl is easily the best of the two. (Although I was impressed by Rynearson a couple weeks ago. Love the glass walled building at the end!) You can compare architectural points forever but the Glass Bowl just has a better football atmosphere because of the design and the way it relates to the rest of campus. It's awesome to look over and see the clock tower lit up during a game at night. It's a tremendous place to watch college football.

The main reason people compare BG's to a high school stadium is because the two sides aren't connected. It's not so much a cohesive building as it is two separate cement steps supported by struts out in a field next to the e-way.

-Dan
09-28-2004 07:52 PM
factman Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

The Glass Bowl has a nice press box and suites, but the rest of the stadium is below average.
The restrooms are terrible, the concessions ares are bad, there is NO parking, and the seats are about 12" wide. I'll take my chair at the Doyt anytime!!
09-28-2004 08:50 PM
TJRocket Offline
All American

I Root For: Toledo Rockets

Crappies

Sorry the bathrooms are not up to your standards Factman, although BG's aren't any better. The concessions on the East side do leave something to be desired as far as the setup goes, but I never had a problem getting a slice of pizza after halftime either, unlike BG where I was unable to get pizza after halftime in 01. There is plenty of parking at the Glass bowl, I have never had a problem getting a spot, and it does not take 35 - 45 minutes to park and leave like it does at BG. Lose some weight chubby if you don't like size of your seat at the Glass bowl.
09-29-2004 05:28 PM
Advertisement

utpotts Offline
Heisman

Here's a better question.

Which stadium looks more highschoolish?

The hole they call the Doyt or the stadium in Ball State. They equally look as bad.

03-nutkick
10-14-2004 07:30 AM
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

factman Wrote:The Glass Bowl has a nice press box and suites, but the rest of the stadium is below average.
The restrooms are terrible, the concessions ares are bad, there is NO parking, and the seats are about 12" wide. I'll take my chair at the Doyt anytime!!
Speaking of bathrooms........I remember going to Philly in 2001 for the Temple game. The place the game was played had bathrooms from like 1890 and they were never remodeled. It was very weird. Basically they expected everyone to just piss into a pond with everyone else right there to see you.
10-14-2004 07:42 AM
GoHuskies Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Really no comparison, the Glass Bowl vs. that High School stadium. The first time I was there, I had heard nothing about the Stadium and my initial thought was "High School" stadium as I can't believe they play there. We will see this year if Ball State is worse.

Glass Bowl in a landslide.
10-15-2004 02:21 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC

Huskie stadium. Just because. :D

You get a great view of the hospital buildings, er, I mean, dorm buildings.
10-20-2004 01:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.