Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Another Temple rumor.....
Bookmark and Share
HerdKixButt Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

"They also said they had heard that Temple is working to join the MAC for FB after this year. They would stay in the A-10 for everything else but would play MAC schools in non-conference BB as part of the deal. They said Temple was almost totally ignored at the Big Least preseason events this week. "

<a href='http://herdnation.com/forums/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=5488&sid=d1ce274e52ddd52f88d6a03e316b689b' target='_blank'>http://herdnation.com/forums/phpbb2/viewto...8d6a03e316b689b</a>
07-30-2004 01:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

rocketfootball Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

The Big East has totally ignored Temple. There is pretty much zero chance of them ever rejoining the BE at this point.

That said, C-USA and the MAC are their best options right now. If the MAC added Temple, we would really need another school IMO. Although we had 13 teams before, and in this case maybe BG could stay in the West and there just be one more West school than number of schools in the East.

Of course, I really think the MAC will just be 12 schools in 2005.
07-30-2004 01:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Schadenfreude Offline
Professional Tractor Puller

I Root For: Bowling Green

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Considering the possible ramifications of the attendance rule as laid out by Kit Kat, we may have to bring Temple in.

"Backfilling," as it were.

Temple can turn into something good. I think people here are too down on Temple.
07-30-2004 02:29 PM
Kit-Cat Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Championships
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Schadenfreude Wrote:Considering the possible ramifications of the attendance rule as laid out by Kit Kat, we may have to bring Temple in.

Temple can turn into something good. I think people here are too down on Temple.
I am pro Temple. Only if they bring non conference basketball games to the table. If you know anything about Temple, they typically have about 6 basketball games on ESPN every year so a Temple/Kent or Temple/WMU has a great shot at being an ESPN game.

For the 14th school we should try and talk with Army. They would have a rivalry with Buffalo and Temple in the MAC.

Navy, OTOH has 3 annual rivalries with Army, Air Force, Notre Dame and the Washington-Baltimore TV market. They thought they were too good for CUSA, and are holding out for the Big East which they almost got in. Navy went bowling last years so they are less than desperate for a conference. Also renovated their stadium last year.
07-30-2004 02:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
herd of butt whoopin beef Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Marshall

Kit-Cat Wrote:
Schadenfreude Wrote:Considering the possible ramifications of the attendance rule as laid out by Kit Kat, we may have to bring Temple in.

I am pro Temple. Only if they bring non conference basketball games to the table. If you know anything about Temple, they typically have about 6 basketball games on ESPN every year so a Temple/Kent or Temple/WMU has a great shot at being an ESPN game.

For the 14th school we should try and talk with Army. They would have a rivalry with Buffalo and Temple in the MAC.

Navy, OTOH has 3 annual rivalries with Army, Air Force, Notre Dame and the Washington-Baltimore TV market. They thought they were too good for CUSA, and are holding out for the Big East which they almost got in. Navy went bowling last years so they are less than desperate for a conference. Also renovated their stadium last year.
one of the reasons army got out of conference usa was for scheduling flexibility. putting them in another conference will not give them that.
07-30-2004 06:20 PM
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

For what it's worth, this was posted by Capital Pirate (an ECU fan) on the C-USA board:

Temple is headed to the MAC. Done deal.

Not sure if it's for all sports, but football is a done deal.

Got the info from a VERY reliable source.

I doubt an ECU fan has a VERY reliable source at either Temple or the MAC, but you never know.
07-30-2004 07:18 PM
Advertisement

Schadenfreude Offline
Professional Tractor Puller

I Root For: Bowling Green

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

That's a funny thread over there.

One gem in particular:

Temple is "in the A-10 & MAC when they could have had an all sports invite to C-USA. You make the choise which is better."

He has no idea Conference USA is about to pass A-10 on the way down.

Reality is about to be sadistic to some of those guys.
07-30-2004 08:04 PM
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

When C-USA loses all those good b-ball schools I really think the A-10 is going to be just as strong if not stronger in basketball.
07-30-2004 08:36 PM
HuskieDan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

Isn't it elementary?

A-10 - Temple, Xavier, Rhode Island, UMass, Dayton & St. Joe's.
CUSA - Houston, Memphis, St. Louis (?), UAB.

in the recent past, it's absolutely no contest.
07-30-2004 09:04 PM
BuckeyeStu Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

HuskieDan Wrote:Isn't it elementary?

Wrong, St. Louis and Charlotte are leaving C-USA for the A-10. If that isn't an indication of which conference is superior than I dont know what is.
07-30-2004 09:36 PM
MichiganTiger Offline
The Right Honorable

I Root For: the UofMs

Donators

BuckeyeStu Wrote:
HuskieDan Wrote:Isn't it elementary?&nbsp;

CUSA - Houston, Memphis, St. Louis (?), UAB.&nbsp;

Wrong, St. Louis and Charlotte are leaving C-USA for the A-10. If that isn't an indication of which conference is superior than I dont know what is.
The A-10 probably has an extra team at the top, but they also have more deadweight at the bottom.
07-30-2004 10:28 PM
Advertisement

Kit-Cat Offline
Hall of Famer

TheTiger Wrote:
BuckeyeStu Wrote:

The A-10 probably has an extra team at the top, but they also have more deadweight at the bottom.
I don't know there is a lot of dead weight in CUSA hoops.....Tulane, Rice, Marshall, East Carolina, UCF......
07-30-2004 10:34 PM
The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

Kit-Cat Wrote:
TheTiger Wrote:
BuckeyeStu Wrote:

I don't know there is a lot of dead weight in CUSA hoops.....Tulane, Rice, Marshall, East Carolina, UCF......
Funny you mention that, considering your ****** Bobcats got beat by a bottom dwelling A Sun team last year, a team that UCF hammered both games we faced them.

It's also funny considering Rice was receiving top 25 votes last year, and UCF received 5 top 25 votes to end the season last year.

I wouldn't expect you to know that though- back to your dope smoking.
07-30-2004 10:47 PM
MichiganTiger Offline
The Right Honorable

I Root For: the UofMs

Donators

Kit-Cat Wrote:
TheTiger Wrote:
BuckeyeStu Wrote:
HuskieDan Wrote:Isn't it elementary?&nbsp;

CUSA - Houston, Memphis, St. Louis (?), UAB.&nbsp;

3 year regular season record comparisons against D-1 opponents . Any team that hasn't had at least two 17 win seasons or an NCAA tournament appearance are in bold.

2004, 2003, 2002:

C-USA
Houston 9-18, 8-20, 17-14
Tulane 10-17, 15-15, 13-15
Southern Miss 12-15, 13-16, 9-17
East Carolina 12-14, 10-15, 10-18
SMU 12-18, 17-13, 14-14
Marshall 12-17, 13-15, 13-15

Memphis 21-7, 23-6, 26-5
UAB 20-9, 18-12, 13-17
UTEP 22-7, 5-24, 9-22,
Rice 21-10, 17-10, 10-19,
Tulsa 9-20, 22-9, 25-5
UCF 24-5, 20-11, 16-12

A-10
St. Louis 18-12, 16-13, 15-16
George Washington 18-11, 12-17, 12-16
Duquesne 12-17, 9-21, 9-19
La Salle 10-20, 12-17, 15-17
St. Bonaventure 7-21, 13-14, 17-12
UMass 10-19, 10-18, 13-16
Fordham 6-22, 2-26, 8-20
Temple 15-13, 15-15, 15-14

UNC Charlotte 21-8, 13-16, 18-11
St. Joseph's 27-1, 23-6, 18-11
Dayton 24-8, 24-5, 20-10
Xavier 23-10, 25-5, 24-5
Richmond 20-12, 15-13, 19-12
Rhode Island 19-12, 18-11, 8-20
07-30-2004 11:16 PM
Kit-Cat Offline
Hall of Famer

The Knight Time Wrote:[Funny you mention that, considering your ****** Bobcats got beat by a bottom dwelling A Sun team last year, a team that UCF hammered both games we faced them.

It's also funny considering Rice was receiving top 25 votes last year, and UCF received 5 top 25 votes to end the season last year.

Thats nice that UCF finally had one decent season. UCF has no tradition of making tourney runs, plain and simple. You put UCF's basketball team in the MAC and they wouldn't even make the NIT.

So what Rice had an OK team last year. How many sweet 16s have they had in 10 years? Rice hasn't been ranked since 1957. And they've never been in the top 10 unlike the BOBCATS.

Central Florida HAS NEVER BEEN RANKED!

East Carolina HAS NEVER BEEN RANKED!

Southern Miss ranked one year 1990-91

SMU hasn't been ranked since 1985

Marshall was ranked one year 1971-72

Tulane hasn't been in the top 10 since 1948-49

Bottom Feeder Comparison:
Central Florida, East Carolina, Southern Miss, Marshall vs.

Richmond (ranked 3 years), Duquene (Ranked 11 years, with number 1 rankings), LaSalle (ranked 13 years, number 1 rankings), Fordham (ranked 4 years)

Without a doubt the bottom feeders in the A-10 have far greater traditions then those of CUSA.

Please KnightTime, lay off the acid. The only think I smoke is your classroom. Bring me down to UCF and I'd be an example of what a real student is supposed to be like. Really, I'm serious.

You're a Tunnel Visioned Moron going to a third rate school for a buisness degree to work in your Dad's Ice Cream Truck.
07-30-2004 11:18 PM
The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

Kit-Cat Wrote:
The Knight Time Wrote:[Funny you mention that, considering your ******&nbsp; Bobcats got beat by a bottom dwelling A Sun team last year, a team that UCF hammered both games we faced them.

Thats nice that UCF finally had one decent season. UCF has no tradition of making tourney runs, plain and simple. You put UCF's basketball team in the MAC and they wouldn't even make the NIT.

So what Rice had an OK team last year. How many sweet 16s have they had in 10 years? Rice hasn't been ranked since 1957. And they've never been in the top 10 unlike the BOBCATS.

Central Florida HAS NEVER BEEN RANKED!

East Carolina HAS NEVER BEEN RANKED!

Southern Miss ranked one year 1990-91

SMU hasn't been ranked since 1985

Marshall was ranked one year 1971-72

Tulane hasn't been in the top 10 since 1948-49

Bottom Feeder Comparison:
Central Florida, East Carolina, Southern Miss, Marshall vs.

Richmond (ranked 3 years), Duquene (Ranked 11 years, with number 1 rankings), LaSalle (ranked 13 years, number 1 rankings), Fordham (ranked 4 years)

Without a doubt the bottom feeders in the A-10 have far greater traditions then those of CUSA.

Please KnightTime, lay off the acid. The only think I smoke is your classroom. Bring me down to UCF and I'd be an example of what a real student is supposed to be like. Really, I'm serious.

You're a Tunnel Visioned Moron going to a third rate school for a buisness degree to work in your Dad's Ice Cream Truck.
We've never been ranked becasue thus far we've played in the A Sun, which gets no credit.

As for NCAA tournys- UCF has been to the tournament 3 times in the past 10 years.

Not great, but not bad considering our conference is a 1 bid league.

Tell me, how many times have the Bobcats gone to the NCAA tournament in the past 10 years?
07-31-2004 01:17 AM
Advertisement

Coog2Knight518 Offline
Banned

I Root For:

Schadenfreude Wrote:That's a funny thread over there.

One gem in particular:

Temple is "in the A-10 & MAC when they could have had an all sports invite to C-USA. You make the choise which is better."
We just raided the MAC of their flagship football team (Marshall), and the fb team with the biggest upside (UCF w/ our new coach, O'leary).

04-rock

Nuff said..

As for the A-10 debate. St Louis and Charlotte saw the writing on the wall. CUSA was evolving into an All-sports conference.

With NCAA Tournement darling UAB (w/coach Anderson), NCAA Tourney team Memphis (w/ Coach Cal), NCAA Tourney team UTEP, NCAA Tourney team UCF, and renowned coaches hired at both Houston (w/ coach Penders) and Southern Miss (w/ coach Eustachy), add in Tulsa, and CUSA Basketball is AT THE VERY LEAST even with the A-10.

and with that...

I REPEAT... WE TOOK YOUR FLAGSHIP!!! 03-nutkick
07-31-2004 02:44 AM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Marshall is not our flagship team, and we're very grateful that you took them off our hands. Enjoy! :wave:
07-31-2004 04:12 AM
Quote this message in a reply
movin on up Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

your right, its now past tense, Marshall was your flag ship team and put you guys on the map. :D Your Welcome.
07-31-2004 05:07 AM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Sometimes there is a very fine line between delusion and stupidity. Sometimes there isn't one at all.
07-31-2004 06:18 AM
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.