Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Byron not going to NYC?
Bookmark and Share
Rockets1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo

I dont like the guy...but he sure is the best QB in the nation and deserves to go to NYC.....complete BS he didnt get invited

<!--EDIT|Dodo|Dec 12 2002, 04:35 PM-->
12-11-2002 06:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

rocketfootball Offline
Legend

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

His injury cost him. Before that he may have even won.
12-12-2002 08:56 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Econoknight Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Ron Burgundy

Here are some words of consolation for Byron.

Danny Wuerrfel
Gino Torretta
Charlie Ward

Your welcome.
12-12-2002 09:10 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

Econoknight Wrote:Here are some words of consolation for Byron.

Danny Wuerrfel
Gino Torretta
Charlie Ward

Your welcome.
Don't forget Andre Ware!
12-12-2002 09:25 AM
Advertisement

Herd Fan 4-Life Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall

Donators

I suppose it didn't really hurt Ward that much. He is a starting guard for the New York Knickerbockers.

Leftwich couldn't be any worse than Shawn Bradley.
Just kidding, of course!
12-12-2002 10:15 AM
Econoknight Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Ron Burgundy

rocketfootball Wrote:Don't forget Andre Ware!
I know Detroit would like to forget him. Man, what a bust he was after the amazing Heisman year he had.
12-12-2002 01:04 PM
CMichFan Offline

I Root For: CMU

Crappies

Andre who? :rolleyes:
12-12-2002 08:28 PM
Advertisement

HuskieDan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

I'm betting that the HUGE contract he gets as the top pick in the draft in April will offer the necessary consolation for not being invited to NYC.
12-13-2002 12:03 AM
hashmander Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

how was he more deserving than the 5 that were invited?

he can't go over mcgahee who's the best back in college football.

dorsey is the QB for the mighty canes and he hasn't lost a game since Washington 2 seasons ago.

carson palmer has been unreal for USC.

brad banks is the man and he's a big reason why iowa is playing in the orange bowl.

larry johnson ran for over 2000 yards. BTW, UCF was one of the few teams to hold him under 100 yards.
12-13-2002 12:38 AM
Herd Swimming Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: T & A

How can he not go?

He is by far the best quarterback in college football.

Leftwich would easily have had the same record in Miami with the players Dorsey has around him.

If Byron were not coming from a MAC school, they would have already proclaimed him THE winner. But he is from a weak conference. We play a bunch of nobodys.

His stats are as good as anyone out there this year, and he didn't play the better part of four games, two because of injury, and enough quarters to make two more because of blowouts.

The Heisman is a BCS sham.
12-13-2002 06:53 AM
Advertisement

Herdon Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

In regards to dorsey, he has no business being mentioned let alone going to NY. If you forgot, its a individual award, not a team award. The quality of athletes areound him and the system are the main reason UM is undefeated. Just ask Steve Spurier what its like trying to win with the same athletes as everybody else.

The other guys, a case can be made for them, but the Heisman really has become a joke, kind of like the BCS.

Byron will be laughing all the way to the Bank.
12-13-2002 06:57 AM
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

Once again, his injury cost him the trip to NY and possibly the Heisman. It is that simple!
12-13-2002 07:53 AM
donavanb Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Marshall

I agree that his injury cost him the chance. My problem with Dorsey is this, If you think he should go then argue about his merits as a QB. All of this about how many games HE WON, he didn't win them, the team did. Now what if he was absolutely horrible but their defense shut every team out and they won every game 3-0. Would you still argue he should go because his team was undefeated? No.

I understand that was not the case, but my point is that the Heisman should not be determined based on what your team does. It should be based on that players merits. 03-banghead
12-13-2002 08:38 AM
Advertisement

Dodo Offline
1st String

I Root For:

donavanb Wrote:I agree that his injury cost him the chance. My problem with Dorsey is this, If you think he should go then argue about his merits as a QB. All of this about how many games HE WON, he didn't win them, the team did. Now what if he was absolutely horrible but their defense shut every team out and they won every game 3-0. Would you still argue he should go because his team was undefeated? No.

I understand that was not the case, but my point is that the Heisman should not be determined based on what your team does. It should be based on that players merits. 03-banghead
Nor should it be a career award.

Everyone always says that Dorsey "doesn't make mistakes" and "allows his team to win."

By that logic Trent Dilfer should have been NFL Player of the Year.
12-13-2002 08:40 AM
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

I really don't see how Dorsey can win this. Too many other worthy names.
Fortunately, I think his teammate will syphon off some of his votes.
I think Banks is the true deserving winner this year. Palmer had big game on TV. Johnson had a lot of big numbers against weak teams, not so good when they really needed him. (I realize everyone knows these arguments, by now.)
Banks, though, has just been everything you'd want a QB to be this year and has come up big over and over again. Just a spectacular season. If their defense hadn't collapsed in the 4th Q against ISU....
He's just been so dominating.
Bryon L.--is a case of what might have been had the breaks gone his way. A MAC QB can afford no negatives. The injury and the loss to Akron etc. give the voters a reason to vote for someone else who plays in a tougher conference. No one knows what he would have done had he gone to a different school. He picked Marshall and the MAC and the limitations inherent in that choice.
12-13-2002 09:42 AM
Okie Chippewa Offline
All American

I Root For: The MAC

I don't believe Leftwich playing in the MAC kept him out of the Heisman race. Otherwise, how does that explain Randy Moss and Chad Pennington? It really is incredulous to me he wasn't a finalist. That being said, he would have been the likely winner if he played for a top-10 BCS team.

Byron was a solid candidate at the beginnng of the year. What did he do wrong to not make it to New York?

Play poorly on TV? NOPE!!!
Three TD passes (and LOTS of dropped passes) against Va Tech, a team that was very highly regarded when Marshall played them.
Did just fine against Central Florida.
The memorable scene in the Akron game.
Riddled Ball State.
The comeback kid in the Toledo game.
He even displayed the "team spirit" on the sidelines during the Miami game.

Had bad stats? NOPE!!!
I'm too lazy to look these up.

He wouldn't have been this good if he had played in a better conference? NOPE!!!
Byron's very likely to be the #1 pick in the NFL draft. At least the #1 QB pick. And everyone knows it.

The injury? MAYBE.
I could understand this reason if he would have missed most of the year or the end of the season.

WHAT IS THE REASON, THEN??
I think the tidal wave of publicity on national, non-cable, TV for the other candidates over the past two weeks wiped him out. He was basically ignored by ABC and CBS.

Is the Worst is yet to come?

Can you imagine Byron not being an All-American (1st, 2nd, or 3rd team)? The fact that Dorsey, Banks, and Palmer are all Heisman finalists does not bode well.

I'd just like ONE "EXPERT" tell us on television, with a straight face, how all three of those QBs should be All-Americans above Leftwich.

That would be a shame and a sham!!
12-13-2002 11:15 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.