Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Ugh
Bookmark and Share
Tuffguy20 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

What can we say, this game was not good. Fortunatly though, theres a huge bunch at the top of the conference, everyone has a loss in conference except UNT. We currently hold a tie breaker vs MT, NMSU holds tie breakers over us and Troy, UNT has tie breakers vs USU and MT, ASU has a tie breaker vs ULM, and ULM has a tie breaker over Idaho. I still think we hold a good deal of our destiny, we still hold our destiny to become #2 in conference, but, we need NMSU to lose somewhere along the line if we will win this thing, and watching them play tonite, I dont think we'll have to worry about that, as this NMSU team was not as good as that score indicated. They beat us, but needed 3 turnovers to do it not to mention, our defense let them have everything except for my sisters virginity. Dissapointed, but lotsa football left to be played my friends. Cmon cajuns, lets goto New Orleans.

Tuffguy
10-09-2004 10:58 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SwampHound Offline
All American

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

I don't know what happens to our defense every year about this time it seems to get worse as the season goes on, the coaches and players better find a way to stop the bleeding. We said last week that we could not afford another preformance like we had against FIU and that is what we got. It is next to impossible to be lucky 2 weeks in a row and we were not.
You are right there is a lot of football left and we are still very much in the race.
10-10-2004 03:03 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Longview Red Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Every good team exels in defense and that what it takes to win football games. Unfortunley, we do not have a real good densive team. We need bigger and faster guys out there on the field at all times.

We can't afford to fumble so many times either. When they say we have fumbled , I can always pick the guys that do that before I read the article and stats .

Boo Robinson,DT,6'3",315, Richwood,Monroe
Seth Adams,(DT,6'4",250,St. Augustine
Jerral Powell,DL,6'3", 320,Wayne County,Miss

The guys listed above would really help a team.
10-10-2004 01:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SwampHound Offline
All American

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

Red, I grew up in NE Louisiana and in high school played football against Richwood my Jr and Sr years. They always have bigs strong players, my question is this, has there ever been a Richwood player that played for a 1-A school?
10-10-2004 05:52 PM
Advertisement

RaginCajun77 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Swamp,

After the game against Florida International, I saw a defense that looked like it lost its fire, and after the game against New Mexico St. I saw a defense that is just plain flat. We must regroup and have a strong showing against Idaho. I think what we need at this point in the season is a bye week. That would allow us to heal up and rest bodies. We only have 5 games left this season but these next 5 games will decide who goes to New Orleans. The conference race is still wide open.
10-10-2004 06:50 PM
SwampHound Offline
All American

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

RaginCajun77 Wrote:Swamp,

After the game against Florida International, I saw a defense that looked like it lost its fire, and after the game against New Mexico St. I saw a defense that is just plain flat. We must regroup and have a strong showing against Idaho. I think what we need at this point in the season is a bye week. That would allow us to heal up and rest bodies. We only have 5 games left this season but these next 5 games will decide who goes to New Orleans. The conference race is still wide open.
I agree, a bye week would help a lot. What concerns me is we have many young players playing in our front seven who should be improving and playing better by this point, that is not happening. We are parting like the Red Sea, against Sproles and Moats it is understandable, against NMSU--come on. Perhaps it is fatigue or the season starting to wear on guys but something-anything needs to be done or we will be shredded by Idaho,ULM, and ASU. Those guys are no joke on offense once they get it going. UNT's has a freshman RB who just ran for over 200 yards against USU, what do you see him doing to this defense? and Troy? What will Betterson and Richardson do to us? Our guys better get it together quickly and put that fire back on, the bye week is still 2 weeks away. We must deal with Idaho and ASU first. I don't want to head into the bye week 3-5, much rather 4-4 or 5-3.
10-10-2004 10:30 PM
RaginCajun77 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Swamp,
We must get both size and speed on our defensive line. We do have some guys that have size on the D-line but their speed seems to be lacking. We have not put pressure on QB's all year long and this has hurt us. We do not adjust well to what our opponents are doing and this is going to continue to bite us in the ******. I wish I had the answer but I don't. We have to regroup and play better defensively. New Mexico St. only punted the football one time during the game, that is unacceptable. We have to tackle better, we have to be aware of what is coming at us, and we have to quit allowing every RB we see run like a Heisman canidate.

Offensively, we are about where I expected us to be. I think we are passing the ball well. I would like to see us run the ball better but we have improved from last year. I think we have come out sluggish in the 1st quarter and need to improve on this. Finally, 3 fumbles in the second half is too much to overcome for this team. We have to hold on to the football if we expect to win.

The next 2 weeks will be crucial for us, we must improve on both sides of the ball to make a run for New Orleans. Is this team capable? Yes!!

P.S.- 03-puke UL Financial Ad Office
10-11-2004 02:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.