Zips land Buckeye recruit
Bookmark and Share
bobcatbythelake Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Sun-Sentinel
Christy Cabrera Chirinos
Posted July 27 2004

Former Stranahan running back Dennis Kennedy, who in February signed with Ohio State, will not be playing for the
Buckeyes.

Kennedy said on Monday that he has accepted a scholarship offer from the University of Akron.

Kennedy, who visited Akron's campus last weekend, said there had been problems in getting some of his paperwork to Ohio
State. By the time the errors were cleared, Kennedy says, the Buckeyes told him it was too late to meet academic requirements
and suggested he attend a junior college.

Instead he chose Akron.

"I feel I'll fit into this offense, and it's a great opportunity for me to play right away," Kennedy said. "[Ohio State] wanted me to
go through a junior college, but I chose another option. At first I was disappointed, but I feel better because everything happens
for a reason. There's a great atmosphere up there."

Kennedy is not the first South Florida football player to find himself dealing with admission issues at Ohio State this year.
Former Suncoast standout Da-Juan Morgan orally committed to OSU last November, but his scholarship offer was rescinded
because his grade-point average was not among the top half of his graduating class. In February Morgan signed with North
Carolina State.
07-27-2004 09:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest

Wow. Any stats on the kid?

Maybe that coaching change is paying off already.
07-27-2004 09:56 AM
The Flash Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent State

bobcatbythelake Wrote:By the time the errors were cleared, Kennedy says, the Buckeyes told him it was too late to meet academic requirements

Instead he chose Akron.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: 03-lol 03-lol 03-lol 03-lol
07-27-2004 11:05 AM
Captain Kangaroo Offline
2nd String

I Root For: OU's Mascot
Crappies

Yes...if he had beaten a woman or sold drugs he'd surely have landed at Kent. No dice, so he's coming to Akron. Happy to have him! :D
07-27-2004 11:10 AM
Roberto Gato Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Ohio, Ohio and Ohio

Captain Kangaroo Wrote:Yes...if he had beaten a woman or sold drugs he'd surely have landed at Kent. No dice, so he's coming to Akron. Happy to have him! :D
well, since you put it like that, if he had beaten a woman or sold drugs, I'm sure ohio state would have found a way to overlook those academic bugaboos. After all, it's about character, and Tressel's "such a classy guy"!
07-27-2004 11:12 AM
The Flash Offline
All American

Captain Kangaroo Wrote:Yes...if he had beaten a woman or sold drugs he'd surely have landed at Kent. No dice, so he's coming to Akron. Happy to have him! :D
Actually, Cribbs did neither. However, you forgot about our rapist... 03-banghead
07-27-2004 11:14 AM
Advertisement

Captain Kangaroo Offline
2nd String

Crappies

The Flash Wrote:
Actually, Cribbs did neither. However, you forgot about our rapist... 03-banghead
I forgot that the kid from Notre Dame was a rapist...I thought he beat women? My bad.

You're correct...Cribbs never sold drugs...I'm sure all those weed bags were for the Grand Opening of his distribution house. He got caught and convicted of a felony before he ever got a chance to show what he could really do on the streets. A real crime... :D
07-27-2004 11:22 AM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

Quote:By the time the errors were cleared, Kennedy says, the Buckeyes told him it was too late to meet academic requirements and suggested he attend a junior college.

Instead he chose Akron.

What's the "instead" about?
07-27-2004 11:29 AM
Schadenfreude Offline
Professional Tractor Puller

I Root For: Bowling Green

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

FlashFan Wrote:
Quote:By the time the errors were cleared, Kennedy says, the Buckeyes told him it was too late to meet academic requirements and suggested he attend a junior college.

Instead he chose Akron.

What's the "instead" about?
Some JCs are pretty rigorous.

03-lol
07-27-2004 12:31 PM
HuskieDan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Captain Kangaroo Wrote:You're correct...Cribbs never sold drugs...I'm sure all those weed bags were for the Grand Opening of his distribution house. He got caught and convicted of a felony before he ever got a chance to show what he could really do on the streets. A real crime... :D
Everybody knows you don't go right to selling when you first get in the game...you start by giving out free samples!
07-27-2004 12:44 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Gather round, kiddies...the man with the goodies is here!
07-27-2004 01:31 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ZFF Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Just an FYI on this young man and his grade trouble.

Over the past school year he went through some terrible personal problems, which was the cause of his grade problems. They only reason he is not going to play for the Suckeyes is because they have such a high standard to get into the Great School. 03-puke But now he is happy to be a Zip and ready to run wild.

So Please Don't think as this young man as a Kent State Thug!!!!!
07-27-2004 03:44 PM
The Flash Offline
All American

ZFF Wrote:So Please Don't think as this young man as a Kent State Thug!!!!!
Apparently this new guy will fit right in because Summit County Community College does not teach English or grammar. 03-lol

Wow, our team is a group of thugs now. That might be a first. :rolleyes:
07-27-2004 03:57 PM
ZippyRulz Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Reason
NCAAbbs LUG

bobcatbythelake Wrote:>>Kennedy said on Monday that he has accepted a scholarship offer from the University of Akron.

>>"At first I was disappointed, but I feel better because everything happens for a reason.
>>There's a great atmosphere up there."
04-cheers
:bluethumb: :bluethumb:
Go Zips !!
07-27-2004 05:11 PM
The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

bobcatbythelake Wrote:By the time the errors were cleared, Kennedy says, the Buckeyes told him it was too late to meet academic requirements

Instead he chose Akron.
03-lol 03-lol 03-lol 03-lol 03-lol

Man, talk about bad journalism.

I'm sure of the other folks in Ohio will enjoy that statement. :D
07-27-2004 05:16 PM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

He could not have gotten into KSU regardless of his grades. We filled up our 3,500 open spots for frosh this fall on the Kent campus by last February. UA, on the other hand, has placed notices in the papers looking for incoming freshmen and transfer students for immediate enrollment. Maybe it worked in this case.
07-27-2004 06:52 PM
Advertisement

HuskieDan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

The Flash Wrote:Wow, our team is a group of thugs now. That might be a first. :rolleyes:
Yeah, you usually here that claim around good teams. 03-wink
07-28-2004 09:44 AM
bigbear Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Silly FlashFan - don't you know that if Kant State had been *able* to get this kid, not only would they have jumped on him, but there would miraculously have been a slot opened up for him, assuming they had scholies left to give.

Akron has open enrollment, Kant State does not. That does make a difference in the academic bottom rungs of admitted students, but doesn't make any difference whatsoever at the top.

Wise up.
07-28-2004 12:01 PM
Captain Kangaroo Offline
2nd String

Crappies

FlashFan Wrote:He could not have gotten into KSU regardless of his grades. We filled up our 3,500 open spots for frosh this fall on the Kent campus by last February. UA, on the other hand, has placed notices in the papers looking for incoming freshmen and transfer students for immediate enrollment. Maybe it worked in this case.
[Image: portsmoke.jpg]

If you honestly believe that, you must have been hitting the hippie lettuce with you convicted felon QB. Are you for real? 03-lol
07-28-2004 12:13 PM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

Try some seasoning as you eat your words, Captain.

Quote:The University of Akron will host two Transfer Days to help students who want to transfer to the school.The sessions will be from 1:30 to 6:30 p.m. Friday and Aug. 3 at UA's new Student Union. Representatives of UA's admissions, financial aid and academic offices will be on hand to help with enrollment.Appointments are not required. However, students can speed up the process by bringing official copies of their academic transcripts.Students also can submit applications.

Published on July 12, 2004, Page B5, Akron Beacon Journal (OH)

Still looking to fill the place up on August 3? Welcome, Mr. Kennedy.
07-28-2004 01:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.