Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

College Football News Latest bowls proj.
Bookmark and Share
exCincy Kid Offline
All American

I Root For:

CFN stubbornly continues to put NIU in the GMAC and Marshall in the MCB, which I can't really understand. Anyway, they have both Wisconsin and Purdue getting bowl eligible so the MAC only has 2 teams bowling but they do project that the H-Bowl and the MCB will take either/or Texas A&M or Oklahoma State for their opponents in those bowls........that'd be a nice "step up" from USF I guess, but I still wouldn't think their fans would fancy a trip to Boise and/or Detroit.
11-19-2002 01:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

exCincy Kid Offline
All American

I Root For:

Must be post your bowl picks day, as CBS Sportsline just updated their projections..........they also have 2 MAC teams bowling (confirming what Nick told us here about the MAC's fading 3rd bowl chances), but have another surprising projection:

* MCB: NIU vs. USF
* GMAC: BG vs. Louisville

Obviously they are counting on NIU beating Marshall at Marshall in the MACC and then having the GMAC snub Marshall in favor of BG. The only reason I could think for this is that there must be talk that Leftwich may be done for the season, otherwise they'd love to match-up the Lefty and Ragnone (sp?) in a bowl game.

P.S. This bowl projection again has OSU beating Michigan, both Wisconsin and Purdue bowl eligible, and MWC and C-USA covering all their bowl slots......kind of a MAC's worst scenario (for a 3rd team bowling). Personally, I think Wisconsin will lose and Purdue will win......as for Michigan/OSU, who can ever say who will win that game?

<!--EDIT|exCincy Kid|Nov 19 2002, 06:45 PM-->
11-19-2002 01:38 PM
EMUHuron Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

I think both Wisconsin and Purdue will win - but that the BCS takes Iowa and Ohio State - so the MCB will still be open.

Is it even possible that the Big 12 has an extra 7-5 team available? I don't think Texas A + M will want to come to Detroit - but could they?

<!--EDIT|EMUHuron|Nov 19 2002, 08:42 PM-->
11-19-2002 03:32 PM
Advertisement

exCincy Kid Offline
All American

I Root For:

Having OSU, Purdue and Wisconsin all win is the worst case scenario for the MAC 'cause we still won't get a B10 opponent for Detroit (may be stuck with USF), and then there won't be a possibility for a 3rd MAC team bowling, either.

I'm hoping that Wisconsin loses (no way PU will lose to IU) unless I know that OSU has already lost (is the OSU/Michigan game before or after the Wisconsin game?)............if OSU loses I'll then root for both Wisconsin and Purdue to win so we can a good draw in Detroit. See, NIU fans, I'm still thinking of you to the bitter end! :D
11-19-2002 03:44 PM
herdfannindy Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

If the MCB is open, look for it to be filled by a Big East team if Notre Dame loses again. If not, look for it to be filled by USF most likely. There is a small chance that there will be another BCS team available if Texas A&M or Oklahoma State can pull an upset.
11-19-2002 03:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU

herdfannindy Wrote:If the MCB is open, look for it to be filled by a Big East team if Notre Dame loses again. If not, look for it to be filled by USF most likely. There is a small chance that there will be another BCS team available if Texas A&M or Oklahoma State can pull an upset.
These geographical matchups - and trades - would make the most sense...

Swap Iowa State for South Florida
Tangerine Bowl (Orlando) = NC State vs. South Florida
Motor City Bowl (Detroit) = Iowa State vs. NIU/UT

-or-

Swap Louisville for South Florida
GMAC Bowl (Mobile) = South Florida vs. Marshall
Motor City Bowl (Detroit) = Louisville vs. NIU/UT

But then again, the bowl system doesn't make much sense to begin with...
11-19-2002 04:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.